In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 18th, 2021 at 1:11:13 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
So part of me feels he needs to do a little time for just being a stupid idiot and his stupidity got some people killed. That has to be worth something.

Even if fully acquitted, I have a feeling he'll not be too interested in making any similar decisions anytime soon. He brought more misery on himself in 1 year, than most do in 10 or more.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 18th, 2021 at 1:23:36 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I didn’t watch one second of the trial besides random clips of the judge embarrassing himself that popped into my feed. I was under the impression that this was a slam dunk acquittal. Even the liberal justice nerds on Twitter seemed to agree that he finding him guilty was a stretch. Surprised it’s taking so long.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 18th, 2021 at 3:00:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Even if fully acquitted, I have a feeling he'll not be too interested in making any similar decisions anytime soon. He brought more misery on himself in 1 year, than most do in 10 or more.

He'll never be acquitted of being a moron. What the people he shot were trying to do was take his gun away from him and do god-knows-what with it. They could see he was a fat faced naive teenager and they also were guilty of being morons. This is what happens when too much stupidity gets together. Somebody dies.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 18th, 2021 at 3:15:36 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Evenbob
He'll never be acquitted of being a moron. What the people he shot were trying to do was take his gun away from him and do god-knows-what with it. They could see he was a fat faced naive teenager and they also were guilty of being morons. This is what happens when too much stupidity gets together. Somebody dies.

Agreed
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
November 18th, 2021 at 4:36:17 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
Agreed

I agree
This kid had no business putting himself in a position of making life or death decisions
I think everybody there could see this
He's a kid way way out of his league
This kid is the definition of a dork
The crying on the stand did not surprise me. That's him.
The whole thing turned into a total clusterfuck and thats why he will get off.
Property can be replaced, lives cannot
Really sucked he went there armed.
Its not a trial I care about
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 18th, 2021 at 5:28:07 PM permalink
JCW09
Threads: 12
Rosenbaum shooting is the only one that has a chance of conviction.
Can you shoot an unarmed crazy dude chasing after you having threatened to kill you earlier that night?
Does the story line of what the Child Molester said and his crazy actions that night = Kyle reasonably feared for his life.
Child Molester, 36, listed at 5'4", 150lbs
Kyle, 17, is listed at 5' 4" 132lbs
It isn't a slam dunk case of disparity of force, but Child Molester looked like he worked out a bit more than tubby Kyle.
I bet Rosenbaum would have kicked Kyle's ass given the chance. Then there is a gun in his hands and who knows what.
Guess he learned a lesson, don't be reaching for another man's boom stick!

That being said, this Rosenbaum felon deserved to die.
Any gay boy that forces anal sex on minors between the ages of 9 & 11, should be shot.
It's a different story if you're a 30-something gay man hunting those 18 year-olds that have left home for the first time.
Totally different.

Child Molester was 17 at the time but I am not giving him the benefit of being young & making a mistake.
I know it was only 11 convictions & could happen to anyone, but I still hold him responsible for ruining young lives.
Kyle certainly doesn't get a pass for shooting him because he was 17.
If you are forcing back door sex on children you can physically & mentally dominate,
well I am just sayin' good riddance to this A Hole. Not sure those four .223 rounds could have been used any better.
I bet those raped kids and their parents are feeling a bit of closure with this life ended. I hope it helps them heal.
Def. of Liar - "A Person Who Tells Lies" / "I lied. Deal with it" - ams288
November 19th, 2021 at 5:51:04 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Did Kevin McCarthy give a 8 hour speech while I was sleeping
WTF
Did he get a bathroom break
Maybe not and decided to go poopypants ROTFL
Relax, Republicans that voted against are already touting to their constituents what will be fixed and improved
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 19th, 2021 at 6:29:29 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
Did Kevin McCarthy give a 8 hour speech while I was sleeping
WTF
Did he get a bathroom break
Maybe not and decided to go poopypants ROTFL
Relax, Republicans that voted against are already touting to their constituents what will be fixed and improved

He knows when the GOP takes over the House next year that the crazies will want Gym Jordan as speaker.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 19th, 2021 at 10:18:47 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
It looks like Kyle Rittenhouse is not guilty on all counts.

I think this is the right decision.

I fear some bad behavior will occur this weekend.
November 19th, 2021 at 10:22:41 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Now the Republicans can groom him for the presidency.