In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 2nd, 2019 at 11:47:39 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: reno

YeahBaby
Shrek
They have not posted recently in this thread. Take it elsewhere.
October 2nd, 2019 at 2:17:04 PM permalink
Fleastiff
TEN YEAR SENTENCE
October 2nd, 2019 at 2:53:18 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Fleastiff
TEN YEAR SENTENCE

I agree with that sentence
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 2nd, 2019 at 3:19:44 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
TEN YEAR SENTENCE

The prosecution screwed up asking for one year for every year the victim would have been old today. That ADA needs sanctioned, that kind of grandstanding is uncalled for.

A tad low, I might have voted for 15. Who knows how many she will actually do. The BLM crowd will call for riots I am sure.
The President is a fink.
October 2nd, 2019 at 6:40:31 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: AZDuffman
TEN YEAR SENTENCE

A tad low, I might have voted for 15. Who knows how many she will actually do.
She can APPLY for parole after five years, but who knows which way the wind will be blowing then?
October 2nd, 2019 at 11:33:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Those doorbell cameras capture more than potential burglars.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 3rd, 2019 at 5:01:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Judge hugs Amber Guyger, gives her a Bible after murder conviction, causing stir.

This isn't right, a judge hugging a convicted person right there in court. Words from the bench are fine and happen all the time. "You had an extremely bad error in judgment, I am hoping you use your sentence to reflect........." That kind of thing. This is kind a bit too much.
The President is a fink.
October 3rd, 2019 at 7:00:00 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I watch a lot of crime tv and can tell you women generally get pretty light sentences, sometimes for shocking murders

in one recent case I can think of, a Georgia [?] [or a close state] woman met her husband in his car at the bottom of the driveway and shot and killed him, covered up the crime, lied about seeing and interacting with the criminals, just lied about absolutely everything every step of the way, all proved. Once admitting it all, had the weakest of excuses based on unverifiable and unsupported claims about being physically abused by the husband. Never called the police or showed up with black eyes anywhere, no friends were aware of anything, none of that

I say unsupported but the defense brought in a female psychologist who claimed it was a classic case of abused-woman syndrome. They also went for "no jury trial" and knew the judge was the right judge I think. She got convicted of just manslaughter. I don't remember what her sentence was but she was going to get out on parole after maybe a couple of years or something. Murdered her husband in cold blood.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 3rd, 2019 at 7:50:48 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: odiousgambit
I watch a lot of crime tv and can tell you women generally get pretty light sentences, sometimes for shocking murders

in one recent case I can think of, a Georgia [?] [or a close state] woman met her husband in his car at the bottom of the driveway and shot and killed him, covered up the crime, lied about seeing and interacting with the criminals, just lied about absolutely everything every step of the way, all proved. Once admitting it all, had the weakest of excuses based on unverifiable and unsupported claims about being physically abused by the husband. Never called the police or showed up with black eyes anywhere, no friends were aware of anything, none of that

I say unsupported but the defense brought in a female psychologist who claimed it was a classic case of abused-woman syndrome. They also went for "no jury trial" and knew the judge was the right judge I think. She got convicted of just manslaughter. I don't remember what her sentence was but she was going to get out on parole after maybe a couple of years or something. Murdered her husband in cold blood.

Women's crime and corrections is almost an independent study from men. I wonder if she will have male groupies writing to her in the can the way so many male criminals get. Likely she will end up hooking up with a CO to survive.
The President is a fink.
October 3rd, 2019 at 11:41:26 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Depends on what kind of cop she was. If she had a super low opinion of convicted criminals and never in her life imagined she would be one, she is going to have a lot of adjusting to do.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?