In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 14th, 2014 at 10:39:54 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Guess I missed this from earlier:
Quote: boymimbo
The updated story [re: the Las Vegas shootings] that described this person's actions was in a different article than was referenced (published at 6:49pm last night).
The fact that you ASSUMED the worst shows how incredibly biased you are when it comes to commenting on people who have concealed weapons. You should be a writer for the New Yuck Times.

That said, I still will state that his actions were not thoroughly assessed.
Um...there was a crime in progress. There was no time to do a psychological evaluation of the gunman. Duh!

That's why we leave the job of protecting society to the police, and not to the untrained public at large.
Just because YOU are untrained and have no clue how to use a firearm doesn't mean that everybody else is too.

BTW, the police weren't around when the guy started shooting. Your solution always seems to be: "Pray that the police arrive before the bad guys kill you!"
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
June 14th, 2014 at 11:14:45 AM permalink
Beethoven
Someone worth that kind of money is extremely wealthy.
I agree, Bloomberg is extremely wealthy, yet the media has never given his vast fortune the type of attention that Romney's "wealth" has received.

Bloomberg wasn't running for president.
Guess you haven't been paying attention to politics for 20 years. FYI, Romney has been in the political arena for over 20 years, which is well before he ever considered running for president.

BTW, Bloomberg did in fact flirt with a presidential run (more than once, I might add), yet his $34 billion net worth was never put under the microscope. Romney (who is 150 times LESS wealthy than Bloomberg) has had hit pieces written about him and his "wealth" for over 2 decades.

Quote: AZDuffman
What I will never get on the "wealth" thing is Obama was the one who kept bragging about how much money he had and made yet Romney is the one who "could not connect with voters."
+1

Exactly! If Romney is "uber-wealthy", then what about the boatload of Dems who are worth just as much as he is?

Speaking of Dems, we have guys like Bill Clinton, Barack Obama, et al., who always brag about how rich they are whenever they talk about how happy they are to pay their taxes. And, of course, the media NEVER criticizes them for their wealth.
June 14th, 2014 at 11:45:52 AM permalink
Beethoven
Aw geez, and I was about to eat lunch...

(Chelsea Clinton wearing leather pants and pumps)
June 14th, 2014 at 2:25:15 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Bbbblocked. I remember now why I liked this place...
June 14th, 2014 at 2:30:40 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Heck, let's block the entire thread. There. Balance restored.
June 14th, 2014 at 7:25:36 PM permalink
Beethoven
Wow, Chelsea in leather pants had that effect on you? lol... ;)
June 14th, 2014 at 7:39:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Beethoven
Wow, Chelsea in leather pants had that effect on you? lol... ;)

Why would an unattractive pregnant woman
stuff herself into leather pants in the summer.
Shudder..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 15th, 2014 at 12:29:47 AM permalink
Beethoven
With all the turmoil in Iraq, gas prices could skyrocket. If that happens, I'm going to laugh at all the libs who have been screaming "No war for oil!" (which was a dumb statement anyway). And let's see how all the LIV's like paying a fortune for gas...lol
June 15th, 2014 at 2:47:56 AM permalink
Beethoven
I hate to look like I'm dumping on Chelsea, but this Father's Day video takes the cake...lol:

0:08 - "Through his words and even more his actions, he has always taught me the importance of doing right."
1:04 - "It's always better to get caught trying than never to have tried at all."

Hey Chelsea, so committing perjury, subornation of perjury, and obstruction of justice is "doing right"?!?!?
And the second quote must be some sort of Freudian slip. I mean, it's better to "get caught trying"????? LOL!

June 15th, 2014 at 3:54:59 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: Beethoven
I hate to look like I'm dumping on Chelsea, but this Father's Day video takes the cake...lol:

0:08 - "Through his words and even more his actions, he has always taught me the importance of doing right."
1:04 - "It's always better to get caught trying than never to have tried at all."

Hey Chelsea, so committing perjury, subornation of perjury, and obstruction of justice is "doing right"?!?!?
And the second quote must be some sort of Freudian slip. I mean, it's better to "get caught trying"????? LOL!

There are different ways to teach children things. In this case, he taught her all of the things she shouldn't do or allow her husband to do. If I never saw another Clinton, it would be too soon...but it looks like Hillary will be around for a few months. I hope that is all it is and then she goes back into retirement. Chelsea? Who cares...