In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 8th, 2020 at 9:56:52 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
Quote: Shrek
Former NYPD commissioner claims 600 officers considering exit from the force amid George Floyd protests

Man, wouldn't it be awesome if a bunch of cops got fed up and said "Screw this!" and resigned??

Then everybody who supports the libbie rioters & looters cockroaches would have a rude awakening FAST. 👍👍

They want to quit, let them. Don’t let the door hit them on the way out!

The NYPD is super hush about letting cops do interviews or even publicly speak. They basically are not allowed to talk to anyone about anything....

I heard from some anonymous cops in New York that it is a cluster. They basically have to let the looting occur and just sit back and watch and have mandatory 12 hour shifts 7 days a week...

Its not good. Glad I don’t live (or work for) NYC....
June 8th, 2020 at 10:05:51 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288[/q

They want to quit, let them. Don’t let the door hit them on the way out!

That's what everybody wants, to call
the cops in an emergency and be
told they can maybe send somebody
next week because they are horribly
understaffed. If you want that just
move to a 3rd world craphole where
the cops never come when you need
them.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 8th, 2020 at 10:41:00 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
That's what everybody wants, to call
the cops in an emergency and be
told they can maybe send somebody
next week because they are horribly
understaffed. If you want that just
them.

Baltimore?
The President is a fink.
June 8th, 2020 at 12:03:31 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
If you want that just
them.

Soon to be Minneapolis. The city council actually has the votes to override a mayoral veto and defund the police department. Not cut back. Defund! A reporter asked what will happen if you call 911 to report an intruder, and her answer was something along the lines of "that's white privilege!" I'm guessing if you are a shop owner or home owner in Minneapolis you prefer having police keep your streets safe, as opposed to having BLM do it.....
June 8th, 2020 at 12:20:58 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: SOOPOO
Soon to be Minneapolis. The city council actually has the votes to override a mayoral veto and defund the police department. ...

That describes Mexico. Terribly
understaffed and they're all on
the take. Unless you're 'somebody'
good luck getting a cop to investigate
your crime. If you make a report at
the station, they'll take it and never
look at it again.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 8th, 2020 at 12:30:22 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Soon to be Minneapolis. The city council actually has the votes to override a mayoral veto and defund the police department. Not cut back. Defund! A reporter asked what will happen if you call 911 to report an intruder, and her answer was something along the lines of "that's white privilege!" I'm guessing if you are a shop owner or home owner in Minneapolis you prefer having police keep your streets safe, as opposed to having BLM do it.....

There will be law enforcement
Either people pay the police with taxes or they pay for private security with the tax savings
I would like to see the private security experiment so we have a comparison
Right now police have no competition. No incentive to get better
Now there is incentive to raise the bar or you lose tax dollars or you lose the business to another business
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 8th, 2020 at 12:34:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: terapined
Either people pay the police with taxes or they pay f

So in your world defunding the police
means more and better law enforcement?

Good grief..
June 8th, 2020 at 12:40:42 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: terapined
Either people pay the police with taxes or they pay for private security with the tax savings
I would like to see the private security experiment so we have a comparison
Right now police have no competition. No incentive to get better
Now there is incentive to raise the bar or you lose tax dollars or you lose the business to another business

Look at South Africa for the Private Security example. High crime.
Private Security have more personell than police and military combined.... After apartheid the defense force was dissolved....
People want the same for America....

Not a good model.

https://youtu.be/pKGzw8GROf0
June 8th, 2020 at 12:59:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Gandler
Look at South Africa for the Private Security example. High crime.
Private Security have more personell than police and military combined.... After apartheid the defense force was dissolved....
People want the same for America....

Not a good model.

https://youtu.be/pKGzw8GROf0

He has me blocked. Ask him where he read they will cut taxes in the same amount. Then listen for crickets.
The President is a fink.
June 8th, 2020 at 1:02:55 PM permalink
AZDuffman

This is why I will never vote Democrat, ever. They think this kind of thing is normal. They go nuts.

One of two things happens. Either the state steps in and forces a reversal, or the MN State Troopers move in and handle policing. Two towns over from me that happened when the city went broke. State stepped in but they only handled state law things. IOW, stolen car they answer the call. Local ordinance they did nothing.

Maybe this wakes people up to what loons are getting elected in this kind of place. Though I doubt it.

Is there a way to make money on the property values in the city crashing?
The President is a fink.