In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

April 8th, 2015 at 5:59:44 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
That video of the cop shooting the black guy in the back, so chilling.
Without the video, it was obviously murder, guy shot in the back mutiple times, shell casings at least 30 feet from the victim.
The person that shot the video did not release it immediately.
He spoke to the family, showed the video to the family and then convinced the family to wait to see how the police report represented the facts of the case.
Of course the police report was a total fabrication.
Then the video was released.
The guy that shot the video immediately went into hiding. I would be scared to death also. Really sad he is scared to death, but thats the reality we live in.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 8th, 2015 at 7:20:54 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
In can happen in large cities too, particularly at the edges of various police districts.
Often by the time they turn the corpse over there are four knives and three pistols under it.
April 8th, 2015 at 3:45:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: terapined
That video of the cop shooting the black guy in the back, so chilling.
Without the video, it was obviously murder, guy shot in the back mutiple times, shell casings at least 30 feet from the victim.
The person that shot the video did not release it immediately.
He spoke to the family, showed the video to the family and then convinced the family to wait to see how the police report represented the facts of the case.
Of course the police report was a total fabrication.
Then the video was released.
The guy that shot the video immediately went into hiding. I would be scared to death also. Really sad he is scared to death, but thats the reality we live in.

Just saw that. Well, if a defense attorney can get that cop off, he or she will have to be fantastic at what they do.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 9th, 2015 at 5:48:39 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: rxwine
Just saw that. Well, if a defense attorney can get that cop off, he or she will have to be fantastic at what they do.

His lawyer will be working to get it knocked down to manslaughter from murder.

The civil jury will hear about the prior incidents, negligent hiring and retention, etc.
April 9th, 2015 at 7:01:01 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
His lawyer will be working to get it knocked down to manslaughter from murder.

The civil jury will hear about the prior incidents, negligent hiring and retention, etc.

I believe Murder-1 you have to show premeditation. I am waiting to hear about the background of the guy shot. He went for the Taser which is not something someone not used to being around cops does. Could be a "charge murder-1 *wink wink* but nothing else" then as a matter of law the jury decides it does not rise to murder-1.
The President is a fink.
April 9th, 2015 at 8:27:45 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
I believe Murder-1 you have to show premeditation. I am waiting to hear about the background of the guy shot. He went for the Taser which is not something someone not used to being around cops does. Could be a "charge murder-1 *wink wink* but nothing else" then as a matter of law the jury decides it does not rise to murder-1.

Raising a gun and aiming and shooting 6 shots into the back is murder 1
Manslaughter is killing somebody with no intention such as driving drunk and killing. Your actions led to a death but you had no intention of killing.
6 shots in the back after aiming, murder 1
Premidation can simply be a thought of I am going to kill you, aim and fire pulling the trigger mutiple times.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 9th, 2015 at 8:35:10 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined
Raising a gun and aiming and shooting 6 shots into the back is murder 1
Manslaughter is killing somebody with no intention such as driving drunk and killing. Your actions led to a death but you had no intention of killing.
6 shots in the back after aiming, murder 1
Premidation can simply be a thought of I am going to kill you, aim and fire pulling the trigger mutiple times.

I still will wait for more investigation to come out before forming an opinion. This country has a history of jumping to the wrong conclusion on this kind of thing lately. Actually for 25+ years now.
The President is a fink.
April 9th, 2015 at 9:24:37 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: AZDuffman
I still will wait for more investigation to come out before forming an opinion. This country has a history of jumping to the wrong conclusion on this kind of thing lately. Actually for 25+ years now.

I won't. There isn't a chance in hell this is 1st degree. That's saved for planned murders. I think it also extends to the "protected class" such as police, firefighters, judges, etc, and egregious cases such as torture. Only if they found a manifesto where this guy proclaimed he was gonna shoot up a bunch of blacks could it possibly rise to 1st.

He'll hang, for sure. I haven't seen or heard of what happened before the famous video, but the dude looked half a cripple who was running, very slowly, away. And with the current climate, he'll be made an example of.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 9th, 2015 at 9:50:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Face
I won't. There isn't a chance in hell this is 1st degree. That's saved for planned murders. I think it also extends to the "protected class" such as police, firefighters, judges, etc, and egregious cases such as torture. Only if they found a manifesto where this guy proclaimed he was gonna shoot up a bunch of blacks could it possibly rise to 1st.

He'll hang, for sure. I haven't seen or heard of what happened before the famous video, but the dude looked half a cripple who was running, very slowly, away. And with the current climate, he'll be made an example of.

My two biggest questions if I was the investigator:

1. Why was the guy out of the car for a simple traffic stop?
2. Why did he try to grab the taser?

A cop just trying to shoot someone in broad daylight in this day and age of cameras everywhere and several other cops around, to just shoot a guy with all of that makes no sense on the surface.

I do agree with you on the 1st degree thing. Doesn't rise to premeditated unless they find what you said.
The President is a fink.
April 9th, 2015 at 11:42:46 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Premeditation can be but a moment.
Spoliation of evidence can show guilty knowledge or simply fear of misinterpretation.
It really doesn't matter if the guy was drunk or not.

At most the guy is running away with one taser lead still attached to him. That is property theft and we do not defend property with bullets. Time for a foot chase or another day.