In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

July 8th, 2021 at 1:58:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
The bottom line is you can’t fix STUPID. The athlete who has spent the last 5 years of her life preparing for her Olympic moment was aware of the rules regarding cannabis. You might think the rule is bad (I do). You may believe that there is no connection to cannabis as a performance enhancer (agree).

But how freaking STUPID do you have to be to light one up a month before the Olympics?
STUPID.

Who was the NFL running back who decided he would rather smoke his dope than make a couple million a year for a couple more years? Same kind of stupid. Rest of your life to fry your brain.
The President is a fink.
July 8th, 2021 at 2:00:26 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Athletes are human
It's tough when you lose your Mom
Gee, is lighting up to help cope with depression so bad

Ed, of course not! But this is a SPECIFIC and UNIQUE time in an Olympic athlete’s life. I am all for 100% legalization of cannabis. But she knew the rules!

STUPID.

Answering AZ…. Pretty sure that was Ricky Williams.
July 8th, 2021 at 2:01:14 PM permalink
JimRockford
Threads: 2
Quote: AZDuffman
Who was the NFL running back who decided he would rather smoke his dope than make a couple million a year for a couple more years? Same kind of stupid. Rest of your life to fry your brain.

Heisman Trophy winner and world class flake Ricky Williams.
The mind hungers for that on which it feeds.
July 8th, 2021 at 2:18:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: JimRockford
Heisman Trophy winner and world class flake Ricky Williams.

Thanks both of you. I am so awful with names.

Legalization arguments aside, I do not understand why so many people put getting high above their career.
The President is a fink.
July 8th, 2021 at 2:19:15 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
The bottom line is you can’t fix STUPID. The athlete who has spent the last 5 years of her life preparing for her Olympic moment was aware of the rules regarding cannabis. You might think the rule is bad (I do). You may believe that there is no connection to cannabis as a performance enhancer (agree).

But how freaking STUPID do you have to be to light one up a month before the Olympics?
STUPID.

I agree 100%. I don't want that stupid person representing "me".
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
July 8th, 2021 at 3:35:24 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Wells-Fargo just cancelled all personal lines of credit. No warning, no appeal. Just closed. This reminds me of the early days of the 2008 meltdown. First thing to go were HELOC accounts being frozen.

Back then we had a capital shortage this time we are awash in capital so I am not sure their thinking, but you heard it from AZD to start watching.
The President is a fink.
July 8th, 2021 at 3:36:35 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

STUPID.

I 100% agree. There are many things that I think should be legal, and if they were legal I would probably use them occasionally (like alcohol).

However, when you are in positions when you are drug tested regularly and you can throw away everything that you have worked for, to experience something that is probably not even (I would imagine) that enjoyable compared to alcohol..... If you want to be an athlete, or work somewhere that drug tests don't smoke pot, it stays in your system for a long time (much longer than more harmful drugs), it may not be fair, but its reality....

Same thing with driving, lots of driving laws and certain speed limits on certain streets that I think are unfair, but if you have a job that regularly checks your MVR, don't be stupid and get driving tickets....

I also don't really care about professional sports (yes I know Olympics are technically amateurism etc.... same concept), so I don't care that much about policies for various leagues and teams. But, if you are working your whole life to be a member of whatever organization, don't be stupid and do something illegal (especially something illegal that they care about).

From my understanding Olympics also require a rigorous background check (for every country that you have lived in or have been connected with, as well as every locality that you have ever lived in within the U.S., MVR from States that you have been licensed in, in addition to the standard National Background checks) where almost any crime can be held against you, so just don't commit crimes. Apparently even two traffic tickets in a 24 month period and charges like "animal neglect" can disqualify you (I just looked up the standards). Its actually pretty intense apparently , far more stringent than some high security clearance gov jobs or most corporate jobs.... I guess the rationale is since you need to be able to travel around the world they want to be sure that you are totally clean and there is nothing any country can hold against you (and also the typical "role model for young people" stuff....) So, don't do drugs, commit crimes, or drive stupid if you want to try out for Team USA.

Here is a summary:
Full Background Checks. All full background check screens will include at least the
following search components (and as may be required by USOPC in the future):
1. Social Security Number validation;1
2. Name and address history records;
3. Two independent Multi-Jurisdictional Criminal Database searches covering 50 states plus
DC, Guam, and Puerto Rico;
4. Federal District Courts search for each name used and district where the individual
currently lives or has lived during the past seven years, going back the length of time
records are available and reportable;
5. County Criminal Records for each name used and county where the individual currently
lives or has lived during the past seven years, going back the length of time records are
available and reportable for each county searched;
6. Two Sex Offender Registry database searches of all available states, plus DC, Guam, and
Puerto Rico;
7. Multiple National Watch Lists;
8. SafeSport Disciplinary Records;2
9. Comprehensive International Records search for individuals who have lived outside of the
United States for six consecutive months in any one country, during the past seven years;
10. Motor Vehicle Records of at least a 3-year history in the state of licensure; (if driving is
required for position);
11. Professional License/Certification Verification for certain medical roles.4

(This is the Judo background check, every sport appears slightly different, though the major points are the same).
July 8th, 2021 at 3:51:06 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
What has happened to the FBI??

FBI Seized ‘Fully Constructed U.S. Capitol Lego Set’ from Alleged Capitol Rioter

Quote:
The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) seized a “fully constructed U.S. Capitol Lego set” from the home of a man facing charges in connection with the riot at the Capitol on January 6, according to a court filing last week.

Let's go Brandon
July 8th, 2021 at 4:25:43 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
"Freedom is just another word, for nothing left to lose."
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 8th, 2021 at 5:50:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Avenatti. Now there's a guy who wasted both his skills and opportunity to be a criminal instead. He had certainly gained enough prominence to establish a profitable career. He might have run for office or even had his own TV show, if not a regular commentator. Now he has 2.5 years to serve and two more trials to go.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?