Thread Rating:

December 22nd, 2022 at 10:27:49 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: Altstates93
Quote: ams288
Donny fought like hell to prevent this information from getting to the public, but as usual, in the end he lost the battle.

In comparison, Warren Buffett publicly disclosed income of around $11 million in 2015.

As Trump likes "people who weren't captured", so I like billionaires who didn't lose money.

Yet somehow he made the billions in the first place. True self made man.

Sadly the liberals here and elsewhere now have one less thing in their empty lives to hate Trump over.

You’re still insulting self-made men. You’re not self-made starting with your rich father providing you a million or more no matter how much you make.

Nobody knew what the Trump brand was before him. Now it’s world famous. Trump is self made.
The President is a fink.
December 22nd, 2022 at 1:30:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Donny fought like hell to prevent this information from getting to the public, but as usual, in the end he lost the battle.

In comparison, Warren Buffett publicly disclosed income of around $11 million in 2015.

As Trump likes "people who weren't captured", so I like billionaires who didn't lose money.

Sadly the liberals here and elsewhere now have one less thing in their empty lives to hate Trump over.

You’re still insulting self-made men. You’re not self-made starting with your rich father providing you a million or more no matter how much you make.

Nobody knew what the Trump brand was before him. Now it’s world famous. Trump is self made.

Ralph Lauren is a self-made man who established a brand, and is worth more than Trump. His father was a house painter and he lived in a small apartment with his two brothers. He didn't start with a giant boost up from a silver spoon.

John Rockefeller (one of Evenbob's favorite mentions) started as a lowly bookeeper. His father pretty much abandoned him. Maybe richest man ever, or so far.

And I'm pretty sure you must know how Ray Croc started. Some odd jobs growing up. He wasn't as good with maximizing his investements but he became plenty wealthy and is a self-made men by any definition.

Millions from your father is not self-made.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 22nd, 2022 at 1:46:07 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

That you keep repeating it does not make it the standard.

Ralph Lauren is a self-made man who established a brand, and is worth more than Trump. His father was a house painter and he lived in a small apartment with his two brothers. He didn't start with a giant boost up from a silver spoon.

John Rockefeller (one of Evenbob's favorite mentions) started as a lowly bookeeper. His father pretty much abandoned him. Maybe richest man ever, or so far.

And I'm pretty sure you must know how Ray Croc started. Some odd jobs growing up. He wasn't as good with maximizing his investements but he became plenty wealthy and is a self-made men by any definition.

Millions from your father is not self-made.
The President is a fink.
December 22nd, 2022 at 3:35:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
… The Times, citing hundreds of confidential tax returns and financial records, reported that Trump received over $400 million in today’s dollars from his father’s real estate empire, starting when he was a toddler and continuing today. And, to bail out his failing businesses, Trump borrowed tens of millions of dollars from his dad and relied on the elder Trump ― who was one of the richest people in America[.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 23rd, 2022 at 2:36:02 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Texans nervous as the big freeze hits this morning. You get what you vote for.

https://news.yahoo.com/ready-reliable-texans-assured-power-220127792.html
"News of the extreme cold has some Texans nervous, recalling a 2021 winter storm that crippled the state’s power grid. Millions across the state were left without electricity for days as temperatures dropped to their lowest levels in a decade. More than 200 people died because of what some now call the Great Texas Freeze."

On the flip side I don't depend on the govt for heat. Should get in the low 20's tonight for me. Wondering how long a 20 lb propane tank will last me. I have 2 tanks so I'll be fine. Breaking out the heated hose and will let the water drip
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 23rd, 2022 at 5:26:14 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

On the flip side I don't depend on the govt for heat. Should get in the low 20's tonight for me. Wondering how long a 20 lb propane tank will last me. I have 2 tanks so I'll be fine. Breaking out the heated hose and will let the water drip

Are you back in Northern Florida? I always kept a portable electric heater in the camper so I didn't waste my propane and I figured I am already paying for the electricity at the camp spot.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 23rd, 2022 at 5:35:07 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Are you back in Northern Florida? I always kept a portable electric heater in the camper so I didn't waste my propane and I figured I am already paying for the electricity at the camp spot.

RV monthly rate
Got a meter on my site
Electricity is measured and charged
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 23rd, 2022 at 12:45:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote:
Caroline Ellison, former chief executive of Alameda Research, said she agreed with Bankman-Fried to hide from FTX’s investors, lenders and customers that the hedge fund could borrow unlimited sums from the exchange, according a transcript of her Dec. 19 plea hearing that was unsealed on Friday.

“We prepared certain quarterly balance sheets that concealed the extent of Alameda’s borrowing and the billions of dollars in loans that Alameda had made to FTX executives and to related parties,” Ellison told U.S. District Judge Ronnie Abrams in Manhattan federal court, according to the transcript.

A nice cold jail cell seems appropriate.
December 23rd, 2022 at 2:23:02 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote:
Caroline Ellison, former chief executive of Alameda Research, said she agreed with Bankman-Fried to hide from FTX’s investors, lenders and customers that the hedge fund could borrow unlimited sums from the exchange, according a transcript of her Dec. 19 plea hearing that was unsealed on Friday.

“We prepared certain quarterly balance sheets that concealed the extent of Alameda’s borrowing and the billions of dollars in loans that Alameda had made to FTX executives and to related parties,” Ellison told U.S. District Judge Ronnie Abrams in Manhattan federal court, according to the transcript.

A nice cold jail cell seems appropriate.

He was raised by far left parents. He wouldn't even know that what he did was wrong. The left continually rapes everyone in the country to move forward their personal agenda. The lefty politicians think that tax payers money is their money to spend as they please. Not much different than what SBF did.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 23rd, 2022 at 2:52:11 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
Quote:

He was raised by far left parents. He wouldn't even know that what he did was wrong. The left continually rapes everyone in the country to move forward their personal agenda. The lefty politicians think that tax payers money is their money to spend as they please. Not much different than what SBF did.

Sure he's a criminal. Unlike you I don't care what politics he follows before he's off to jail.