In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 2nd, 2020 at 1:30:25 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
California Wanted to Protect Uber Drivers. Now It May Hurt Freelancers.

Oh, this is precious! I mentioned this one before. California wanted to stick it Uber and Lyft, so they passed a dumbass law that's gonna end up hurting libbies such as freelance journalists and strippers LOL!! 🤣🤣🤣

This proves that libbies are incapable of governing themselves. You have libbie voters in a libbie state voting for libbie politicians who pass libbie laws. BUT it has now come full circle, and libbie companies are laying off the libbie workers who started this whole mess by voting libbie in the first place. You can't make this stuff up folks!! 😂😂😂😂

Libbies will always be miserable plain and simple. You never see this crap in red states like Texas. Only in libbie states.

Unfortunately libbies never learn, and I bet those dumbass libbies in California will still continue voting for libbie politicians LOL!!
January 3rd, 2020 at 10:57:15 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Iran attacks our embassy, Trump says
look out, and he has Qassem Soleimani
killed. Thank god we have a real leader
in the WH. Obama would have huffed
and puffed and done absolutely nothing.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 3rd, 2020 at 11:53:53 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
Iran attacks our embassy, Trump says
look out, and he has Qassem Soleimani
killed. Thank god we have a real leader
in the WH. Obama would have huffed
and puffed and done absolutely nothing.
Whether or not you agree with the Patriot act that our POTUS has the authority to assassinate anyone, anywhere, as did Obama, that's what the killing of Soleimani is is an assassination. I don't think anyone sees it any differently than what it was. Soleimani was killed under Trumps orders, apparently, so the coming retaliation by Iran and her ally's can be laid at the feet of Trump and Jared's friend Bibi.

We can hope for restraint on the part of Iran, but it does appear that they have no option other than war. We leave them no choices, either prostration or war, and they are a proud people, like us. Killing Soleimini, their revered general feels to Iranians as Pearl Harbor felt to Americans. This is likely Trumps declaration of war against Iran in Iran's eyes.

The coming deaths of Americans in retribution are all on Trump.

And we still haven't investigated Saudi Arabia for 911.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 3rd, 2020 at 12:01:55 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: petroglyph
Whether or not you agree with the Patriot act that our POTUS has the authority to assassinate anyone, anywhere, as did Obama, that's what the killing of Soleimani is is an assassination. I don't think anyone sees it any differently than what it was. Soleimani was killed under Trumps orders, apparently, so the coming retaliation by Iran and her ally's can be laid at the feet of Trump and Jared's friend Bibi.

We can hope for restraint on the part of Iran, but it does appear that they have no option other than war. We leave them no choices, either prostration or war, and they are a proud people, like us. Killing Soleimini, their revered general feels to Iranians as Pearl Harbor felt to Americans. This is likely Trumps declaration of war against Iran in Iran's eyes.

It's an election year. Who couldn't see it coming? Same s**t...different Repbulican prez.
January 3rd, 2020 at 12:02:02 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

Did you say the same when a different murderer, Osama Bin laden, was killed? I do not have enough info on this scoundrel, and probably neither do you, but he apparently was a mastermind of terror attacks. So we should not go after him because we are afraid they will commit terror attacks? This I am sure of.... these decisions are not easy. In this case we will see the results of the action, but will only be able to guess what the results of inaction would have been.
All Americans have been instructed to leave Iraq. If the result of this assassination is to decrease the American presence in Iraq and the area, then good.
January 3rd, 2020 at 12:32:48 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

WGAF?

If you signed up for any form of the Armed Forces of the U.S.A., then you signed up to do whatever it is they want you to do and fight on any front where they happen to send you...whether or not that front is created or exacerbated by the decision-makers themselves. If they think they signed up to protect our country in a defensive position, while noble enough, sorry Charlie...not always the case. If they die, they die. I don't think they can make any claims to ignorance. It's a paycheck, either way. Not really worth the risk for the amount paid, but that's just my opinion. Maybe some folks have no other options or some misguided sense of patriotism. I'll fight anyone who says the wrong thing to me, but if they (the leaders and decision-makers) want me to fight their battles, they'd have to force me and I'd probably kill myself first anyway. Not really a big fan of murder, even if it is guised with a different moniker.

Anyway, Trump didn't draft anyone and I don't imagine he was present when very many (or possibly any) new recruits signed that dotted line.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 3rd, 2020 at 12:41:44 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I agree
Many innocent Americans will be caught in the middle of this and will be killed either here or abroad.
We are an easy target due to our freedoms

Trump actually predicted all this years ago.

"In order to get elected, @BarackObama will start a war with Iran." Trump 11/29/11
"Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin – watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate." Trump 10/9/12
"Don't let Obama play the Iran card in order to start a war in order to get elected--be careful Republicans!" Trump 10/22/12
“Our president will start a war with Iran because he has absolutely no ability to negotiate. He's weak and he's ineffective. So the only way he figures that he's going to get reelected — and as sure as you're sitting there — is to start a war with Iran.” Trump 11/16/11
"I predict that President Obama will at some point attack Iran in order to save face!" Trump 9/16/13
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 3rd, 2020 at 1:34:35 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146

WGAF?

If you signed up for any form of the Armed Forces of the U.S.A., then you signed up to do whatever it is they want you to do and fight on any front where they happen to send you...whether or not that front is created or exacerbated by the decision-makers themselves. If they think they signed up to protect our country in a defensive position, while noble enough, sorry Charlie...not always the case. If they die, they die. I don't think they can make any claims to ignorance. It's a paycheck, either way. Not really worth the risk for the amount paid, but that's just my opinion. Maybe some folks have no other options or some misguided sense of patriotism. I'll fight anyone who says the wrong thing to me, but if they (the leaders and decision-makers) want me to fight their battles, they'd have to force me and I'd probably kill myself first anyway. Not really a big fan of murder, even if it is guised with a different moniker.

Anyway, Trump didn't draft anyone and I don't imagine he was present when very many (or possibly any) new recruits signed that dotted line.

Iran is not limited to killing soldiers.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 3rd, 2020 at 1:38:31 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: rxwine

Iran is not limited to killing soldiers.

What do you suppose I should do about it?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 3rd, 2020 at 2:00:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
And if Trump had done nothing,
the media would be screaming
about how weak he was.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.