In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 4th, 2020 at 2:35:54 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Face
Positively predictable. Soon as it happened, I says "watch how many people will jump when just yesterday they had no idea who he was. He'll be Hitler by this week's end". There's step one.

How about another? Next comes the test of faith. There will be no discussion, no debate. Next, those who are against this will be branded as weak, cowards, or unpatriotic. No substance, no purpose, just bulls@#$.

It'll start with 48hrs from right now.

https://www.rt.com/op-ed/477423-us-soleimani-assassination-consequences/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 5th, 2020 at 5:50:25 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Is there anyone here who actually thinks that Iran, if they could, wouldn't be blowing up whatever they could in the US BEFORE this assassination? That this event has not turned a peace loving nation all of a sudden into the largest terror sponsor in the world?

You actually believe that there is this being said at the Iran High Command...... "We weren't planning any attacks, just our usual peaceful diplomatic tactics..... but NOW we should attack....!"
January 5th, 2020 at 6:07:54 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: SOOPOO
Is there anyone here who actually thinks that Iran, if they could, wouldn't be blowing up whatever they could in the US BEFORE this assassination? That this event has not turned a peace loving nation all of a sudden into the largest terror sponsor in the world?

You actually believe that there is this being said at the Iran High Command...... "We weren't planning any attacks, just our usual peaceful diplomatic tactics..... but NOW we should attack....!"

I don't believe there was an imminent attack before the General was assassinated. The evidence is weak.
Now the General is killed, I do believe there will be an imminent attack.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 5th, 2020 at 6:26:26 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Yes the lefties here think that. They think Iran loved the USA until we elected Trump.

They think if not for Trump we would have peace in our time.
The President is a fink.
January 5th, 2020 at 6:43:01 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6

Unfortunately libbies all over the country believe that. These people are detached from reality and live in their own little world. It's sad man. Libbies will be the downfall of our great country. 😔
January 5th, 2020 at 8:51:19 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Way to bridge that divide, boys. Keep up the good work.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
January 5th, 2020 at 9:07:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

I have little to no faith in Trump’s foreign policy decisions.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 5th, 2020 at 9:35:11 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
I have little to no faith in Trump’s foreign policy decisions.

SHOCKER!! But you luuuuuved Obama's..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 5th, 2020 at 9:48:10 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
SHOCKER!! But you luuuuuved Obama's..

No. But more than Trump’s overall.

I do like the part where trump leaves the country. But unfortunately he comes back.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 5th, 2020 at 9:52:21 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Admitting shortfalls is fun, here, I'm going to try it:

1.) I don't trust most of what major news outlets say.

2.) I don't really pay much attention to foreign affairs.

3.) Because #2, I don't know much about this event except the fact that it happened.

4.) Because #1-3, I'm not qualified to offer an opinion on Trump's decision-making in this foreign-affairs matter, much less in general.

5.) Because #'s 1&2, I'm not qualified to offer an opinion on Obama's decision-making as relates foreign-affairs, in general.

I may not like Trump, (though I certainly don't hate him) but I have absolutely no standing whatsoever to question his decision on this. I imagine that if I gathered as much information as I possibly could, I still wouldn't, 'know,' enough to make a judgment. The reason for that is because there would still be information, I assume, that would not be publicly available.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman