In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 14th, 2021 at 11:39:49 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: terapined re: my comment "The "attack" on the Capitol is not what it is portrayed to be"
WTF
I watched actual videos of Trumper protestors attacking the police
Its not a portrayal. Should I post videos
Of course it did me no good to qualify my remark. But I can expand on that [at the risk of being partially quoted] in order to clarify.

If it was anything more than a protest that got out of hand, it was sure badly planned. No guns were found on anybody. Nobody set any fires, a fave thing with leftist rioters. As soon as it became clear substantial force was arriving, people left, it was pretty much over. [Refer to the rest of what I already wrote, getting scolded for using the word 'horrible', to see what I thought of it overall]. Much of what the crowd did was similar to what goes on when students take over an administration building. They stupidly allowed themselves to be photographed, apparently expecting leniency as protestors. I saw with my own eyes live coverage that showed perhaps the bulk of them wandering around the large area under the dome of the capitol gawking at statues, taking pictures and selfies, behaving like tourists, etc. That footage has never been shown again from what I can tell. It fits the narrative better to portray what happened as pure riot, there's a narrative that must be developed.

Yeah, the footage of violent moments is quite available. There was definitely a phalanx of rioters that led the way in. It's the composition of those people I question. They were hiding their identity from what I can see and I'm not sure how many of those got caught, they vamoosed. Yes I believe... I know... some of them were wacko elements within the Trump supporters. Their derangement helped them stick around and get caught. Some of them were simply right-wing nuts, and some of these planned what they were going to do for weeks. You do have to wonder what it was they planned to do, since almost nothing happened outside of dumb stuff like ripping off mementos. And I say it is likely ... using the word likely here, as I did before ... likely that some were Antifa.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 14th, 2021 at 12:04:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: odiousgambit
..... No guns were found on anybody.
That is a remarkable fact. If the capitol protesters intended to "take over" they would have armed themselves. It is a pity that the msm "news" has ceased reporting, and spends nearly all their presence propagandizing.

Very good post OG.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 14th, 2021 at 12:29:03 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: petroglyph
That is a remarkable fact. If the capitol protesters intended to "take over" they would have armed themselves. It is a pity that the msm "news" has ceased reporting, and spends nearly all their presence propagandizing.

Very good post OG.
We don't have a 'thank you' button, but thanks!
March 14th, 2021 at 1:21:41 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: terapined
BS
Biggest fake news story of the year
Lets blame Antifa for the Trumpers riot. ROTFL

Yeah, it’s pretty sad they can’t accept blame for the violence and destruction their side caused. Always trying to scapegoat ANTIFA.

Quote:
”It's not antifa — it's MAGA," Kevin McCarthy told Trump, according to two Axios sources. "I know. I was there."
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 14th, 2021 at 1:57:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Of course it did me no good to qualify my remark. But I can expand on that [at the risk of being partially quoted] in order to clarify.

If it was anything more than a protest that got out of hand, it was sure badly planned. No guns were found on anybody. Nobody set any fires, a fave thing with leftist rioters. As soon as it became clear substantial force was arriving, people left, it was pretty much over. [Refer to the rest of what I already wrote, getting scolded for using the word 'horrible', to see what I thought of it overall]. Much of what the crowd did was similar to what goes on when students take over an administration building. They stupidly allowed themselves to be photographed, apparently expecting leniency as protestors. I saw with my own eyes live coverage that showed perhaps the bulk of them wandering around the large area under the dome of the capitol gawking at statues, taking pictures and selfies, behaving like tourists, etc. That footage has never been shown again from what I can tell. It fits the narrative better to portray what happened as pure riot, there's a narrative that must be developed.

Yeah, the footage of violent moments is quite available. There was definitely a phalanx of rioters that led the way in. It's the composition of those people I question. They were hiding their identity from what I can see and I'm not sure how many of those got caught, they vamoosed. Yes I believe... I know... some of them were wacko elements within the Trump supporters. Their derangement helped them stick around and get caught. Some of them were simply right-wing nuts, and some of these planned what they were going to do for weeks. You do have to wonder what it was they planned to do, since almost nothing happened outside of dumb stuff like ripping off mementos. And I say it is likely ... using the word likely here, as I did before ... likely that some were Antifa.

Remember OJ’s Simpson’s badly planned robbery? It doesn’t get you off the hook if all the elements are met. You need at least two people to have a conspiracy. You need a record of someone talking about storming the Capitol, or hanging Mike Pence. Then you tie it to some actual violence which is more the cherry on top. You could actually convict someone in the planning stage if you can document them doing things in accordance with the plan.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 14th, 2021 at 2:09:07 PM permalink
rxwine
OG, I think the other thing you’re missing is some or many of these people thought Trump was going to appear and take charge. Some thought the Capitol police would see the light and join them. There would be no need to risk a firefight.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 14th, 2021 at 3:28:35 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: rxwine
OG, I think the other thing you’re missing is some or many of these people thought Trump was going to appear and take charge. Some thought the Capitol police would see the light and join them. There would be no need to risk a firefight.
I have to think for the most part very few were ready to go as far as a firefight no matter what. Which means Pelosi and company are full of it.
March 14th, 2021 at 3:47:50 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine

Many Dems also believe that Biden is a good president. There is nothing that you can do about people that believe foolish things.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 14th, 2021 at 4:30:55 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I have to think for the most part very few were ready to go as far as a firefight no matter what. Which means Pelosi and company are full of it.

They weren’t willing to get into a firefight, but they set up a noose and were chanting “hang Mike Pence.”

Guess that makes it non-violent.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 14th, 2021 at 4:55:30 PM permalink
rxwine

Eh, well, I've gotten used to hearing a whole lot of leftist protestors labeled as terrorists at any event where some violence happened regardless of whether they all did something violent.

Welcome to the flipside.