In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 7th, 2017 at 4:37:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: buzzardknot

Sad news Missouri becomes 28th right to work state. New Hampshire next in line.

Sad news for special interests, good news for everyone else.
The President is a fink.
February 7th, 2017 at 7:35:50 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Quote: stinkingliberal
Except for the fact that tears don't "veil" one's vision, only blur it, that might be a reasonable save for buzzard's blunder.

Hey, "vale" isn't a commonly used word any more. It's not surprising that someone would butcher it. There are a lot of words like that that are misused because they're no longer seen very much. I see errors like that all the time, even in national publications.

It's only an error in your mind. But there are a lot of distortions there !
February 7th, 2017 at 9:40:04 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
Sad news for special interests, good news for everyone else.
Just another means to destroy the middle class. I was in Idaho when rtw passed. My father in law was a truck driver in Oregon. When it passed he was making .23 per mile, the following week the company moved to Idaho and reduced his pay to .09 cents per mile. He wasn't union, he didn't even like unions, but this will affect all working people. So that is one of the special interests you speak of that are destroyed. Meanwhile trillions of dollars are given to banks and the MIC to fight foreign wars for empire. It's ludicrous to celebrate reducing middle class wages even more. It will affect more than the group you detest. Be careful for what you wish for.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
February 7th, 2017 at 10:41:54 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: petroglyph
Just another means to destroy the middle class. I was in Idaho when rtw passed. My father in law was a truck driver in Oregon. When it passed he was making .23 per mile, the following week the company moved to Idaho and reduced his pay to .09 cents per mile. He wasn't union, he didn't even like unions, but this will affect all working people. So that is one of the special interests you speak of that are destroyed. Meanwhile trillions of dollars are given to banks and the MIC to fight foreign wars for empire. It's ludicrous to celebrate reducing middle class wages even more. It will affect more than the group you detest. Be careful for what you wish for.
Are you saying a grown man is driving truck for less than six dollars per hour?! I can't believe that.
February 7th, 2017 at 10:56:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman

Unions long ago stopped being about their members. Today they are about leftist fundraising and ground support.

I was once pro-union. I remember reading the union mag each month, it would often show efforts to organize Purdue poultry plants. Said how bad the workers had it and they deserved representation. Behind the scenes, Paul Castellano was using the union and my dues to get Frank Purdue to sell his birds to Dial, Paul's company, and get them on the shelves in the NY Metro area. Where of course stores bought from Dial unless they wanted labor unrest.

Or when our store was closing. The new, nonunion owner had cashiers training two weeks before it closed, as well as had his family getting the store in order. Union was supposed to protect our jobs. Told us, "there is nothing we can do." Didn't even sent a rep out.

Or when my dad's union went on strike. Supposed to be a strike fund. It was gone because Greyhound strikes ate it up, and the Greyhound union was crushed anyhow.

Or there is the SEIU who is supposed to negotiate for their members but spends a huge amount of their time paying for demonstrators for causes like a higher minimum wage, etc. How does that help the members?

Sorry, unions are not helping anyone but Democrat politicians and causes. Often those causes are not what their members favor.
The President is a fink.
February 7th, 2017 at 11:14:26 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: pew
Are you saying a grown man is driving truck for less than six dollars per hour?! I can't believe that.
When Idaho went rtw, around 1982, Charlton Heston was on tv with some musket type of rifle lobbying for rtw. Around the time when the White supremacists blew up the courthouse in Courd elene Idaho. Heston was a big NRA member/president at the time. I haven't supported the NRA since.
February 7th, 2017 at 11:16:52 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
When Idaho went rtw, around 1982,
What's he making now abucktwofifty?
February 7th, 2017 at 11:22:15 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: pew
What's he making now abucktwofifty?
I edited since post. Truckers at least some of them make around that? FIL has turned to dust.
February 7th, 2017 at 11:31:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
When Idaho went rtw, around 1982, Charlton Heston was on tv with some musket type of rifle lobbying for rtw. Around the time when the White supremacists blew up the courthouse in Courd elene Idaho. Heston was a big NRA member/president at the time. I haven't supported the NRA since.

What does the courthouse have to do with anything else?
The President is a fink.
February 7th, 2017 at 11:34:04 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Right to work laws should be unconstitutional, as they deny freedom of association.

Laws mandating union membership should be illegal, too, for the same reason.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER