In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 31st, 2014 at 7:33:21 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
I'm going to submit a new definition of an existing word at urbandictionary for you.

Libiot- someone who calls everyone a lib. You and Hillary Clinton will have more in common.
Sounds like nickel is angry and has an incurable case of Beethoven on the brain. ;)
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
May 31st, 2014 at 7:53:36 PM permalink
1nickelmiracle
Threads: 24
Quote: Beethoven
Sounds like nickel is angry and has an incurable case of Beethoven on the brain. ;)
No I'm not mad.
May 31st, 2014 at 8:05:51 PM permalink
Beethoven
Quote: 1nickelmiracle
No I'm not mad.

Of course not. ;)
June 1st, 2014 at 11:53:22 AM permalink
Beethoven
What the U.S. Gave Up to Get Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl Back

So now Obama is negotiating with terrorists and giving up 5 Taliban from Gitmo to save a guy who may have very well been a deserter???? *facepalm*

The insanity in this country continues...
June 1st, 2014 at 12:00:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
So now Obama is negotiating with terrorists and giving up 5 Taliban from Gitmo to save a guy who may have very well been a deserter???? *facepalm*

And he broke the law to do it, a law
he signed.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 1st, 2014 at 12:04:23 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
That a prince would marry a woman of 'color' and not a purebred white woman from the UK. It would never happen.

Anne Hyde was permitted to marry the Duke of York in 1660. She gave birth to their first son only 7 weeks later. In British law it only matters if you are married at the time of birth, the time of conception is immaterial. But if you are not married at the time of birth, a later marriage does not make the child legitimate (unlike in Monaco for a time).

Anne Hyde was of uncertain heritage and nothing is known about her extended family (very rare in English history). Although she died too young to ever be Queen, two of her daughters become Queen Regnant (Mary and Anne). A Queen Regnant is a ruling monarch, not one who is married to the monarch (called a Queen Consort).

There is a black princess in Europe. Her husband will probably never be king because there are 4 healthy people in front of him, but his marriage does not pull him out of succession. Their biracial son is 6th in line for the throne.

Princess Angela of Liechtenstein (b. 3 February 1958) and Prince Maximilian of Liechtenstein.

What is interesting is the line of descent from Anne Hyde was broken based on religious bias, for no other reason than her husband became Catholic. Some people assert that the ruling family of Liechtenstein are the rightful heirs to the British throne.
June 1st, 2014 at 3:53:30 PM permalink
Beethoven
Quote: Evenbob
And he broke the law to do it, a law
he signed.
I wouldn't be surprised if the terrorists capture a gay soldier next. Obama would release everyone at Gitmo in response.

It still blows me away that some people actually think this guy is tough on terrorism. *facepalm*
June 1st, 2014 at 5:46:19 PM permalink
Beethoven
Study Finds Medical Pot Farms Draining Streams Dry

This is classic! It would be great to see a death match featuring Environmentalists vs Potheads. lol...

Here's my favorite part of the article:
Quote:
Some drought-stricken rivers and streams in Northern California's coastal forests are being polluted and sucked dry by water-guzzling medical marijuana farms, wildlife officials say - an issue that has spurred at least one county to try to outlaw personal grows.
You gotta love the insanity in the People's Republic of California. These idiots spent all this time legalizing pot only to try to outlaw it again...and for the dumbest reason. LOL!!

*This was accidentally posted in the 'Gun Control' thread, so I moved it here. Sorry.
June 1st, 2014 at 5:52:02 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Here's my favorite part of the article:
Quote:
Some drought-stricken rivers and streams in Northern California's coastal forests are being polluted and sucked dry by water-guzzling medical marijuana farms, wildlife officials say - an issue that has spurred at least one county to try to outlaw personal grows.
You gotta love the insanity in the People's Republic of California. These idiots spent all this time legalizing pot only to try to outlaw it again...and for the dumbest reason. LOL!!

It might be the only way to get potheads to see the problems with too much government.
The President is a fink.
June 1st, 2014 at 9:43:43 PM permalink
Beethoven
The more I learn about this story, the more it infuriates me.
Terror suspects freed by Obama admin. were labeled ‘high risk’ in 2008: report

What a classy tweet.
Sgt. Bergdahl's Father Deletes Disturbing Tweet

EDIT: Something smells awfully fishy about this story. The father has said that he's "not sure whether his son can still speak English". WTF?? How does an adult completely "forget" a language like that?? This guy's full of it!