In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 19th, 2021 at 8:27:24 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
It is probably insurrection using the new definition. Certainly inciting violence.

Quote from Wiki "In criminal law, incitement is the encouragement of another person to commit a crime"

Like Trump to his followers on Jan 6
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 19th, 2021 at 8:52:17 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
UK News Publication Claims Kyle Rittenhouse Shot ‘Three Black Men’

And that was today after the trial ended.

"The Independent falsely claimed that Kyle Rittenhouse “shot three black men with rifle” after he was cleared of two charges of murder, one charge of attempted murder, and two charges of reckless endangerment in Kenosha, Wisconsin."

Because of the false reporting at the beginning of all this last summer people have it in their heads that he shot black people. The media is evil now.

Yeah, no. UK newspaper reports something wrong in the US. No biggie. Maybe read more than one source of news.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 20th, 2021 at 4:23:35 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Just peeked out of my bomb shelter for a second. Are the riots over?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 20th, 2021 at 4:53:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine

"The Independent falsely claimed that Kyle Rittenhouse “shot three black men with rifle” after he was cleared of two charges of murder, one charge of attempted murder, and two charges of reckless endangerment in Kenosha, Wisconsin."

Because of the false reporting at the beginning of all this last summer people have it in their heads that he shot black people. The media is evil now.

Yeah, no. UK newspaper reports something wrong in the US. No biggie. Maybe read more than one source of news.

No biggie? Completely false reporting is "no biggie?" You, sir, are blind to what is going on with the media.
The President is a fink.
November 20th, 2021 at 5:53:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine

No biggie? Completely false reporting is "no biggie?" You, sir, are blind to what is going on with the media.

How many times have either your or EB complained about false reporting from conservative news sites?

I rest my case.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 20th, 2021 at 5:56:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Again, read more than one source of news.
November 20th, 2021 at 6:03:48 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Just peeked out of my bomb shelter for a second. Are the riots over?

Not if you live in Portland apparently. Nothing says I disagree with a verdict more than burning down and looting businesses over 1000 miles away….
November 20th, 2021 at 6:07:22 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO
Not if you live in Portland apparently. Nothing says I disagree with a verdict more than burning down and looting businesses over 1000 miles away….

They probably wanted to get the rioting done before Rittenhouse had time to get there.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 20th, 2021 at 6:16:25 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Mission146
They probably wanted to get the rioting done before Rittenhouse had time to get there.

Touché!!!! Sadly, the law was not equipped to convict him. The moment he shot those guys to me he was acting in self defense. Clearly. Unequivocally. But I’ve thought about what I think is a reasonable analogy. A KKK member in full garb goes to an African American neighborhood and uses a bullhorn to spout racist N word containing diatribes. As he is about to have the shit kicked out of him he takes his concealed firearm and mows down those approaching with violent intent. Assume those approaching all had weapons. The KKK guy was acting in self defense, but I think (and so did the Rittenhouse prosecutors) that the law needs to figure out some crime to convict Mr. KKK guy of.
November 20th, 2021 at 6:23:19 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146

Good one.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman