In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 15th, 2020 at 2:00:26 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
"Hertz Global Holdings warned potential buyers in its common stock offering that it’s almost certain that the equity will become worthless.

Hertz said in a government filing Monday that it would sell up to $500 million in common stock. In that very same filing, the company said those shares won’t be worth anything unless those with higher priority in a bankruptcy, such as the company’s debtholders, are paid in full. And that, the company said, would only happen if there is an astounding change in the progress of Covid-19 and a significant turnaround in travel trends."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/15/hertz-says-it-expects-stockholders-to-lose-all-their-money-in-filing-for-selling-more-stock.html

This is quite the, apparently legal, scam. They supposedly got approval from a bankruptcy judge to sell something they think is worth $0 for up to $1 billion.

I know the Barstool guy was in the stock for some dough, but he got out. They are saying "retail traders" are still buying the stock.
June 15th, 2020 at 2:28:10 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Tin foil hat conspiracy theory. MAGA

Reality actually. No money in 70 year old drugs no matter that they are shown to work.
The President is a fink.
June 15th, 2020 at 2:31:01 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC

I know the Barstool guy was in the stock for some dough, but he got out. They are saying "retail traders" are still buying the stock.

It has been active and some have made money on the dead-cat, short covering bounce. Very risky game.
The President is a fink.
June 15th, 2020 at 2:47:32 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
The question is were they fired for "being gay" or were they fired for acting like a flaming idiot and disrupting business? There is quite a difference.

It was pretty clear for the GA case he was fired for being gay.

Shortly after his employer discovered he was a member of a gay softball club he was fired.

Very highly awarded and praised worker, until he joined a public group where people saw his orientation. From everything I can find, he never brought it up in work, and until people saw him join the softball team (outside of work hours) most assumed he was straight..... So no, nothing to do with talking about sex or behaving flamboyantly at work.

Many people here seem to have the Hollywood perception of gay people (flamboyant, loud, pitched-voices dramatic, etc...). The majority of gay men, you would never know unless you knew them personally.... You probably have been working with some gay men your whole life and never noticed.... Its a false stereotype...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/15/us/gay-transgender-workers-supreme-court.html
"The first case was filed by Gerald Bostock, a gay man who was fired from a government program that helped neglected and abused children in Clayton County, Ga., just south of Atlanta, after he joined a gay softball league."
June 15th, 2020 at 3:38:30 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: RonC
"Hertz Global Holdings warned potential buyers in its common stock offering that it’s almost certain that the equity will become worthless.

Hertz said in a government filing Monday that it would sell up to $500 million in common stock. In that very same filing, the company said those shares won’t be worth anything unless those with higher priority in a bankruptcy, such as the company’s debtholders, are paid in full. And that, the company said, would only happen if there is an astounding change in the progress of Covid-19 and a significant turnaround in travel trends."

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/15/hertz-says-it-expects-stockholders-to-lose-all-their-money-in-filing-for-selling-more-stock.html

This is quite the, apparently legal, scam. They supposedly got approval from a bankruptcy judge to sell something they think is worth $0 for up to $1 billion.

Max Keiser and Stacy Herbert @MaxKeiserRT did a good explanation on this, I believe last Thurs. IIANM?

The way I understood it was, gen boomer traders, and older, maybe millenials, used fundamental analysis to decide which stocks to trade or buy and hold? Today's traders, gen x&Z use aps. They trade on their phones, and aren't buying the old bullcrap put out by the likes of Warren Buffet. There really isn't advancement [presently] in equity's, that aren't being purchased by the fed, if the fed wasn't putting a trillion per month into the 'market' it would crash.

Smart traders, hedge funds, vc's have all wised up to this fact. They only need to stay seconds ahead of the fed's 'infusions' to make profits, It has nothing to do whether or not Hertz has equity. Yes they filed bankruptcy, and the rules say debtholders will be paid before stockholders, but if you can buy and sell Hertz at a profit, no one cares if Hertz is valueless, it only matters if you can make good trades. [or as Wizard said, it only matters if you made a good bet]

Today's retail traders are outshining Goldman Sachs by threefold playing or betting in a virtual market. It is very little difference between buying stocks in a virtual market, than putting money in slot machines. But one is legal in all 50 states, although the underlying asset has zero or sub zero value. Crazy times.

He also explains that, today's generation the x&z traders, are more digitally literate and are more comfortable buying and using bitcoin. Understanding the sovereignty of using a completely digital currency created for exactly the fraud that is going on with our Federal Reserve currently. Last I saw, bitcoin was trading at around 9700, a completely virtual money, created with keystrokes and ingenuity.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 15th, 2020 at 4:00:11 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Gandler

Many people here seem to have the Hollywood perception of gay people (flamboyant, loud, pitched-voices dramatic, etc...). The majority of gay men, you would never know unless you knew them personally.... You probably have been working with some gay men your whole life and never noticed.... Its a false stereotype...

I agree
Most are low key
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 15th, 2020 at 4:05:39 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: ams288
Bad day for bigots:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Supreme Court rules gay and lesbian people can sue for workplace bias under landmark civil rights law.

Interesting split: Roberts and Gorsuch joined the four liberals.

It's probably the biggest day for transgenders. Their progress on rights lags behind others I believe and is even a harder slog for general acceptance.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 15th, 2020 at 4:29:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Reality actually. No money in 70 year old drugs no matter that they are shown to work.

I take a drug for gout that
was discovered 95 years ago.
It works so well nobody saw
a need to make a better drug.

Until recently. A big pharm
company has a new gout drug
that is 10 time more expensive,
has a lot of side effects, and
doesn't work any better than
the old one. My doctor tried
pushing it on me a few years ago
because he probably gets a
kickback.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 15th, 2020 at 4:42:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: Evenbob
I take a drug for gout that
was discovered 95 years ago.
It works so well nobody saw
a need to make a better drug.

Until recently. A big pharm
company has a new gout drug
that is 10 time more expensive,
has a lot of side effects, and
doesn't work any better than
the old one. My doctor tried
pushing it on me a few years ago
because he probably gets a
kickback.

Unless he lied to you, there's nothing suspicious going on. Even if he did lie to you, it doesn't necessarily implicate anyone else.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 15th, 2020 at 9:04:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Unless he lied to you, there's nothing suspicious going on.

I said to him why on earth would
I stop taking a drug that works
perfectly fine and start a new
drug that costs 10 times as much
and does the same thing. He just
shrugged and moved on. He's
a shill for big pharm, he even had
free samples to give me.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.