In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 13th, 2020 at 2:13:00 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Dalex64
More "mainstream media" lies

"Fox News removed photos accompanying its coverage of Seattle’s demonstrations from its website after acknowledging that one showing a man armed with a rifle was a combination of several different photos and another was from a different city." - NYTimes

If it’s a video or comes with more than one image for every 500 words, then it’s probably not news. I think both sides need to quit comparing Current Events Entertainment/Fantasy v. Current Events Entertainment/Fantasy as though there’s any real difference.

It would be like if a friend and I each read two, “Alternate History,” books in which Nazi Germany wins and then get into a heated argument over which one is closer to the truth. The only difference with TV media talk is half of the participants don’t even read both books.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 13th, 2020 at 3:16:58 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
ZeroHedge permanently banned from Twitter for smearing a Chinese scientist by claiming he created the coronavirus and then posting his personal information.....
NSFW
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/twitter-reinstates-zerohedge-after-admitting-it-made-error

"Twitter fabricated an entirely different explanation for its decision when speaking to outside media, telling them the suspension was due to "platform manipulation" - whatever that means.

An odd mix of conflicting explanations but in any case, neither was true as we said at the time, and as we further told Bloomberg, the suspension was "unjustified, and likely motivated by reasons other than the stated ones" adding that "we are confident that we did not violate any of the stated Twitter terms: we neither incited harassment, nor did we ‘dox’ the public official, whose contact information is as of this moment listed on the Wuhan institute’s website."

Fast forward to late Friday night, when unexpectedly we received a brief email from Twitter Support informing us that "we made an error in our enforcement action" as a result of which "we have unsuspended your account."

my bold
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 13th, 2020 at 3:40:21 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
NSFW
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/twitter-reinstates-zerohedge-after-admitting-it-made-error

"Twitter fabricated an entirely different explanation for its decision when speaking to outside media, telling them the suspension was due to "platform manipulation" - whatever that means.

An odd mix of conflicting explanations but in any case, neither was true as we said at the time, and as we further told Bloomberg, the suspension was "unjustified, and likely motivated by reasons other than the stated ones" adding that "we are confident that we did not violate any of the stated Twitter terms: we neither incited harassment, nor did we ‘dox’ the public official, whose contact information is as of this moment listed on the Wuhan institute’s website."

Fast forward to late Friday night, when unexpectedly we received a brief email from Twitter Support informing us that "we made an error in our enforcement action" as a result of which "we have unsuspended your account."

my bold

Cool. Glad Twitter can admit when they make a mistake.

Doesn’t change the fact that ZH is trash.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 13th, 2020 at 4:21:29 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
NSFW

my bold

Cool. Glad Twitter can admit when they make a mistake.

Doesn’t change the fact that ZH is trash.

I have honestly never even heard of them before this, so I am sure this controversy is good publicity.

Based on the link, looks like a run of the mill scammy trading/crypto sites.....
June 13th, 2020 at 5:02:56 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
lol

Zero Hedge has more credibility than CNN and the New York Times put together, yet the libbie doesn't care. 😂😂
June 15th, 2020 at 7:12:55 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Bad day for bigots:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Supreme Court rules gay and lesbian people can sue for workplace bias under landmark civil rights law.

Interesting split: Roberts and Gorsuch joined the four liberals.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 15th, 2020 at 7:43:21 AM permalink
Gandler
Bad day for bigots:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Supreme Court rules gay and lesbian people can sue for workplace bias under landmark civil rights law.

Interesting split: Roberts and Gorsuch joined the four liberals.

I am glad the Supreme Court made a right decision.

The fact that even conservative justices joined shows it is right.

Huge progress. This is probably the most important case of the year for civil rights.

I remeber I posted this case earlier this year (in the "Gay Thread") and all of the usual suspects were convinced it would be dismissed.....
June 15th, 2020 at 8:02:53 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
There should be no job where sexual orientation has any bearing. Maybe legal prostitution if you refuse to service certain gender clients.

I wonder if the next hat to fall is if ugly people can sue for workplace bias, using their non-attractiveness as the grounds. I mean, there are no ugly fat men waiters in Hooters.

We have a local upscale restaurant that has no females a servers, meaning it is a waiters only place. There are female bartenders and hostesses, but I'm stunned no one has taken them on.

I wonder if a white guy who wants to be a cornerback can sue the NFL? Whites make up what, 80% of the population but less than 1% of the cornerbacks?
June 15th, 2020 at 8:07:27 AM permalink
Gandler
Quote: SOOPOO
There should be no job where sexual orientation has any bearing. Maybe legal prostitution if you refuse to service certain gender clients.

I wonder if the next hat to fall is if ugly people can sue for workplace bias, using their non-attractiveness as the grounds. I mean, there are no ugly fat men waiters in Hooters.

We have a local upscale restaurant that has no females a servers, meaning it is a waiters only place. There are female bartenders and hostesses, but I'm stunned no one has taken them on.

I wonder if a white guy who wants to be a cornerback can sue the NFL? Whites make up what, 80% of the population but less than 1% of the cornerbacks?

In some states that is actually the case.

But, none of that is relevant to this case.

This is about people being fired simply for being homosexual (like the original case which came from a City in GA firing somebody for being gay).
June 15th, 2020 at 8:10:08 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO

I think that lawsuit itself has actually been basically attempted before, believe it or not. I might look.

Quote:

"It's all the same when you're some cement-foot troglodyte..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTEpHeN8jhE

This movie was awful in virtually every way with most of the skits not funny at all, but this one was a shining exception, imo. WARNING: Link contains references to racism, jokes about white people, the slightly less offensive version of the N word, genitalia references and extremely offensive language.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman