Thread Rating:

March 15th, 2021 at 1:07:48 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: terapined
Because
What happened Jan 6 is so shocking and beyond belief
A sitting President ordering his followers to attack the Capital of the United States of America just because he is the ultimate sore loser
You just cant predict a President ordering treason on a large scale

Trump didn't order anyone to attack anything.

OG, I only took umbrage with, "Horrible," because I don't think it was horrible. As we can see, it's ultimately no big deal. Biden is President, no legitimate threat to the U.S.A. ever transpired, life goes on.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 15th, 2021 at 1:08:33 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Mooseton
Good reply! If only you were in charge.

Probably the only good decision I'd ever make. I'd give this country about three months to exist if I were in charge...I'd find some way to massively screw up something major.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 15th, 2021 at 1:10:30 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Well, we just don't handle these sorts of things the right way. Much like I said about that, "Autonomous Zone," in Seattle, we should have sent them into the Capitol Building at a particular time and just killed everyone who wasn't supposed to be in there. Problem solved, example made.

So you would have them clip AOC if she was there?
The President is a fink.
March 15th, 2021 at 1:23:15 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Tripdufan
You can't just go around repeating things that aren't true. Eventually it catches up, like it did on that day, in a "horrible" way.
I said the things I know are true, like what I saw on live TV, in a declarative way. The things I'm not so sure of I put in a different way without the arrogance of claiming "I know".

Now, it is true that conspiracy theories are spread in the second way, it's a technique, yes. But I don't think what I said went to that level. I do feel "the narrative" has quite a few omissions and does paint what happened as something it was not. You can buy it wholesale if you like, but I refer you back to the DC Beltway Snipers
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 15th, 2021 at 1:58:08 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Well, we just don't handle these sorts of things the right way. Much like I said about that, "Autonomous Zone," in Seattle, we should have sent them into the Capitol Building at a particular time and just killed everyone who wasn't supposed to be in there. Problem solved, example made.

So you would have them clip AOC if she was there?

Why wasn’t AOC supposed to be in the Capitol Building in your mind?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 17th, 2021 at 6:13:02 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Who was it citing majority African-American violence against Asians?

I'm sure getting tired of all of this African-American violence against Asians:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-shootings-georgia-spas-suspect-custody/story?id=76499529

Oh, wait...

That's not even what that CBS video said anyway.
March 17th, 2021 at 7:50:03 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Who was it citing majority African-American violence against Asians?

I'm sure getting tired of all of this African-American violence against Asians:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/dead-shootings-georgia-spas-suspect-custody/story?id=76499529

Oh, wait...

That's not even what that CBS video said anyway.

Political calculation by Fox and the right
Trump was on Fox last night using "China virus"
Its red meat for their audience
That's whats important for right wingers
The resulting hatred towards Chinese Americans is just ignored.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 17th, 2021 at 8:19:46 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
May not have been as racially motivated as it first appeared:

Quote:
Cherokee County Sheriff’s Office Capt. Jay Baker on Atlanta shooting suspect:

“He apparently has an issue, what he considers a sex addiction … it’s a temptation for him that he wanted to eliminate.”
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 17th, 2021 at 8:25:38 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: terapined
Political calculation by Fox and the right
Trump was on Fox last night using "China virus"
Its red meat for their audience
That's whats important for right wingers
The resulting hatred towards Chinese Americans is just ignored.

Well, that's also kind of a problem.

It's really as simple as this: People who commit violent crimes are violent criminals.

People who commit violent crimes that are, in any way, motivated by race have committed a violent hate crime.

Being concerned with the proportions of people to commit violent hate crimes, whether that concern extends to race, political or religious beliefs (as much as I loathe to add the last one) is detrimental as it just breeds further animosity between groups and cements what views of other groups some people might already have.

So, someone either commits a violent crime or they do not. We should all be able to just agree that nobody should commit violent crimes and leave it at that. Anything beyond that very simple concurrence is unproductive.
March 17th, 2021 at 8:27:15 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: ams288
May not have been as racially motivated as it first appeared:

That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. Sounds like a built-in attempt at an insanity defense.