Original Sin?

November 28th, 2014 at 7:08:33 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
Thou shall not own or keep slaves. No, wait,
that wasn't important enough to be a
commandment. God didn't care about slaves,
slavery is an accepted practice in the Bible.

Umm...Bob do you remember who God gave those commandments to and what He asked that person to do? Don't worry there is a movie coming out about it soon so you can understand what God thinks about slavery.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 28th, 2014 at 7:12:48 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: petroglyph
Wasn't that tried some years back? IIRC it was some kind of one world relgion, again IIRC wasn't it called GAYA?

So I looked for a bit and find this: http://www.reachingcatholics.org/pope.html

Is this not Luciferian? That is how it appears to me. You have probably memorized the bible backwards and forwards, so are fully aware of false prophets.

I cannot fathom how you can approve of this?

Would you still support a one world religion if the Papacy is removed from the leadership position? Will it still be ok if say the Jehovah witnesses are in charge?

It seems to me if you are willing to accept a blending together of all religions than you are willing to accept that what you have been preaching is incorrect.

It reminds me, which of the commandments do you believe God was ambiguous about?

Whoa there petroglyph! I was referring to all the Christian denominations moving back towards the mother Church they broke away from - namely Catholicism. I was not thinking of some strange mixture of all religions, which sounds like an abomination.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 28th, 2014 at 7:35:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Umm...Bob do you remember who God gave those commandments .

Pretend all you like, no slavery commandment
and Jesus never said don't enslave your fellow
man. That's because it was not an issue and
Jesus thought nothing of it, being a regular
man and all. What would have been impressive
is Jesus freeing some slaves instead of walking
on water. That would have been a true miracle.

Odd that god missed slavery, it being so bad
and all. The first 5 were about god himself
and obeying mom and dad. The important
stuff.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 28th, 2014 at 7:39:27 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Whoa there petroglyph! I was referring to all the Christian denominations moving back towards the mother Church they broke away from - namely Catholicism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members

Do you really think that is possible? I could see:

Church of England - 25.0 million
Episcopal Church in the United States - 2.1 million

but do you think there is a chance that any other significant denomination could re-enter in your lifetime?
November 28th, 2014 at 8:16:24 PM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Umm...Bob do you remember who God gave those commandments to and what He asked that person to do? Don't worry there is a movie coming out about it soon so you can understand what God thinks about slavery.

Padre — not even you can purport to know what God "thinks" — please tell me you are not guilty of hubris
November 28th, 2014 at 8:17:35 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin

but do you think there is a chance that any other significant denomination could re-enter in your lifetime?

My wife is a Baptist and she says she was
taught Catholicism is a cult. She still
believes it and can give many reasons.

Her minister father calls the Church the
Cult of Mary, and says they're all going
to hell because their radical beliefs
contradict so much of the Bible.

To me it's two branch of Christianity at
each others throats, what else is new.
It gives both sides something to feel
superior about.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 28th, 2014 at 8:34:47 PM permalink
aceofspades
In the name of religion

Hindus sacrifice half a million animals in Nepal in honor of a goddess

God or goddess—it's all the same
November 29th, 2014 at 11:04:22 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Pacomartin
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations_by_number_of_members

Do you really think that is possible? I could see:

Church of England - 25.0 million
Episcopal Church in the United States - 2.1 million

If Pope Francis keeps talking like he has in Turkey then yes I think I will see denominations now separated return to the fold.

Quote: Pope Francis
Diversity, Francis said, “may seem to create disorder,” but that’s where faith in the Holy Spirit enters the picture.

“Under his guidance [differences] constitute an immense richness,” he said, “because the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of unity, which is not the same thing as uniformity.”
November 29th, 2014 at 11:11:13 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: aceofspades
Padre — not even you can purport to know what God "thinks" — please tell me you are not guilty of hubris

At times I am guilty of hubris unfortunately but not in regards to what God thinks about slavery. The entire Bible reads like an anti-slavery epic. From the equality of all people at the beginning through fundamental story of Passover through the prophets up to Jesus and His emphasis on love of neighbor and treating neighbors as you would like to be treated. Heck, St. Paul even wrote an entire book of the New Testament about setting free slaves.
November 29th, 2014 at 11:15:12 AM permalink
aceofspades
Quote: aceofspades

At times I am guilty of hubris unfortunately but not in regards to what God thinks about slavery. The entire Bible reads like an anti-slavery epic. From the equality of all people at the beginning through fundamental story of Passover through the prophets up to Jesus and His emphasis on love of neighbor and treating neighbors as you would like to be treated. Heck, St. Paul even wrote an entire book of the New Testament about setting free slaves.

ANTI-slavery??? Surely you are wearing your rose-colored glasses