In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 4th, 2014 at 11:52:34 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
Should you need more transparency, this was created from an Obama promise.

https://explore.data.gov/ethics/

So that completes the transparency promise without regard for the lack of transparency in passing Obamacare?
June 4th, 2014 at 12:11:29 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
So that completes the transparency promise without regard for the lack of transparency in passing Obamacare?

Actually, nope just one thing, as part of transparency. You know people expected him to be working on the free fall economy that occurred prior to election. The two wars. They expect him to address the BP hole in the gulf. There was another flu pandemic warning. And anything else that goes on. That's reality.

And things continue on from that first year.

Also, all issues, can't necessarily be implemented without additional concerns. Even just issuing a change in policy on gays in the military needs more than just someone signing something.

I know some things won't ever come to pass. Some things will take longer. I am not the one fretting though.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 4th, 2014 at 12:47:23 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Actually, nope just one thing, as part of transparency. You know people expected him to be working on the free fall economy that occurred prior to election. The two wars. They expect him to address the BP hole in the gulf. There was another flu pandemic warning. And anything else that goes on. That's reality.

And things continue on from that first year.

Also, all issues, can't necessarily be implemented without additional concerns. Even just issuing a change in policy on gays in the military needs more than just someone signing something.

I know some things won't ever come to pass. Some things will take longer. I am not the one fretting though.

As the President, one has a huge amount of resources at his beck and call, both paid and unpaid. It isn't as if the President sits in the Oval Office and decides to just think about one thing in a day and that is all that gets worked on--a good leader and manager would have all of the balls in the air and juggle them efficiently. While everything can't get done in one day, one week, or one month, most things can get done if there is a desire to get them done.

The President routinely criticizes Republicans in general and a former President out of office for five years specifically; somehow there is some expectation that he should not be held accountable for the failures or shortcomings of his administration.

The VA excuses are one such thing--maybe all of the President's horses and all of the President's men (and women) couldn't put Humpty Dumpty back together again but they really didn't try very hard and then they once again wanted to look at President Bush as being at fault, not themselves. Partially correct--President Bush did have shortcomings on the issue...it is just that President Obama has been President for nearly 5 1/2 years and didn't do much to fix the problem.
June 4th, 2014 at 1:32:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
The President routinely criticizes Republicans in general and a former President out of office for five years specifically; somehow there is some expectation that he should not be held accountable for the failures or shortcomings of his administration.

Maybe you need to do more research. I googled some excerpts on Obama and responsibility just to see what would come up. And he has every right to keep criticizing every stonewalling unhelpful Republican.

Quote:
President Barack Obama took ultimate responsibility on Tuesday for issues around last month's terrorist attack on the U.S. ...

Nov 3, 2010 - President Obama today said he would take "direct responsibility" for his party's devastating losses in Tuesday's midterm elections

Obama takes “full responsibility” for fixing HealthCare.gov ...

Obama Takes Responsibility for Deaths in Libya - WSJ

Obama takes full responsibility for the economy - The Plum ...

President Obama on Benghazi: "I am always responsible ...
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 4th, 2014 at 1:53:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
And he has every right to keep criticizing every stonewalling unhelpful Republican.

Stonewalling Republican: (noun) Republican that does not give up their own beliefs and do what Obama says to do
The President is a fink.
June 4th, 2014 at 10:05:15 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Maureen Dowd on pot candy bar: "I became convinced that I had died"

Idiots like Maureen Dowd laughed at conservatives who opposed marijuana, yet now she realizes that marijuana isn't exactly a health food. *facepalm*
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
June 4th, 2014 at 11:02:24 PM permalink
Beethoven
This isn't exactly from "today", but I had to post it because it's too good to ignore.

This is Christopher Hitchens ripping Bill Maher and then flipping off the morons in his audience. It warms my heart...lol :D

June 4th, 2014 at 11:31:39 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Quote: Beethoven
Maureen Dowd on pot candy bar: "I became convinced that I had died"

Idiots like Maureen Dowd laughed at conservatives who opposed marijuana, yet now she realizes that marijuana isn't exactly a health food. *facepalm*
Confucious say man pointing fingers at idiot looking in mirror. Marijuana isn't any worse than any drug advertised on TV with 30 seconds of side effect warnings.
June 4th, 2014 at 11:58:16 PM permalink
Beethoven
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
Confucious say man pointing fingers at idiot looking in mirror. Marijuana isn't any worse than any drug advertised on TV with 30 seconds of side effect warnings.
Haha!

One question: So where are the mods now??? You know, the ones who always accuse ME of starting fights by posting provocative messages directed at other members?? (Don't even know why I'm asking since I never even got a reply regarding the previous rule violation)

Anyway, it's good to know that I still live in nickel's head rent-free. It cracks me up knowing that I have so much power over this guy's entire life. :D
June 5th, 2014 at 12:48:41 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Beethoven
This is Christopher Hitchens ripping Bill Maher and then flipping off the morons in his audience. It warms my heart...lol

I really loathe Bill Maher. He's such a Lib tool.
And the great thing is, he doesn't know it.
He hangs at the Playboy mansion with Hef,
and thinks he's a hip dude. He's clueless,
and useless. Hitchens made him look like
a fool effortlessly. Maher is all preppy
sarcasm, with a giant chip on his shoulder.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.