In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 6th, 2017 at 10:00:03 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Quote: petroglyph
And the fact that it is not, is proof that we are but chattel of an out of control state. The difference between picking up the entire tab on a date with the expectation of sex later, and prostitution, is only semantics. For that matter, that is how I see many marriages with 50% of them failing within 2 years, especially in states that have alimony.

As it turns out, it would have been much cheaper had I eaten every meal out and purchased all sex. More exciting and tastier as well.

Have any documentation to go with that 50% failing in 2 years, especially in states with alimony ?
February 6th, 2017 at 10:01:21 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Is there something hypocritical about claiming that paid protesters is "fake" but paid supporters in a press conference is not?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 6th, 2017 at 10:18:27 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: buzzardknot
Hey Stinky I said VEIL of tears. The bible may say VALE of tears, there was a Christian documentary VEIL of tears. Be that as it may, I said VEIL of tears. If you are here to tell people what they meant, you might want to join Larry S. at Gambling Forum.

Well, I am shocked, truly, that a Christian documentary got something wrong :) If you say "LEAVE" this vale/veil of tears, then you are clearly referring to a place--a vale is a place, but a veil isn't. So you did indeed mean "vale," in that context.

Simple error, common as grass, probably exacerbated by the use of smartphones. "Free reign." "Baited breath." That sort of blunder.
February 6th, 2017 at 10:23:00 AM permalink
buzzardknot
VEIL something that resembles a veil <a veil of stars>; especially : something that hides or obscures like a veil <lift the veil of secrecy>

Not my fault you have no imagination. There are valid opinions other than yours. Well, not in your mind!
February 6th, 2017 at 10:57:36 AM permalink
Dalex64
Vale of Tears
Quote:
The phrase vale of tears (Latin vallis lacrimarum) is a Christian phrase referring to the tribulations of life that Christian doctrine says are left behind only when one leaves the world and enters Heaven. The term "valley of tears" is also used sometimes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vale_of_tears

Veil of Tears
Quote:
This gripping new documentary film tells the untold story of millions of women in South Asia who are abused and trampled for no other reason than the fact that they are women.

http://veiloftearsmovie.com/the-story/

Quote: Buzzard
And who would have been there to comfort you in your hour of need ? We will all leave this veil of tears penniless.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
February 6th, 2017 at 11:14:15 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Not the same thing a bit! Why, you might just as well say that ‘I see what I eat’ is the same thing as ‘I eat what I see’!”
February 6th, 2017 at 11:26:00 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
I thought he meant tears in the eyes followed by a time of no tears in the eyes. Not a place at all.
February 6th, 2017 at 11:48:24 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Quote: pew
I thought he meant tears in the eyes followed by a time of no tears in the eyes. Not a place at all.

EXACTLY Once again Stinky felt it necessary to tell someone else how to think.
February 6th, 2017 at 11:53:53 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: buzzardknot
EXACTLY Once again Stinky felt it necessary to tell someone else how to think.

You shouldn't take a fence to corrections.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 6th, 2017 at 12:18:15 PM permalink
Dalex64
If you find yourself in a whole, stop digging.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_holes