Google: People Also Ask

October 3rd, 2023 at 4:39:18 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
PWUD meaning

People who use drugs (PWUD) often have an elevated prevalence of substance use disorders and co-occurring chronic conditions such as mental health issues (e.g., mood disorders) and infectious diseases (e.g., HIV, Hepatitis) [1–7].

__

PUD slang meaning

Penis
Noun. pud (countable and uncountable, plural puds) (slang) Penis.

>>>

yeah, I'm in that sort of mood
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 5th, 2023 at 5:51:17 AM permalink
odiousgambit
The satellites for the GPS system change position a lot, and sometimes I get irritated I can't get located so I can do my online sports gambling. Usually even if inside the house, it works OK. Late afternoon seems a bad time.

>>>

do gps satellites rise and set?

We use the term "visibility" and "seeing" to mean "to have an unobstructed view of." Since the GPS satellites orbit the Earth in a non-geostationary orbit, they will rise and set. After they have set, for example, they are below the horizon and therefore "not visible." We cannot "see" satellites below the horizon.
October 6th, 2023 at 7:33:42 AM permalink
odiousgambit
How big would a cube of all the gold be?

22 metres cubed – All of the gold ever mined would fit into a crate of 22 metres cubed. 49% - Around half of all gold mined today is made into jewellery, which remains the single largest use for gold.
October 6th, 2023 at 7:40:14 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Quote: odiousgambit

22 metres cubed – All of the gold ever mined would fit into a crate of 22 metres cubed. 49% - Around half of all gold mined today is made into jewellery, which remains the single largest use for gold.

The largest gold block I've ever held before weighed 42 pounds.

It was inside a cardboard box shipped to a bank.

The box appeared to be about 5 inches by 5 inches or so, and was super-heavy for it's size.
October 6th, 2023 at 8:23:51 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: odiousgambit

Should have been used in a Bond film or at least Austin Powers or old Batman TV series,
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 6th, 2023 at 8:27:56 AM permalink
odiousgambit
part of this is how easy it is to dismiss 3 dimensional space for what it is

this is kind of a long story so you might want to skip it

My dad wanted manure for his garden, and he arranged with someone to get what he needed from a stable where cows had been kept until it was so fouled it couldn't be used. [I realize now] he told this man he would clean out one stall in the stable out as a 'thank you' for the manure. So he and I took shovels and got what we needed, and took it back to his garden. It was summer and it was hot work, brother. I couldn't help but notice though we got enough we hardly put a dent in it, it was piled high in places and thick all over. He and I went back, got more, and suffered and sweated each time only to still hardly have made all that much progress. And one more time. I think at this point he had to go tell him we just weren't going to get the stall cleaned out, not even close.

For me it was a lesson in the difference between 2 dimensions and 3 dimensions. Looking at the 2 dimensional aspect of it, you would just say, yeah, a young man like me and a fairly fit older man like my Dad, we could get that stall cleaned out sooner or later. But it became clear we had taken on a monumental task without realizing it.

It was one of the Labors of Hercules, you know, to clean out a certain stable. Old Herc found it was easier to divert a river and flush it out rather than actually dig it out!
October 7th, 2023 at 5:00:42 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Just saw a program on the Salem Witch Trials. Though knowing something about it from books and so on, this time some aspects really struck me. The accusing girls were really brought forth and the irony that they were on the bottom of the social organization, the totem pole if you will, in normal circumstances, was emphasized. Boy were they just totally wicked, irony indeed.

But also it was brought out just how deeply steeped the entire population was about the extensive folklore of witches. That the population was a people seeking a pure type of Christianity was emphasized. Witches are mentioned in the Bible, but barely, and the Exodus scripture saying to kill them [King James version] has been questioned, ‘witch’ may have been mistranslated from ‘poisoner’. In any case, this particular extensive folklore about witches does not come from the Bible; since not, this leaves the Celtic and other ethnic folk legends as the source. And these girls clearly knew all of it from heart. Weird stuff, like how the Devil offers you a small creature as helper, and the witch is to suckle the creature, not just from the nipples, but, evidently more likely, other spots on the body ... accused witches were strip searched for signs of this

>>>

how key were the afflicted girls to the prosecution of witches in salem witch trials?

At the center of the Salem witch trials were a core group of accusers, all girls and young women ranging in age from nine to 20, who screamed, writhed, barked and displayed other horrifying symptoms they claimed were signs of Satanic possession
October 7th, 2023 at 6:58:14 AM permalink
odiousgambit
"the population was a people seeking a pure type of Christianity"

I meant to add: so it is ironic that it clearly was a Christianity quite adulterated by pagan folklore
October 7th, 2023 at 7:26:17 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
A local guide told us most of those women burned as witches were widows with no heirs, who inherited their husband's property. They were killed so a local official could take their land.

"Most of the people hanged in the Salem Witch Trials were land owners. Many of the women were widows without a clear male heir to their land. Once accused of witchcraft, the state took ownership of all of your physical property"
October 7th, 2023 at 8:49:02 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Quote: Tanko
A local guide told us most of those women burned as witches were widows with no heirs, who inherited their husband's property. They were killed so a local official could take their land.

"Most of the people hanged in the Salem Witch Trials were land owners. Many of the women were widows without a clear male heir to their land. Once accused of witchcraft, the state took ownership of all of your physical property"
the program I watched said they would begin to take possession of property as soon as they were far enough along the accusation of being a witch to be put in jail, but not yet had a trial