Original Sin?

November 25th, 2014 at 10:27:53 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Then I have seen countless times in my life and the lives of the many people I serve even more powerful examples and experiences of God's loving grace at work in people's lives. .

And what about the countless times you saw it
not at work, do you just write those off? Of
course you do, all religious people do. All
the good stuff is gods grace and the other
stuff you ignore or don't even see.

We both see the same world, padre, exactly
the same world. Except you filter it all
through your selective process and I don't.
I don't filter it through anything, it is what
it is.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 26th, 2014 at 6:06:40 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Oh Bob, there is so much you don't understand. It is precisely at the moments when I need forgiveness or when I need to forgive where I encounter God's Grace the most.

Quote: Evenbob
I don't filter it through anything, it is what it is.

How do you look at art? When you see a painting do you ever ask yourself, "what is this painting trying to tell me, what deeper meanings are hidden in this work of art?"
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 26th, 2014 at 12:27:24 PM permalink
Evenbob
Oh Bob, there is so much you don't understand.

That's what I say to people when I don't
have a rebuttal. I can only assume it's
the same with you.

It's a fact that you see just as many times
when 'gods grace' is at work as you don't
see those times, and you have no explanation
for it. I know, I've seen many Christians
struggle with this and they always have some
ambiguous non answer, like it's all part of
'gods plan'. Which is meaningless.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 26th, 2014 at 12:47:21 PM permalink
FrGamble
You seem to think that Christians are flustered by the reality of suffering in their lives. When you get a chance take a look at a crucifix and let me know what you see?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 26th, 2014 at 3:06:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
When you get a chance take a look at a crucifix and let me know what you see?

I see somebody who suffered the same fate on
the cross by the Romans as over 100,000 people.
Some think it was more than 100K, they used
that form of capital punishment for centuries.
Why single Jesus out, the others on the cross
suffered as much or more than he did.

My point is, all the Christians I know select what
events they title 'gods grace' and just ignore
the rest. All the events look the same to me, I
have no rose colored glasses.
November 26th, 2014 at 4:05:53 PM permalink
FrGamble
What Christians see is the greatest act of love in the history of the universe; God became man, Jesus Christ, who suffered, died, and was raised for our salvation. Because of this we can see God's grace at all times and we know that we are never alone, even in our suffering. In good times and bad, in sickness and health we are loved by God.

Look Bob as much as I love going back and forth with you on this it looks like we are by our lonesome in this thread. How about if no body else participates soon we put an end to our discussion here, whatcha think?
November 26th, 2014 at 4:23:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
How about if no body else participates soon we put an end to our discussion here, whatcha think?

I'm surprised you lasted this long. Most
Christians just wander away in disbelief
that anybody could be so dense that they
can't see see the world in the narrow way
they do.

November 26th, 2014 at 4:23:40 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
How about if no body else participates soon we put an end to our discussion here, whatcha think?

Threads die when they start going around in circles. I was about to reply, but realized I'd already said what I would have replied with.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 26th, 2014 at 4:31:09 PM permalink
FrGamble
Bob, suffice it to say that all the Christians you know are not all Christians or Christianity. Jesus shows us that what you describe as selective blindness to God's Grace is not consistent with the Bible. Probably one of my all time favorite verses from Romans boldly claims that nothing can separate us from the Love of God in Christ Jesus. Again the Christians you know might not be able to express it, they might not "feel" it, but they know deep in their hearts that God's loving grace is with them at all times - especially the tough ones.
November 26th, 2014 at 5:04:46 PM permalink
Evenbob
but they know deep in their hearts that God's loving grace is with them at all times - especially the tough ones.

You realize that makes no sense. I miss George Carlin.