In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 25th, 2020 at 8:35:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
There were some unconfirmed reports that for awhile there were widespread outages in the 911 emergency system across the state or even outside it. Now of course knocking out communication systems is a common target for some kind of greater attack.

Or some are speculating the mostly windowless AT&T building was a front for a covert government operation.

No evidence for any of this.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 26th, 2020 at 4:45:47 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit
you don't want to go outside and gawk like the people in the video, if it is a dirty bomb it's a big mistake

Dirty bombs basically do not exist. Any material bad enough to hurt you would kill the bomb maker before he could assemble it.
The President is a fink.
December 26th, 2020 at 5:40:00 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: AZDuffman
Dirty bombs basically do not exist. Any material bad enough to hurt you would kill the bomb maker before he could assemble it.
And there's no such thing as suicide bombers either. /s
December 26th, 2020 at 5:47:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: OnceDear
And there's no such thing as suicide bombers either. /s

Sure there are. Lots of nuts willing to do that.
The President is a fink.
December 26th, 2020 at 5:56:50 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Sure there are. Lots of nuts willing to do that.

You missed the /s
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 26th, 2020 at 6:06:03 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Cuomo staffer smashed over her head with a cinder block. No word on whether her attacker has been released yet under the no bail law. Under NY law, if she presses charges, she is required to provide him with her name, address and phone number.
December 26th, 2020 at 6:33:11 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
For some reason they seem to be more theory than fact, I'll give you that.

I somehow doubt the reason is the one you give. I just think some bomb maker somewhere would be willing to expose himself to harm, with immediate death quite avoidable. And imagine if the bomb just had a marginal amount of radioactivity? the US would spend a fortune cleaning it up in complete panic.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
December 26th, 2020 at 7:33:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: odiousgambit
For some reason they seem to be more theory than fact, I'll give you that.

I somehow doubt the reason is the one you give. I just think some bomb maker somewhere would be willing to expose himself to harm, with immediate death quite avoidable. And imagine if the bomb just had a marginal amount of radioactivity? the US would spend a fortune cleaning it up in complete panic.

The spending a fortune yes, that would happen. I have heard of companies having to re-photocopy entire banks of files because some woman complained of something marrginal so they made them do it "just in case."

But seriously, a dirty bomb supposedly scatters radioactive bits all over to make people sick. Now, for dispersed bits to make people sick they have to be very high in radioactivity. I keep looking for plutonium in my corner store and they are always out of stock. So even getting the stuff is not easy. Then you have to transport it to a staging area. Then store it until you have enough as it will take many loads. Building a bomb takes time.

Quite simply, if it is that radioactive to cause danger as a dirty bomb it will kill the bombmaker and show up in satellite scans. Or if in a neighborhood the neighbors are going to be getting sick as well.

It is more movie than real.
The President is a fink.
December 26th, 2020 at 9:38:25 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I have heard that are rumors that the AT&T building was thought to house something to do with voting machines in some conspiracy circles. So its possible that somebody grasped onto that and made some kind of political conspiracy attack.

Also, there is the possibility that it was meant to cause disruption in the phone network (which it did, with even some 911 lines down).

Also, the fact that it was on Christmas could mean something either religious or simply a day they know very few people would be at work to quickly respond.
December 26th, 2020 at 12:03:17 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Gandler
I have heard that are rumors that the AT&T building was thought to house something to do with voting machines in some conspiracy circles. So its possible that somebody grasped onto that and made some kind of political conspiracy attack.

Also, there is the possibility that it was meant to cause disruption in the phone network (which it did, with even some 911 lines down).

Also, the fact that it was on Christmas could mean something either religious or simply a day they know very few people would be at work to quickly respond.

When I first heard about the bombing my first suspicion was white supremacist, my second was crazy QAnon person (those options are not mutually exclusive). Didn’t seem like an Islamic terrorist incident. And anyone trying to pin it on “antifa” is not paying attention.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman