In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 1st, 2019 at 7:53:33 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Mika and Greta going back and forth on twitter regarding Joe's criticism of Hannity
Greta does not care about the truth and defended Hannity

Mika posted
"Actually the truth matters. It may not to you. There are those using their platforms to promulgate the President’s lies. You know that. We will recognize it and condemn it when it happens. You may not care about the truth. We do. "

Greta responded
"Do you really believe - even for one second - that I don’t care about the truth?"

I responded
"I don't think you care about the Truth Greta. Care to talk about the truth of scientology abuses. Care to talk about family disconnection. Care to discuss Leah Remini and the truth she exposes that you ignore. Yea Greta, don't think you care about the truth"
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 1st, 2019 at 9:01:30 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Fleastiff
THISis a bifurcated trial. GUILT phase is underway, JURY chooses, not guilty of anything, criminal negligence, manslaughter or murder.
THEN
Jury will hear evidence on penalty and IF it is less than ten years it is a recommendation, if it is more than ten years it is a minimum sentence. Not a capital murder case so no death penalty involved. 99 years is highest sentence.

if she does time it will be in AdSeg and will possibly be in another state.

Jury done
Guilty
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 1st, 2019 at 10:37:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Looks like they found her guilty on murder. I do not know the statute down there, but I would not find guilty on Murder 1, which requires premeditation. Manslaughter or Murder 2, whatever shows indifference but not premeditation.

It matters not, chances are she does not walk free again.
The President is a fink.
October 1st, 2019 at 11:52:49 AM permalink
terapined
With all that's going on today
Trump impeachment, protestor shot in HKG, Guilty in Dallas
I went to foxnews.com
Number 2 story on the website after "Pompeo erupts"

"Ukrainian president meets Tom Cruise, admits he's 'goodlooking'"

ROTFL
Yup, Foxnews knows what's important
October 1st, 2019 at 12:18:25 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: AZDuffman
Looks like they found her guilty on murder. I do not know the statute down there, but I would not find guilty on Murder 1, which requires premeditation. Manslaughter or Murder 2, whatever shows indifference but not premeditation.

In Texas the law uses the word "intent" but such intent can be formed in an instant. The word premeditation is not used in Texas. Sentencing could be as low as ten years, depending on jury verdict yet to come after hearing further evidence.

If she was able to be sexting while walking that hallway she was able to grab her radio or cell phone and call for backup.
October 1st, 2019 at 1:51:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff
In Texas the law uses the word "intent" but such intent can be formed in an instant. The word premeditation is not used in Texas. Sentencing could be as low as ten years, depending on jury verdict yet to come after hearing further evidence.

If she was able to be sexting while walking that hallway she was able to grab her radio or cell phone and call for backup.

To justify Murder 1 I would think you had to know the person and plan over more than "an instant." That is part of why the cops in Baltimore could not be convicted of that guy who died in the paddy wagon. Whether that DA did it intentionally to let them off or feed the crowd or both, Murder 1 was not met.

This one is tricky to me. Does not rise to "premeditated" but entering the guy's apartment is more than manslaughter. I'd be reading the statutes word for word.

Did they say she was sexting? I have not heard much detail. I did hear that cops in her jurisdiction are not to enter a burglary in progress without backup.
The President is a fink.
October 1st, 2019 at 7:13:41 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: AZDuffman
To justify Murder 1 I would think you had to know the person and plan over more than "an instant." .
NO !

yes. sexting on the walk to "her" apartment. Some calls deleted, some not.

The only thing beyond manslaughter was murder.

sentencing tomorrow probably.
October 2nd, 2019 at 9:22:56 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Her racist tweets are going to damage her but lead investigator revealed that 46 of 297 tenants interviewed in that complex admitted to inserting their key cards into the wrong door at least once.
October 2nd, 2019 at 11:01:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I’m usually not too sympathetic to police who shoot people in situations like this, but most of them do verbal contortions to avoid admitting any guilt even in the most egregious situations. She admitted she could have made better decisions that could have avoided shooting the guy. I’d probably go with a more lenient sentence.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 2nd, 2019 at 11:21:03 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: ams288
YeahBaby and Shrek are the same person. Do you not realize this?

Has this been confirmed?

YeahBaby do you have any thoughts on this?

Shrek do you have any thoughts on this?