prissy public education sucks.
It has young people expecting
the sun and moon when they
graduate and when they
realize they have to work their
asses off for 20 years to get
there, bang!
Bullet in the brain pan..

Never said it was the guns fault. But, guns do make it easier (with a higher chance of success). Over half of successful suicides are by guns (even higher if talking just males).

And, you can still buy handguns at most pawnshops, department stores and hardware stores without a permit and walk out with it (at least in GA). There are virtually no restrictions on buying guns (at least not where I live).....
December 9th, 2019 at 5:14:36 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob

Suicide is the sign that our
graduate and when they
there, bang!

I think it is more the pop culture doing that. See 20 somethings on TV with great apartments and great jobs and wonder why it is not you?

Suicide is painless,
it brings on many changes,
and I can take or leave it if I please.
The President is a fink.
December 9th, 2019 at 5:18:32 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Evenbob
Suicide is the sign that our
graduate and when they
there, bang!

You can be anything if you put your mind to it.

You can have anything if you just work hard.

Anyone can be a millionaire.

Just say your prayers, take your vitamins.

It's the land of opportunity.

PSYCHE! Here's 30yrs of barely surviving, here's mandated 24/7 availability due to phones and email, here's unpaid overtime, here's part time to avoid benefits, here's slashing pensions, here's never owning real property, here's never retiring, here's two working parents, here's $23mmmm of debt, here's wages rising slower than inflation, here's exorbitant insurance rates and a healthcare system that has you a coin flip from destitution at all times, here's reduced time off, here's hiring freezes because we'll just make the remainder do more for no compensation, here's At Will employment, all for the low low price of do this or you die and you have no time for anything else so f#$% you and the children you're trying to raise. Oh, and just so you know, it's not about ability. We CAN pay you. We just don't wanna. We need one more island to collect the set.

What, you expected hope? I only promised opportunity. And there is. Just not for you.

Gee, can't understand why so many kids kill themselves. Must be weak spirit. Or Vegatarianism. Liberalism is a cancer, donchaknow.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
December 9th, 2019 at 5:20:40 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face
You can be anything if you put your mind to it.

You can have anything if you just work hard.

Anyone can be a millionaire.

Just say your prayers, take your vitamins.

It's the land of opportunity.

PSYCHE! Here's 30yrs of barely surviving, here's mandated 24/7 availability due to phones and email, here's unpaid overtime, here's part time to avoid benefits, here's slashing pensions, here's never owning real property, here's never retiring, here's two working parents, here's $23mmmm of debt, here's wages rising slower than inflation, here's exorbitant insurance rates and a healthcare system that has you a coin flip from destitution at all times, here's reduced time off, here's hiring freezes because we'll just make the remainder do more for no compensation, here's At Will employment, all for the low low price of do this or you die and you have no time for anything else so f#$% you and the children you're trying to raise. Oh, and just so you know, it's not about ability. We CAN pay you. We just don't wanna. We need one more island to collect the set.

What, you expected hope? I only promised opportunity. And there is. Just not for you.

Gee, can't understand why so many kids kill themselves. Must be weak spirit. Or Vegatarianism. Liberalism is a cancer, donchaknow.

Until Trump's wall gets built we could just put you at the border like a WMT greeter....
The President is a fink.
December 9th, 2019 at 5:43:02 PM permalink
Face
Quote: AZDuffman

Until Trump's wall gets built we could just put you at the border like a WMT greeter....

I've no desire to work at Walmart or the border for the rest of time.

And if my cost of living matched that of the Mexicans, I'd be too busy building my third house to complain. Alas...
December 9th, 2019 at 7:10:52 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Face

And if my cost of living matched that of the Mexicans, I'd be too busy building my third house to complain. Alas...

Lower your cost of living. Move to Montana like Ted Kazinsky, but you would rather stay near family and friends and accept the challenges. Make a drastic change in your life. Quit being complacent. You won't, because you would rather be a martyr.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 9th, 2019 at 8:37:44 PM permalink
Face
Quote: DRich
Lower your cost of living. Move to Montana like Ted Kazinsky, but you would rather stay near family and friends and accept the challenges. Make a drastic change in your life. Quit being complacent. You won't, because you would rather be a martyr.

Could you possibly be aware, even if I tried to inform you, of the myriad sacrifices I have already made since going to a single income household? Could I possibly list the myriad skills I've had to acquire completely by myself (OK, with some help here) to become self sufficient and therefore money wise?

I don't think I even need to do any of that. I work 2,400 - 2,800hrs a year at the post office alone, at a career position, say nothing of the hours spent in side work. The fact that the response to that is "Not good enough, you lose your family" is all the argument that need be made.
December 9th, 2019 at 8:49:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler
hardware stores without a permit and walk out with it (at least in GA).

So you can buy a hand gun
without showing ID or going
thru a background check in
GA in any store that sells
guns? Really?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 10th, 2019 at 12:07:43 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Uh oh, time to say "I told you so" to all the libbies around here lol............................

Hillary Clinton emerges as top choice of Democratic voters

Yep, just like the rest of us were saying!!

But of course the libbies never listen. 😂😂
December 10th, 2019 at 12:54:11 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
isn't she dead? isn't the election over?