In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 24th, 2022 at 4:01:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
Curious
Do you think Kari Lake won :-)

I don't think most of the rightwing know the Mueller Report didn't exonerate Trump. They just go by what Trump said.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 24th, 2022 at 6:31:34 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
Nobody can know including you and I. What is not in dispute is that uncounted ballots were mixed in with counted ballots in many ridings and that this illegal act occurred in predominately Republican ridings.

Gee
Tell it to a judge
Hmm
They did do that and lost.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 25th, 2022 at 9:16:35 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
If you were paying any attention at all to facts you would know he lost because the Dems were using the FBI to create false claims against him.

Sounds like what he did to Hillary in 2016.

Quote:
The facts are all easily available now but of course you have never let facts get in the way of your beliefs.

This is just typical rightie projection.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 26th, 2022 at 12:30:19 AM permalink
rxwine
I noticed someone won Florida Lotto in Cape Coral on Christmas. 41 million. When's the party Drich?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 26th, 2022 at 4:59:51 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
I noticed someone won Florida Lotto in Cape Coral on Christmas. 41 million. When's the party Drich?

I don't know what you are talking about. I have been too busy out shopping.

Sadly, I couldn't afford a new one so I had to settle for a used one.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 27th, 2022 at 10:10:17 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
So George Santos has admitted
1. He didn’t go to ANY college.
2. He never worked for the two investment banks.
3. Etc…..

He said he used poor judgment in ‘resume embellishment’.

He also said he will be sworn in and represent the constituents he lied to.

I hope someone finds a crime that he can be convicted of.

And I’d tire the campaign manager of the guy he beat!
December 27th, 2022 at 10:56:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Summary of social media changes from an Ars Technia article

Quote:
Wikipedia stopped taking cryptocurrency donations due to the environmental cost. Google started allowing political emails to bypass Gmail spam filters ahead of elections, and then, following pressure from abortion rights activists, began auto-deleting location data from sensitive medical locations. Among the most shocking shifts to some, after Russia invaded Ukraine, Facebook made a controversial call to start considering some death threats aimed at Russian military forces as acceptable “political expression”—instead of violent speech in violation of community guidelines.

Other decisions seemed to reverse course on admittedly bad business moves. Amazon stopped paying “ambassadors” to tweet about how much they loved working in lawsuit-riddled warehouses. Apple killed its controversial plan to scan all iCloud photos for child sexual abuse materials. And chasing profits that were lost through its prior adult-content ban, perhaps the greatest surprise came when Tumblr started allowing nudity again.
December 28th, 2022 at 1:02:21 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
George Santos is really bad news
He's the guy who totally lied about his resume and got elected
Now we are learning more
He's wealthy and his explanations about that are becoming absurd

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/george-santos-claims-sudden-wealth-came-from-selling-used-luxury-goods/ar-AA15Kpl8?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=91abb2ce36c2474cbad23750745212fa
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 28th, 2022 at 2:41:41 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
George Santos is really bad news
He's the guy who totally lied about his resume and got elected
Now we are learning more
He's wealthy and his explanations about that are becoming absurd

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/george-santos-claims-sudden-wealth-came-from-selling-used-luxury-goods/ar-AA15Kpl8?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=91abb2ce36c2474cbad23750745212fa

I hope we get to find out if all that income was reported to the IRS.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 28th, 2022 at 5:59:26 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I used to think Donny was the most prolific liar of our time…. This Santos guy is giving him a run for his money!

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman