In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 16th, 2020 at 8:13:15 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
pedophilia [pe″do-fil´e-ah]
a paraphilia in which an adult desires or engages in sexual relations with a child; it may be either homosexual or heterosexual in nature. adj., adj pedophil´ic.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 16th, 2020 at 8:24:52 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
You mean like "homosexual" meaning prefers sex with their own sex not the opposite sex?

It has already been explained to you that pedophiles are more concerned with opportunity than they are with gender. It's all a sexual attraction to children anyway.

Anyway, a relationship is a thing that happens consensually. Therefore, pedophilia is not a relationship. If you want to hold to the personal view that everyone male adult who commits pedophilia against a boy must be a homosexual; you can have that view. But, the fact is, in any consenting relationship, they would express heterosexually. They're attracted to adult women, get married, etc. etc.

Do you think there's a difference in attractiveness, as a straight adult man, between nine year old boys and nine year old girls? I don't. None of them are attractive at all because they're little kids who do not register sexually with me regardless of gender.

That aspect of it is basically the same way with most pedophiles, except the difference is where you and I would not be sexually attracted to children at all; most pedophiles are more-or-less equally likely to be sexually attracted to either gender of child. The gender doesn't seem to make a difference, in most cases.

Anyway, they get into these groups and gain trust with (usually other) parents in order to create the opportunity. They might not even strictly premeditate to do it in the early stages of it, but I imagine they sometimes do. Like, as much as I hate organized religion, I don't think the priests (for one example) do everything that needs done to become a priest with the long goal of touching altar boys.

For my part, I don't let my kids participate in any such kinds of groups unless either myself or my ex-wife are personally present at all applicable times. Kind of a shame you can't even trust people not to sexually touch your kids or have your kids sexually touch them, but there you have it. And they sure as hell aren't setting foot in a church unless I am physically present at the time, or they are sixteen, whichever is the case.

I guess my son does sleepovers at places, even though I'm personally opposed. My ex-wife can also conduct sleepovers if she likes, but there sure aren't going to be any kids who don't belong to me even so much as setting foot into my place. And when I say, "Kids," I mean nobody under the age of eighteen sets foot in my place, ever.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 16th, 2020 at 8:25:59 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Dalex64
pedophilia [pe″do-fil´e-ah]
a paraphilia in which an adult desires or engages in sexual relations with a child; it may be either homosexual or heterosexual in nature. adj., adj pedophil´ic.

Right, but for clinical diagnosis purposes, the gender of the victim is irrelevant and the perpetrator might otherwise---in actuality---be straight, even if the victim is same sex.

To clarify, I'm not saying zero man-on-boy pedophiles are homosexuals. Some of them certainly are.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 16th, 2020 at 8:35:01 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Mission146

I guess my son does sleepovers at places, even though I'm personally opposed. My ex-wife can also conduct sleepovers if she likes, but there sure aren't going to be any kids who don't belong to me even so much as setting foot into my place. And when I say, "Kids," I mean nobody under the age of eighteen sets foot in my place, ever.

I understand your concern but are you saying your son can not have a friend in your house to play video games or other kid activities?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 16th, 2020 at 8:36:03 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: DRich
I understand your concern but are you saying your son can not have a friend in your house to play video games or other kid activities?

That is correct, unless the kid's parent also wants to come simultaneously.

Usually parents do not want to do this, which is fine, because I don't want to interact with them, either.
June 16th, 2020 at 8:49:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
It has already been explained to you that pedophiles are more concerned with opportunity than they are with gender. It's all a sexual attraction to children anyway.

And I have explained as many times that there is a difference between "children" and "youths." The gay males go after youth males. A 15 year old is a youth, not a "child."

You are falling for the trap of calling them "children" until the eve before they turn 18.
The President is a fink.
June 16th, 2020 at 8:51:49 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
And I have explained as many times that there is a difference between "children" and "youths." The gay males go after youth males. A 15 year old is a youth, not a "child."

You are falling for the trap of calling them "children" until the eve before they turn 18.

Am I? I'm not opposed to how you are defining, "Youths," and nor am I opposed to you saying those who target them are either homosexual or, at least, bisexual.

EDIT-ADDED: Also, right or wrong, generally speaking---people who go after fifteen year olds who have exhibited sexual traits are not clinically necessarily considered pedophiles.

Pedophilia---Straight up children.

Hebephilia---Attraction to pubescent children who are in early adolescence.

Ephebophilia---(What you're talking about) Primary sexual interest in later adolescents, which in some states, and in certain cases, would be a legal relationship vis-a-vis age of consent laws.
June 16th, 2020 at 8:53:07 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
That is correct, unless the kid's parent also wants to come simultaneously.

Usually parents do not want to do this, which is fine, because I don't want to interact with them, either.

I also want to point out that I'm not a hypocrite on this one. I don't have any unrelated visitors of my own when my kids are present.
June 16th, 2020 at 9:25:43 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Gandler
Quote: Gandler

I am an Eagle Scout and well aware of the incidents.

The vast majority were straight they were married with kids (hence why they were scoutmasters)......

Random gay men with no children don't randomly apply to be Scoutmasters.... Generally Scoutmasters in a troop have kids in that troop.... There are some exceptions where people stay after their kids leave and just continue to do it, but generally that is the case....

Also, all of these historic incidents occurred when BSA has a No-Gay policy.... So even if your hypothesis was correct (its not) a No-Gay policy does nothing to decrease the level of pedophiles. It goes back to what I said, most pedophiles are straight, and opportunistic, they took advantage of boys because they were easy targets when they were alone....

Don't the Boy Scouts have some, "Belief in God," requirement and aren't many of them tied to local churches in one way or another? Just curious.

Yes, atheists are not allowed.

However, it was never an issue in my troop (very liberal area).

I never remeber anything religion related (other than our primary meeting place being a church).

The Mormins actually became heavy Funders of BSA in the late 70s, and in return they required BSA ban gays and ban atheists.

The Mormons stopped their funding a couple years ago (one of many reason BSA is bankrupt).

Isn't belief in God part of the oath? It was in the Cub Scouts.

Yes.

"On my honor, I will do my best 
To do my duty to God and my country and to obey the Scout Law; 
To help other people at all times; 
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake and morally straight."
June 16th, 2020 at 9:56:35 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
The evidence is that they are a male trying to have sex with another male. That is the definition of homosexual/gay.

Yup.

I
Quote:
s there something special that happens biologically between age 17 and age 18?

18 is the age when a male's desirability
in the Gay community goes down by 80%.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.