In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

December 9th, 2019 at 1:39:32 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: ams288
Internal Justice watchdog finds that Russia probe was justified, not biased against Trump

Bad day for that evil fat f*** Bill Barr. Good day for America.

LOLOLOLOL

James Comey was booked on Fox & Friends to discuss the IG report tomorrow morning.

After the report was released this afternoon they called him and said his appearance was canceled.

Need any more evidence that Fox News is purely a propaganda network???

I think the rightwing engages in more conspiracy theories than the left, so they’re just wrong more.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 9th, 2019 at 1:59:01 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: Evenbob
Isn't 29 a little young for shrink meds?
I'm 40 years older than you and have
never had the need.

Well, suicide rates for men, particularly young men are going through the roof. So probably more young people need to make psychiatric appointmets. Unfortunately there is a stigma attached to mental health treatments and medications that prevent a lot of people (especially men) from seeking help.

Being older or younger than me is not inherently revelent, if you are mentally healthy and feel good there would be no reason for you to go. I hope you never need to.
But, you never know when somebody may have a change, it may be biological/ neurological or it may be brought out by external events (extreme stressors).
December 9th, 2019 at 2:06:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Gandler
Being older or younger than me is not inherently revelent, if you are mentally healthy .

Things that we easily coped with
30 years ago as a part of life,
are now issues that need meds
because we've turned into a doped
up nation by big pharm. Every
time you crap sideways of have
a bad day, it's time to pop a
pill. F all that..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 9th, 2019 at 2:55:51 PM permalink
Gandler
Things that we easily coped with
30 years ago as a part of life,
are now issues that need meds
because we've turned into a doped
up nation by big pharm. Every
time you crap sideways of have
a bad day, it's time to pop a
pill. F all that..

Not true at all. Suicide is almost always a result of two things : lack of care and ease of accomplishment (availability of guns, or other means that are quick or easy).

Most people who are suicidal are not medicated (at least not legally, there are patterns of illegal drug and alcohol use). The idea that legal medication or mental health care leads to suicide is a myth.

Countries like Japan that are going the other way (used to have super high rates and now are lower, while America is reverse) have recently (over last few decades) much more successful mental health care and suicide outreach programs.

America is also unique in the ease of buying guns (Japanese suicide used to be much more complex, but was carried out anyway because of the history of suicides after failure to prevent dishonor and other cultural facets). Which plays right into both factors of successful suicide (lack of care and ease of execution).
December 9th, 2019 at 3:45:04 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Not true at all. Suicide is almost always a result of two things : lack of care and ease of accomplishment (availability of guns, or other means that are quick or easy).

Most people who are suicidal are not medicated (at least not legally, there are patterns of illegal drug and alcohol use). The idea that legal medication or mental health care leads to suicide is a myth.

Countries like Japan that are going the other way (used to have super high rates and now are lower, while America is reverse) have recently (over last few decades) much more successful mental health care and suicide outreach programs.

America is also unique in the ease of buying guns (Japanese suicide used to be much more complex, but was carried out anyway because of the history of suicides after failure to prevent dishonor and other cultural facets). Which plays right into both factors of successful suicide (lack of care and ease of execution).
Looks like the UK has very similar rates of suicide, although they have more hangings and poisonings.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 9th, 2019 at 4:22:26 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Isn't 29 a little young for shrink meds?
I'm 40 years older than you and have
never had the need.

So let me get this straight

• We have a 60-year-old pot smoking libbie who camps outside of scientology headquarters and spies on them with binoculars
  • We have a 29-year-old medicated libbie who needs a psychiatrist
  • and we have a third libbie who likes to brag about how many men he bangs

If you're a lurking libbie out there, aren't you proud to have these guys on your side?? 😂😂😂
December 9th, 2019 at 4:27:06 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: petroglyph
Looks like the UK has very similar rates of suicide, although they have more hangings and poisonings.

I I beleive carbon monoxide poisoning (cars running in garage) is widely used.
December 9th, 2019 at 4:29:52 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek

• We have a 60-year-old pot smoking libbie who camps outside of scientology headquarters and spies on them with binoculars

If you're a lurking libbie out there, aren't you proud to have these guys on your side?? 😂😂😂

Thankfully we only have one rightie who was so pitiful he had to make a second account because nobody respected his first one.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 9th, 2019 at 4:40:41 PM permalink
Gandler
Quote: Shrek

Thankfully we only have one rightie who was so pitiful he had to make a second account because nobody respected his first one.

The most stressful experience he has had is having to make more online accounts after his first two were blocked by everyone.

(Sadly I only see his hate when you quote him). I am not one to block people (not a matter of philosophical agreement), but he is clearly a provocateur who tries to rile people.
December 9th, 2019 at 4:49:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Not true at all. Suicide is almost always a result of two things : lack of care and ease of accomplishment (availability of guns,

Yeah, it's the guns fault. I
hate to break it to ya, but
100 years ago guns were
1000 times more available
than now and suicide
rates were tiny. You could
buy a handgun in every
hardware store, pawn shop,
dept store. You could buy
them from Sears catalog.
No permits required.

Everybody carried small
guns and suicides were
small compared to now.
So get another theory.

Suicide is the sign that our
prissy public education sucks.
It has young people expecting
the sun and moon when they
graduate and when they
realize they have to work their
asses off for 20 years to get
there, bang!
Bullet in the brain pan..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.