In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 20th, 2022 at 7:39:08 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Filibuster.

Really? Was there actually a bill in the House addressing the matter? And then it was presented in the Senate but was blocked from a vote by the filibuster? Sounds plausible, but I frankly don’t remember ANY Democrats bringing up increasing LEGAL immigration. All I remember hearing was them magically turning illegals already here into legals. Nuanced…..
December 20th, 2022 at 10:36:52 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Don’t masturbate with Christmas ornaments doctor warns amid spike in seasonal injuries

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/don-t-masturbate-with-christmas-ornaments-doctor-warns-amid-spike-in-seasonal-injuries/ar-AA15uN33?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6bbee40ab2dc4762834615d4ef7e73e5
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 20th, 2022 at 11:43:49 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
We do allow a defined number of foreigners to legally come to the USA to work. If only we had a Democrat House, Democrat Senate, and Democrat President, we could change the laws to allow more in. Oh wait, what happened the last two years?

Here is the difference
Letting more people in not high on the Dem priority list
Keeping more people out very very very high on the republican priority list
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 20th, 2022 at 1:19:56 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Here is the difference
Letting more people in not high on the Dem priority list

I’m not even sure it is that high on their priority list. How many rich republicans have gotten caught hiring undocumented immigrants?

They are just playing to their racist base who they know REALLY hate brown people.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 20th, 2022 at 1:22:17 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined

No true at all. The Republicans would love to let in all wealthy migrants with a net worth of at least $1 million U.S. dollars.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 20th, 2022 at 1:32:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
No true at all. The Republicans would love to let in all wealthy migrants with a net worth of at least $1 million U.S. dollars.

That is who we need.
The President is a fink.
December 20th, 2022 at 7:30:56 PM permalink
rxwine
Epic games lose lawsuit, owe $520 million.

Quote:
"The button configuration within Fortnite was so confusing and inconsistent that it was extremely easy for users to rack up charges for items they did not want," he says, "Game players are kind of fast and furiously pressing buttons. Some of those buttons preview items. Some of those buttons purchase items. And if a user was previewing an item and accidentally pressed an adjacent button, they would immediately be charged for the item with no recourse."

The FTC has identified three categories of consumers eligible for refunds:

-Parents whose children made an unauthorized credit card purchase in the Epic Games Store between January 2017 and November 2018.

-Fortnite players who were charged in-game currency (V-Bucks) for unwanted in-game items (such as cosmetics, llamas, or battle passes) between January 2017 and September 2022.

-Fortnite players whose accounts were locked between January 2017 and September 2022 after disputing unauthorized charges with their credit card companies.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 21st, 2022 at 5:54:02 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: DRich
I don't know where you live but I see so many help wanted signs in stores it amazes me that anyone is working.

My time is divided between Queens and Manhattan, where I don’t see any ‘help wanted’ signs.

Your area is recovering from a Cat-4 hurricane and preparing for an influx of snow birds. It doesn't represent the rest of the country.

The BLS can paint whatever rosey picture it wants. The fact remains:

March 2022 Employed: 158,458,000
November 2022 Employed: 158,470,000

The difference does not add up to the reported 2.7 million reported increase in payrolls over that period.

Despite the BLS rosey jobs reports, continuing jobless claims have been steadily rising every week since September.

December 21st, 2022 at 6:19:51 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
Don’t masturbate with Christmas ornaments doctor warns amid spike in seasonal injuries

Man with WWI explosive lodged in his rectum sparks bomb scare, hospital evacuation
December 21st, 2022 at 6:56:46 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Tanko
Man with WWI explosive lodged in his rectum sparks bomb scare, hospital evacuation