In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 11th, 2019 at 5:01:09 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC
Time has named their "Person of the Year"...

TIME Person of the Year 2019: Teen climate activist Greta Thunberg

https://www.today.com/news/time-person-year-2019-teen-climate-activist-greta-thunberg-t169704

Thoughts???

Complete joke.

In 20 years ask her 3 ex-husbands what life was like with her.
The President is a fink.
December 11th, 2019 at 5:07:57 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
Complete joke.

Time was one of the magazines I subscribed to for a very long time. I stopped a while back.

I did have one interesting experience reading the magazine...it was tossed in the magazine basket and I picked it up. The face on the cover looked like someone I knew. Oh, hell, it was someone I knew. Turns out a Marine Captain had gone to medical school (I remember his departure party from the assignment he was on when he was accepted in the program). He became a doctor and served in the Navy (the Marine Corps does not have medical personnel; they are provided by the Navy).

Turns out he went to a war zone, saw that there was a way to speed up the time before treatment of injured troops, and put together a plan to move aid stations nearer to the front line. Instead of long trips to the rear, there was now a team of folks to take care of the injured very close to the fight.
December 11th, 2019 at 5:07:58 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

https://www.today.com/news/time-person-year-2019-teen-climate-activist-greta-thunberg-t169704

Thoughts???

Great choice.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 11th, 2019 at 5:12:45 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Thoughts???

cool :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 11th, 2019 at 5:54:17 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Time was one of the magazines I subscribed to for a very long time. I stopped a while back.

I did have one interesting experience reading the magazine...it was tossed in the magazine basket and I picked it up. The face on the cover looked like someone I knew. Oh, hell, it was someone I knew. Turns out a Marine Captain had gone to medical school (I remember his departure party from the assignment he was on when he was accepted in the program). He became a doctor and served in the Navy (the Marine Corps does not have medical personnel; they are provided by the Navy).

Turns out he went to a war zone, saw that there was a way to speed up the time before treatment of injured troops, and put together a plan to move aid stations nearer to the front line. Instead of long trips to the rear, there was now a team of folks to take care of the injured very close to the fight.

Awesome. Sounds like the first MASH units.
The President is a fink.
December 11th, 2019 at 5:56:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I finally accepted what a biased rag Time was when they made Newt MOTY and used a cover pic they looked like smug shot. Time cannot be taken serious.
The President is a fink.
December 11th, 2019 at 11:23:12 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
GRAHAM: Former FBI Director James Comey said this week that your report vindicates him. Is that a fair assessment of your report?

HOROWITZ: I think the activities we found here don’t vindicate anybody who touched this.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 11th, 2019 at 11:38:10 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Complete joke.

Yep totally!

This girl is a perfect example of how gutless libbies are. Conservatives protect children while libbies hang them out to dry.

In this case, libbies don't have the guts to make climate change arguments themselves, so they throw this child on the front line and use her as a human shield so that she gets hit with all the slings & arrows instead of them.

What noble people these libbies are.......... 🙄
December 11th, 2019 at 3:56:05 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: Evenbob
GRAHAM: Former FBI Director James Comey said this week that your report vindicates him. Is that a fair assessment of your report?

HOROWITZ: I think the activities we found here don’t vindicate anybody who touched this.

Yes, and anyone who has either read the report or watched Horowitz's testimony and still believes Comey and others involved were vindicated is a 100% total imbecile.
Let's go Brandon
December 11th, 2019 at 4:12:38 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: fleaswatter
Quote: Evenbob

Yes, and anyone who has either read the report or watched Horowitz's testimony and still believes Comey and others involved were vindicated is a 100% total imbecile.

And anyone who has read the report or watched Horowitz's testimony and still believes that there was a "deep state coup" against the President is a 100% total moron.