In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 8th, 2020 at 5:39:59 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Gandler
Religion can only be taught in the abstract sense (not in a proztylaying way).

I think all religions should be taught because it will show the mirrors and how silly they are.

I think no religion should be taught because whatever, “Knowledge,” is gained is not conducive to any profession outside of religion itself or teaching religion.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 8th, 2020 at 5:47:26 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Mission146
Doctors?

Thank you. Towards the end of my career I thought about the personal risk frequently. Not that much in the beginning.
June 8th, 2020 at 5:48:00 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
I don't see why many standards aren't the same. Reading, writing arithmetic for one. You shouldn't receive accreditation if you're teaching falsehoods.
Why start kids out with misinformation? It's a disservice. Like I said, let them be taught falsehoods at home. Don't sanction it at any level officially.

The schools already teach plenty of misinformation, particularly in history classes. If you want to have a state that churns out successful people and perhaps even want people to relocate so their kids will be educated in your state, then it would be conducive to those goals to have a strong curriculum and high standards. Education, at all levels, is an investment in the future...though I imagine not all states will see it that way. Those states will either become or continue to be miserable hellholes where no person would voluntarily set foot.

But, let the states compete for who can create the best and/or most efficient system without the Federal Government butting in. The Federal Government is nothing more than a means to unlimited power and controls entirely too much...which is why Federal-level politics are so divisive. It’s also why neither of the two major parties actually wants a smaller federal government; they just have different things they want the Federal Government to be doing.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 8th, 2020 at 5:50:03 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: SOOPOO
Thank you. Towards the end of my career I thought about the personal risk frequently. Not that much in the beginning.

You’re welcome! That’s why you just make the cops carry liability insurance, the bad ones will eventually price themselves out of a job. They can continue to have Unions who front these costs by taking Union dues from all, but I guarantee you a guy with Chauvin’s track record won’t last long.
June 8th, 2020 at 5:57:10 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
You’re welcome! That’s why you just make the cops carry liability insurance, the bad ones will eventually price themselves out of a job. They can continue to have Unions who front these costs by taking Union dues from all, but I guarantee you a guy with Chauvin’s track record won’t last long.

Getting rid of qualified immunity for Law Enforcement would be one of the most foolish things this countries have done....

Police need protection form personal liability in the protection of the realm....

Deleting qualified immunity from Law Enforcement, but keeping it in the case of all other government workers is just quackery....
June 8th, 2020 at 5:59:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Awful idea. This is already wiping out doctors. Slip and Fall experts like the old guy in Buffalo would be around every corner. We already are seeing via body cams a decrease in complaints of "racism." What else will this kind of person claim for a quick payout?
The President is a fink.
June 8th, 2020 at 6:07:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: AZDuffman
Awful idea. This is already wiping out doctors. Slip and Fall experts like the old guy in Buffalo would be around every corner. We already are seeing via body cams a decrease in complaints of "racism." What else will this kind of person claim for a quick payout?

Yeah, but aren't the lawsuits against police usually against the city? That's where the deepest pockets are.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 8th, 2020 at 6:08:12 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Gandler
Getting rid of qualified immunity for Law Enforcement would be one of the most foolish things this countries have done....

Police need protection form personal liability in the protection of the realm....

Deleting qualified immunity from Law Enforcement, but keeping it in the case of all other government workers is just quackery....

Who said anything about keeping it for all other Government workers? Can other Government workers not abuse their positions?

What’s that line people like to say about the police, “If you don’t do anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about.” Something like that, right?
June 8th, 2020 at 6:11:34 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman

Perhaps you should hold lawyers personally accountable for court costs and fees in the event that they bring frivolous action before the court, and allow the aggrieved party to sue them for bringing same, in turn.
June 8th, 2020 at 6:27:00 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Who said anything about keeping it for all other Government workers? Can other Government workers not abuse their positions?

What’s that line people like to say about the police, “If you don’t do anything wrong, then you have nothing to worry about.” Something like that, right?

The proposed bill today says exactly that.....

You don’t seem to understand the amount of false accusations police experience. Bodycams actually clear police of most wrongdoing.....