In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 27th, 2019 at 10:05:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
That woman cop took the stand today. I thought murder was the only charge, but manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide are also choices. IMHO that assures she does time. It does not rise to Murder 1, but not sure the statute on Murder 2/manslaughter.

I'd say it is definitely above criminally negligent homicide.
The President is a fink.
September 27th, 2019 at 12:36:38 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
murder. She is white. Grand jury and neighborhood mouthpieces are black.

deadly force, no weapon, no threat, easy to close door and await backup, several indicia of wrong floor ignored.

Texas does not use the word premeditated for Murder One, it uses the word "intent" and recognizes that intent can be formed in an instant.
September 30th, 2019 at 12:19:05 PM permalink
Fleastiff
TWELVE GOOD MEN AND TRUE now have the case.
After the wrap some spectators shook hands with the prosecutors; didn't see anyone do that with the defense lawyers.
September 30th, 2019 at 12:27:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
About the only thing I'm curious about is if she is convicted, how her sentence will compare to the average citizen doing the same thing.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 30th, 2019 at 12:36:23 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
About the only thing I'm curious about is if she is convicted, how her sentence will compare to the average citizen doing the same thing.

I don't see that she would as the charges do not state "color of authority" or something like that. I can see she might end up in a cop-unit for her protection but that is about it.
The President is a fink.
September 30th, 2019 at 12:48:11 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: rxwine
THISis a bifurcated trial. GUILT phase is underway, JURY chooses, not guilty of anything, criminal negligence, manslaughter or murder.
THEN
Jury will hear evidence on penalty and IF it is less than ten years it is a recommendation, if it is more than ten years it is a minimum sentence. Not a capital murder case so no death penalty involved. 99 years is highest sentence.

if she does time it will be in AdSeg and will possibly be in another state.
September 30th, 2019 at 2:44:50 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Black Virginia 6th grader who claimed white classmates cut off dreadlocks made story up, family says

A TV star gets let off for false claims so maybe she tried it?
The President is a fink.
October 1st, 2019 at 12:38:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
In what will appear to many as a bizarre reconfiguration of the law, Judge Kemp ruled that jurors can consider the Castle Doctrine in their deliberations, where it could be used to defend Guyger’s actions—despite the fact that she was intruding on her upstairs neighbor Botham Jean’s home the night of Sept. 6.

Because Guyger has claimed that she mistook Jean’s home for her own and thus, misidentified Jean as a burglar, a jury could use the doctrine to justify her use of force in shooting Jean.

So, basically if you believe her explanation you can also use the Castle Doctrine to justify deadly force.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 1st, 2019 at 5:57:54 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
In the news today is that Fox and friends acnt use the word server or they know they will upset Trump
After complaining about Clinton's private server for years, they cant bring themselves to say Trump also had a private server
Instead they report on Trumps private server but they call it everything but a private server
ROTFL

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 1st, 2019 at 6:47:12 AM permalink
Fleastiff
In quiet, peaceful Finland a student at a vocational college attacked 9 others with a sword while also being armed with a pistol. Police cars in Finland often have gun safes and officers normally exit such vehicles without being armed. Assailant is reported to be a Finnish citizen, but there has been no indications of his heritage. A distinction raised due to recent immigration policies and also due to the incident taking place in a shopping center with perceived oriental shops.
There does not seem to be a connection between the sword incident and the recent full-page political propaganda ad taken out by China in what the Prime Minister described as a blatant attempt to influence the opinion of the Finnish people by a foreign state.