In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

June 4th, 2020 at 3:47:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Protesters/BLM vandalize Gandhi Statue in D.C. https://www.zerohedge.com/political/us-ambassador-india-issues-apology-after-protesters-vandalize-gandhi-statue
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 4th, 2020 at 6:50:49 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: petroglyph

Considering all the news out there
This is a real yawner. Meaningless property to me in comparison to some peoples businesses being totally destroyed.
I know India is offended
but
I'm a Gandhi fan and I have to imagine he would not be thrilled with statues of him.
He'd be out there if alive trying to oppose violent Protests and support peaceful protests as he did in India which also had a problem with some protests turning violent.

With everything happening, this is what fake reporter Tyler Durden decides to report on
Where's the video of it happening????????
It could have been some guy that did not want his name known vandalizing it then reporting on it under another fake name :-)
Honestly, if a reporter wants to be taken seriously in my eyes, use your real name
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 5th, 2020 at 4:44:24 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
Considering all the news out there
This is a real yawner. Meaningless property to me in comparison to some peoples businesses being totally destroyed.
I know India is offended
but
I'm a Gandhi fan and I have to imagine he would not be thrilled with statues of him.
He'd be out there if alive trying to oppose violent Protests and support peaceful protests as he did in India which also had a problem with some protests turning violent.

With everything happening, this is what fake reporter Tyler Durden decides to report on
Where's the video of it happening????????
It could have been some guy that did not want his name known vandalizing it then reporting on it under another fake name :-)
Honestly, if a reporter wants to be taken seriously in my eyes, use your real name

Peaceful protest does not include the destruction of property. I am proud of friends of mine who went out to help clean up Denver, then stayed and peacefully protested that night. No crimes were committed in their protest area.

I don't care what group the belong to or how bad they feel or how how much they want change...anyone committing a destructive or violent crime in the name of protest is pond scum. They dishonor the reason for their protest.
June 5th, 2020 at 5:12:07 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: RonC
Peaceful protest does not include the destruction of property. I am proud of friends of mine who went out to help clean up Denver, then stayed and peacefully protested that night. No crimes were committed in their protest area.

I don't care what group the belong to or how bad they feel or how how much they want change...anyone committing a destructive or violent crime in the name of protest is pond scum. They dishonor the reason for their protest.

How do you know a protester painted the statue
Lets see the video tape
If there is no video tape, then nobody knows how the statue got painted
Cant believe the India embassy did not have a security camera on that statue
Tyler Durden did not witness the act or see a videotape of the act yet he blames BLM protestors.
Pretty poor reporting by a fake named reporter
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 6th, 2020 at 5:11:25 AM permalink
RonC
How do you know a protester painted the statue
Lets see the video tape
If there is no video tape, then nobody knows how the statue got painted
Cant believe the India embassy did not have a security camera on that statue
Tyler Durden did not witness the act or see a videotape of the act yet he blames BLM protestors.
Pretty poor reporting by a fake named reporter

I don't know that BLM did it, but I do know that it was done. Do you call out the crappy reporting from folks on your side? Hell, MSLSD hired a person who was part of an attempt to take out a President before he even was in office.

Your point? I did not condemn the peaceful protesters. i condemned "anyone committing a destructive or violent crime in the name of protest is pond scum"...in case you are not watching these days, there have been people who are taking the opportunity to infiltrate the protest and commit acts of destruction and violence against people and property.

They are pond scum.

They could be from a variety of groups. We may never find them all. They seek to destroy our government through various methods. They get tacit support from people who do not call them out and seek justice for those harmed by their actions. They could be leftist or rightest extremists. No matter. Pond scum.

Someone did it. I guess your ridiculous conclusion is that no one did it because no one saw it happen. Do they have video of every destructive event? It doesn't matter. Whoever did it while peaceful protesters are out trying to march against violence is worthy of condemnation.
June 6th, 2020 at 6:57:23 AM permalink
terapined
Do you call out the crappy reporting from folks on your side?

Its hard because I don't listen or watch crappy reporters on the left
Take Al Sharpton. I would call him out on MSNBC but as soon as I see him, I change the channel.
I cant stand Al Sharpton but I really cant call him out because I never watch him.
No way I would post something from Sharpton and have Petro jump all over my case Like I do when he posts stuff from "Tyler Durden"

Me and a friend were joking about Amy Goodman. Is she never pissed off. I don't watch her either. My friend lived with his sister a short time and could not be in the same room with her sister watching Amy because Amy would get her all riled up.
As soon as I see her, again, I change the channell

Someone did it. I guess your ridiculous conclusion is that no one did it because no one saw it happen. Do they have video of every destructive event?

Again, where is the video? I keep a video on my truck parked at home
I have to imagine the India embassy values that statue more then my truck :-)
Security cameras are real cheap. I would not have one if they weren't so cheap.
Could have been somebody on the right trying to inflame the situation.
I don't know.
"Tyler Durden" claims he knows via his reporting. What's the source? If no video, did Tyler interview a witness?????
"Tyler" doesn't know s*it
June 6th, 2020 at 7:24:29 AM permalink
RonC
Its hard because I don't listen or watch crappy reporters on the left
Take Al Sharpton. I would call him out on MSNBC but as soon as I see him, I change the channel.
I cant stand Al Sharpton but I really cant call him out because I never watch him.
No way I would post something from Sharpton and have Petro jump all over my case Like I do when he posts stuff from "Tyler Durden"

Me and a friend were joking about Amy Goodman. Is she never pissed off. I don't watch her either. My friend lived with his sister a short time and could not be in the same room with her sister watching Amy because Amy would get her all riled up.
As soon as I see her, again, I change the channell

Again, where is the video? I keep a video on my truck parked at home
I have to imagine the India embassy values that statue more then my truck :-)
Security cameras are real cheap. I would not have one if they weren't so cheap.
Could have been somebody on the right trying to inflame the situation.
I don't know.
"Tyler Durden" claims he knows via his reporting. What's the source? If no video, did Tyler interview a witness?????
"Tyler" doesn't know s*it

You are not reading well...I said that it could be crappy reporting but many accept crappy reporting from their side.

I also have mentioned (many times, but you must have missed them) that I am against all who may be causing destruction and violence...be they extremists of any flavor or just people without anything but looting on their mind.

WTF? How hard is that to understand?

Another WTF...how come doctors say it is okay to protest and be close to each other when they support proper social distancing, etc. for other events.

The real work, as I explained to someone last night, is not in the protests...it is in every city and state working to reform the police, institute true accountability, change things that keep people in the chains of poverty (some things that were done to try and help people but did not), providing better educations, etc. The protests have their importance but they are the beginning and not the end.
June 6th, 2020 at 7:36:16 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: petroglyph

The University of Ghana tore down his statue two years ago. Could be his calling Blacks, troublesome, dirty and live like animals. Or calling Blacks “Kaffirs” and saying Indians are “infinitely superior to Blacks”. Or his hunger strike to prevent the Untouchables he so hated, from getting any seats in parliament. He also refused to allow then entry into the Buddhist temples, which according to him, would give dignity to the outcasts. There is a lot more on him.

The Harvard Crimson

" The movie, which portrays Gandhi as utterly chaste, seems to have left out scenes from real life of the Indian leader's young female followers fighting amongst each other for the honor of sleeping naked with Gandhi and cuddling him in their arms. This was his way of testing his vow of abstinence in preparation for coming struggles which required moral fortitude. Nor is mention made of the daily enemas Gandhi gave the young girls, or the enemas and nude massages they gave him each day."

" When Gandhi's wife was stricken with pneumonia, British doctors told her husband that a shot of penicillin would heal her; nevertheless, Gandhi refused to have alien medicine injected into her body, and she died. Soon after, Gandhi caught malaria and, relenting from the standard applied to his wife, allowed doctors to save his life with quinine. He also allowed British doctors to perform an appendectomy on him, an alien operation if ever there was one. None of this made it to the screen."
June 6th, 2020 at 8:25:23 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Tanko

" The movie, which portrays Gandhi

Its a movie
Even the movies based on real events take liberties, lots and lots of liberties.
I thought that was common knowledge
If I want to learn about a historical figure, that last place I check is a movie lol
Cramming a lifetime into 2 hours, MOST of the story is left out.
Its entertainment. Its not meant to represent a lifetime accurately
June 6th, 2020 at 10:44:04 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
If I want to learn about a historical figure, that last place I check is a movie lol

No one should. Which is why the Harvard article was written.

That does not explain why you call yourself “a Ghandi fan”.

The Harvard article criticizes the film for never mentioning his sleeping naked with young girls, including his niece, and giving them daily nude massages and enemas. The film never mentioned how he denied his wife, the penicillin that could save her life, because he didn’t want her to receive ‘alien’ medicine. It never mentioned how he later allowed British doctors to save his own life with quinine. It never mentioned his winning the Medal of Valor for assisting with the violent suppression of South African Blacks.

You never mentioned the attached articles about his racist views toward Blacks and Untouchables. Did you take the time to read them?

Why exactly are you “a fan” of a perverted racist?