In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 8th, 2020 at 3:43:22 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine
So a poor state -- like I believe Mississippi should only get what they can afford for education. I Can't agree, at all.

They are tied for the #1 state for religiosity, anyway. Any amount spent on that state on education is all but automatically wasteful.

ADDED: Perhaps if they ran the state better, there would be more money there.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 8th, 2020 at 3:49:53 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Just scaremongering on your part.

Nope. Just that I know history and how the feds operate. Ask an Indian how well limited federal control works out.
The President is a fink.
June 8th, 2020 at 4:15:27 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: AZDuffman
Federal police is a totally awful idea not to mention unconstitutional. Policing should be local. State police step in if there is a local problem. Police at federal level is a sign of a repressed society.

I agree generally.

But, my point was I would rather have Federal Police than private contractors hired by the federal government to work local streets....
June 8th, 2020 at 4:27:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman
Nope. Just that I know history and how the feds operate. Ask an Indian how well limited federal control works out.

Private citizens wanted the good lands either way. They weren't viewed with a the rights of European settlers, that was hardly a government view only. It wouldn't have been any better feds or not.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 8th, 2020 at 4:28:48 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Btw I don't have a strong opinion of private police either way. I was just curious why conservatives were so easily abandoning competition, since they love it and hate government so much.

Conservatives don't "hate" the government. We want it to be limited. One of the things we DO want the government to provide is a strong military, and strong police force. I do hate the government when it decides to pay the unemployed 50% more than they were making when employed.
June 8th, 2020 at 4:30:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
IDK if any of this is true? https://twitter.com/Braveheart_USA/status/1269480875260915713 "Minneapolis Police Department says 24 officers quit today & 46 are taking early retirement. "

"A former New York Police Commissioner told Fox News on Monday that he heard up to 600 NYPD cops are on the verge of either retiring or quitting"

A lot of police are fed up and quitting, retiring or I'm sure claiming disability due to PTSD.

Be careful what you wish for.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 8th, 2020 at 4:33:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
duplicate
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 8th, 2020 at 4:35:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph
IDK if any of this is true? https://twitter.com/Braveheart_USA/status/1269480875260915713 "Minneapolis Police Department says 24 officers quit today & 46 are taking early retirement. "

"A former New York Police Commissioner told Fox News on Monday that he heard up to 600 NYPD cops are on the verge of either retiring or quitting"

A lot of police are fed up and quitting, retiring or I'm sure claiming disability due to PTSD.

Be careful what you wish for.

Only that many? They will be racing for the doors at this rate. Pelosi wants to make it easy to sue cops personally. Who will take such a job?
The President is a fink.
June 8th, 2020 at 4:36:09 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Private citizens wanted the good lands either way. They weren't viewed with a the rights of European settlers, that was hardly a government view only. It wouldn't have been any better feds or not.
If Tecumseh could have survived the battle of the Thames, America could look a lot different.

https://indiancountrytoday.com/archive/native-history-tecumseh-defeated-at-battle-of-the-thames-wp4Da6LNkECuBMS1Ch-EHA

"October 5 was a very important date in Native history,” she said. “As a result of Tecumseh’s defeat, Natives were never again considered separate and equal partners in international relations.”
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 8th, 2020 at 4:37:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
There are lots of neighborhoods in the
US where police seldom go, even in
the daytime. Never at night, they
would never come out. Libs want
the whole country to be like NYC
was in the late 19th century. The
sun went down and the police
disappeared. If you were stupid
enough to venture out they would
find you in an ally naked, and dead
or half dead the next day.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.