In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 10th, 2019 at 1:47:34 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: terapined

Some conservatives are so dumb that they cant tell the diff between extremists and normal people
Amazing how many morons are on this board
Somebody goes vegan to meat, its a nothingburger yawner

This post reminds me of an old saying:

"It takes one to know one"
Let's go Brandon
December 10th, 2019 at 2:56:24 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: fleaswatter
Some conservatives are so dumb that they cant tell the diff between extremists and normal people
This post reminds me of an old saying:

"It takes one to know one"

Yep, and it's funny how the biggest morons don't even know that they're morons lol 🤣🤣
December 10th, 2019 at 3:47:52 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Quote: Shrek

I know a woman who's a vegan
and a extreme Leftie. She's
always feeling tired and sick,
but thinks eating meat kills
you. lol

Man was made to eat both meat and plants.

Heard the latest?

"I was at Burger King and they asked if I wanted to try the impossible Whopper. I asked what it was and the guy said it was made by a process that turns pants into meat that tastes like beef. I told him cows have been doing that forever."
The President is a fink.
December 10th, 2019 at 3:51:53 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
Vegan influencer eats meat for 30 days, tells fans she’s healthier than she’s ‘felt in years’

Wow, the libbie long knives are gonna be out for this woman!!
Because you know how libbies get when someone disagrees with them..................... 🙄

You can even see all the libbie hate in her Instagram comments.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5d0eOmA5dt/

Aww. A misfire trolling attempt from YeahBaby/Shrek.

I’m pretty sure most “libbies” here don’t give two sh*ts about who is or isn’t vegan. I certainly don’t.

Most vegans I know are conservative (granted I live in a conservative region) and do it purely for exercise reasons (no philosophical reasons), but nobody really cares. Most liberals do not want to police what you put in your body, you have a right to make bad choices.

I think that is just a facebook meme, I have never heard of anyone being outraged over a non-vegan....
December 10th, 2019 at 4:20:59 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Gandler
Quote: ams288
Vegan influencer eats meat for 30 days, tells fans she’s healthier than she’s ‘felt in years’

Wow, the libbie long knives are gonna be out for this woman!!
Because you know how libbies get when someone disagrees with them..................... 🙄

You can even see all the libbie hate in her Instagram comments.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5d0eOmA5dt/

Aww. A misfire trolling attempt from YeahBaby/Shrek.

I’m pretty sure most “libbies” here don’t give two sh*ts about who is or isn’t vegan. I certainly don’t.

Most vegans I know are conservative (granted I live in a conservative region) and do it purely for exercise reasons (no philosophical reasons), but nobody really cares. Most liberals do not want to police what you put in your body, you have a right to make bad choices.

I think that is just a facebook meme, I have never heard of anyone being outraged over a non-vegan....

I visited Santa Cruz CA
Lots of vegans
My buddy that lived in Santa Cruz said its a great vegan town because all the restaurants cater to vegans
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 10th, 2019 at 7:39:52 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Big movements at work in Santa Cruz, CA:
Farm to Fork
micro=breweries and wineries abound
Great Wealth all over the place...Hippie dealers got rich and bought land.
December 10th, 2019 at 7:56:18 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Face
Could you possibly be aware, even if I tried to inform you, of the myriad sacrifices I have already made since going to a single income household? Could I possibly list the myriad skills I've had to acquire completely by myself (OK, with some help here) to become self sufficient and therefore money wise?

I don't think I even need to do any of that. I work 2,400 - 2,800hrs a year at the post office alone, at a career position, say nothing of the hours spent in side work. The fact that the response to that is "Not good enough, you lose your family" is all the argument that need be made.

Sorry, I have a hard time imaging all of the sacrifices as you spend $25,000 on a recreational vehicle. If you say you went through hard financial times, I believe you. It just seems like you are not struggling much right now.

BTW, how many hours have you worked this year? I would assume you must be homeless working so little. Been to the Caribbean lately?

Don't get me wrong, I admire what I know of you. As a hockey player I assume you took lots of head shots, keep persevering.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
December 10th, 2019 at 10:28:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman

"I was at Burger King and they asked if I wanted to try the impossible Whopper. I asked what it was and the guy said it was made by a process that turns pants into meat that tastes like beef. I told him cows have been doing that forever."

Nothing new about attempting substitutes for meat, but this one seems to impress more people. At least as a burger.

Almost all food substitutes I've tried are always slightly off. Sometimes it's just the after taste. Sometimes you can hide it pretty well in some foods though.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 11th, 2019 at 12:27:15 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Hyundai is offering in their 2020 Sonata, an option called "Nature Sounds"

Quote:
Sonatas with the optional navigation system have built-in settings for sounds including “lively forest,” “open-air cafe,” “calm sea waves” and more.

The sounds are intended to be calming, helping the driver to unwind on the way home regardless of traffic snarls.

There’s not much chance of falling asleep during “lively forest” for sure. It’s replete with what sounds like parrot screams in a rain forest. Listening to it driving through the Arizona desert was odd, but nowhere near as odd as the crunching footsteps in “snowy village,” which also includes a rather disconcerting child’s giggle that seems to emanate from the back seat. Maybe the trunk.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/hyundai-thinks-new-2020-sonata-sound-feature-will-keep-drivers-calm-in-traffic/ar-BBY1srA?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 11th, 2019 at 5:00:03 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Time has named their "Person of the Year"...

TIME Person of the Year 2019: Teen climate activist Greta Thunberg

https://www.today.com/news/time-person-year-2019-teen-climate-activist-greta-thunberg-t169704

Thoughts???