In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

October 9th, 2014 at 5:43:50 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
I still have to wonder on the rods and other used items why we can't just dig a big shaft and detonate a very small nuke to incinerate them. I am talking 1-2% the size of Little Boy.
The necessary critical mass requires the device to be something on the order of Little boy I believe. A tiny fraction of that size simply cannot go super-critical.

Having said that, seems like a good idea - modify the treaties to permit underground detonation at the minimum necessary fissionable mass.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
October 9th, 2014 at 6:03:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: chickenman
The necessary critical mass requires the device to be something on the order of Little boy I believe. A tiny fraction of that size simply cannot go super-critical.

Having said that, seems like a good idea - modify the treaties to permit underground detonation at the minimum necessary fissionable mass.

I remember reading back in the 1980s about development of bombs .01-.02 size of little boy as field nukes. Idea was you could blow the heck out of a small area without making too big a mess. And yes, treaties can easily be modified. Seriously, why mess with that mountain in NV that the locals scream about? Ship it to a hole and ka-boom.
The President is a fink.
October 9th, 2014 at 6:21:27 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
I remember reading back in the 1980s about development of bombs .01-.02 size of little boy as field nukes. Idea was you could blow the heck out of a small area without making too big a mess. And yes, treaties can easily be modified. Seriously, why mess with that mountain in NV that the locals scream about? Ship it to a hole and ka-boom.
I stand corrected after a very quick search. It appears that 10 - 20 ton yield masses are possible compared to kilotons. Now the issue would be is that enough to fry the rods completely? Still can't just do any old hole though as there is fallout so assume would go to a Yuma-like area.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
October 9th, 2014 at 11:19:37 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/2014/10/08/non-official-cover-respected-german-journalist-blows-whistle-on-how-the-cia-controls-the-media/

It doesn't really matter where we receive our propaganda from whether its ABC, NBC, etc. the "news" is vetted and broadcast to influence the masses. Who are mostly to busy trying to live and take care of their family's to do the in depth research on news bites to understand the careful nudging or "spin". imo
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 9th, 2014 at 12:13:05 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: chickenman
I stand corrected after a very quick search. It appears that 10 - 20 ton yield masses are possible compared to kilotons. Now the issue would be is that enough to fry the rods completely? Still can't just do any old hole though as there is fallout so assume would go to a Yuma-like area.

Thanks for looking it up, I had no idea except that I have heard of very small bombs. Of course in the day they probably thoughtbigger was better and "why would you need a small nuke?" Small ones are probably far more useful.

Anyhow, true not just any hole works, but if we could test the things underground we can find a hole. I just got back from a shallo, abandoned mine. Many, many rooms. Surely deeper ones are out there. And just scale the nuke to whatever size needed. Either this is too simple for pols to understand or there is a better reason.
The President is a fink.
October 10th, 2014 at 3:12:55 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
B-9 would love this:

HELENA, Mont. (AP) — U.S. Sen. John Walsh of Montana says the U.S. Army War College has revoked his master's degree after an investigation into plagiarism allegations.

The only way Dems can get ahead is lying about
being Native Americans or cheating. *facepalm*
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 10th, 2014 at 4:07:13 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
B-9 would love this:

HELENA, Mont. (AP) — U.S. Sen. John Walsh of Montana says the U.S. Army War College has revoked his master's degree after an investigation into plagiarism allegations.

The only way Dems can get ahead is lying about
being Native Americans or cheating. *facepalm*

Its not a left or right issue.
Its an honesty issue.
The Masters degree should be revoked.
There are Dems that lie. Of course. Does that mean all republicans are honest, of course not.
Each side has an equal amount of low life liars.
Some Dems lie.
Some Republicans lie.
That's just the way It is in the real world
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 10th, 2014 at 5:00:57 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Its not a left or right issue.
Its an honesty issue.
The Masters degree should be revoked.
There are Dems that lie. Of course. Does that mean all republicans are honest, of course not.
Each side has an equal amount of low life liars.
Some Dems lie.
Some Republicans lie.
That's just the way It is in the real world

Everyone lies.......You didn't think resumes were really a reflection of who wrote it did you? That's how we keep getting the government we deserve.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 12th, 2014 at 3:57:25 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: petroglyph
Everyone lies.......You didn't think resumes were really a reflection of who wrote it did you? That's how we keep getting the government we deserve.
Lie on a resume in Saudi Arabia and you may wind up in a Saudi prison which is pure hell on earth.
October 12th, 2014 at 6:20:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?