5 votes (23.8%)
2 votes (9.52%)
2 votes (9.52%)

21 members have voted

November 2nd, 2012 at 4:00:35 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
My position is that I can't get pregnant, therefore it has no affect on me.

I would have no objection to it being put to a National vote, especially if women were the only ones who could vote on it.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 2nd, 2012 at 4:08:04 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Nareed
BTW, whoever voted against without exceptions, what about ectopic pregnancies?

I find the five people who voted "for without restrictions" to be just as radical. I mean legally terminating a healthy pregnancy at eight months? I view that as just as bad as infanticide.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
November 2nd, 2012 at 4:08:49 PM permalink
FarFromVegas
Threads: 3
Quote: Mission146
My position is that I can't get pregnant, therefore it has no affect on me.

I would have no objection to it being put to a National vote, especially if women were the only ones who could vote on it.

I'd even have a problem with that. I think it's sad that things like gay marriage have to be put to a vote. It's not like it hurts me in any way which consenting adult marries whichever other consenting adult.

I've had four children but it was my choice to have them. It's not my place to tell other women whether or not to reproduce. I left my job when I was 8 months pregnant with my first because I was having physical difficulty performing the work and have been fortunate to be able to stay home to raise them all since. Not everybody is as lucky as I am and I know it.
This space for rent
November 2nd, 2012 at 5:50:45 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
I think the difficult situation of an ectopic pregnancy makes it clear that the mother's life does take precedence, but it is not that the life of the unborn child is not valued, recognized, or considered as well.

What makes you think the fetus is not valued or considered in other types of abortion?

Quote:
As long as you don't intend to kill the child, or the mother for that matter, the act can be morally done. It sounds like you may be struggling to figure out why this language about intention and uninteded consequences is so important.

I'm not struggling with language. You are misusing language to avoid a contradiction.

The purpose of treatment in an ectopic pregnancy is to save the mother, yes. But the fetus is killed intentionally, not as an unintended consequence of saving the mother.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 2nd, 2012 at 5:54:19 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FarFromVegas
I'd even have a problem with that. I think it's sad that things like gay marriage have to be put to a vote. It's not like it hurts me in any way which consenting adult marries whichever other consenting adult.

That's in the nature of democracy. Your rights aren't yours by right, but by permission from the majority.

Unfortunately it's also in the nature of cultural change. People are more likely to respect the rights of minorities when they or their practices are accepted or tolerated by a majority.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 3rd, 2012 at 7:10:09 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Wizard
I find the five people who voted "for without restrictions" to be just as radical. I mean legally terminating a healthy pregnancy at eight months? I view that as just as bad as infanticide.

Now there are six?!? This is an especially irresponsible position now that we hear all of these stories about people aborting their children because the baby is a girl. Scary stuff to imagine no restrictions on abortion.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 4th, 2012 at 6:06:41 AM permalink
DocZZZ
Threads: 0
To me, the biggest joke is those that are against abortion, but will allow it in the case of rape. The reason people are against abortion is that they want to give the embryo/fetus the same rights as an already born human. But if that embryo/fetus was conceived during a crime the embryo/fetus thus has no rights?
November 5th, 2012 at 3:10:36 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Now there are seven votes for Abortion with no restrictions. Can someone, anyone please explain how that position could be justified.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 30th, 2019 at 10:00:53 PM permalink
YeahBaby
Threads: 5
yep people like beachbabs and terapine need to read this!!

May 30th, 2019 at 11:37:40 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
What about people like YeahBaby?