In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

July 8th, 2021 at 9:10:37 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Many blacks in America today are demanding reparations for their forefathers having been enslaved.

OK, fair enough, but they're barking up the wrong tree demanding reparations from the white descendants of former slave owners.

You see, the whites didn't enslave the blacks, no sir, no way.

The blacks in Africa were in fact enslaved by other blacks, who in turn sold them to white slavers.

Slavery was very common around the world back then.

However were I in charge I'd offer to give any American black who demands reparations a one way ticket to the African country of their choice, with a caveat that they can never return.

I bet there would be damned few takers.
July 9th, 2021 at 1:50:25 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: missedhervee
Slavery was very common around the world back then.

There are more slaves today, than at any time in history. One in 200 people is a slave.

"40 million slaves in the world, finds new report"
July 9th, 2021 at 5:44:20 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: fleaswatter
What has happened to the FBI??

Biden should fire Chris Wray and appoint someone better to run the FBI.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
July 9th, 2021 at 7:39:01 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: ams288
Biden should fire Chris Wray and appoint someone better to run the FBI.

if you are actually serious about the firing of Chris Wray, I agree with you 100%.
Let's go Brandon
July 9th, 2021 at 7:55:35 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: missedhervee
Many blacks in America today are demanding reparations for their forefathers having been enslaved.

Yawn
Will never ever happen
Just a issue dead on arrival but conservatives like to bring this up to to increase the hate.
The reality is it's much ado about nothing. The support in congress in minuscule. Has as much support as the flat earth society
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 9th, 2021 at 8:20:26 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Yawn
Will never ever happen
Just a issue dead on arrival but conservatives like to bring this up to to increase the hate.
The reality is it's much ado about nothing. The support in congress in minuscule. Has as much support as the flat earth society

So let's cut to the chase. Are you against reparations TP. Yes or No
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
July 9th, 2021 at 8:55:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
So let's cut to the chase. Are you against reparations TP. Yes or No

against
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 9th, 2021 at 9:09:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'm for it, but don't think it's ever going to be workable, except perhaps in very targeted cases. So, it's about like arguing elves on the moon. (not that outrageous perhaps but something less, which I can't think of at the moment)

We're still settling ongoing cases with Native Americans, sometimes in their favor. And that's been going on about as long. One difference, I think they have better records. We pretty much destroyed the family history and relationships of our slave population.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 9th, 2021 at 9:17:21 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
For instance

After 250 years, Native American tribe regains ownership of Big Sur ancestral lands

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/native-american-tribe-big-sur-ancestral-lands-trnd/index.html
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 9th, 2021 at 9:37:58 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
against

Thank you for a clear stance. It would be a bottomless bucket if it is ever decided to make a first payment.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin