Google: People Also Ask

August 27th, 2023 at 10:59:47 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
You grind your salt? I know it's sold in unground form. edit ground form.

I would say that most of the salt we use we grind ourselves in a Salt Grinder.

At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 27th, 2023 at 11:06:32 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
sacré bleu! It’s already a fad.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 28th, 2023 at 2:14:57 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
What does Sacre Bleu mean literally?

Holy blue!
Sacré in French means “sacred,” so taken together sacrebleu, literally means “Holy blue!” instead of sacré Dieu (“Holy God!”)
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
August 29th, 2023 at 8:51:49 AM permalink
odiousgambit
well here is an interesting story for you. A friend of mine was being driven nuts by a cow that kept coming into his yard and eating the flowers etc. Turns out that in our county, you don't have to fence in your cattle. You can just turn em lose into the woods and let em wander just like in frontier days. But this one just loved his yard and wouldn't stay out. So after much interaction with the county sheriff, learning what he could do etc., he was about at wit's end. I think he started shooting it with a pellet gun, at least he was going to.

If so that apparently didnt work and the last I heard the sheriff arranged for a wrangler to come get the cow. Must be some twist about abandoned property that it could just be hauled off?

Who around here in VA hires themselves out as a wrangler? I dunno, maybe there's a demand!

>>>

What is the difference between a wrangler and Cowboy?

Wranglers are also considered a subcategory of cowboys, being responsible for herding horses rather than cattle. The profession of wrangling has developed over time, as wranglers are educated to perform more activities as the tourism sector has become increasingly important in the employment of wranglers. [um, yeah, saying horses rather than cattle confuses me too]
August 29th, 2023 at 10:24:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Probably wouldn't take too many applications of bear spray.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 30th, 2023 at 3:58:23 AM permalink
odiousgambit
What is the meaning of quiet quitting?

Quiet quitting is a softer approach than outright leaving a job. The term isn't literal but a play on words. Rather than workers quitting jobs, they are quitting the idea of going above and beyond. Unhappy with some aspect of their current company or role, they choose only to complete the bare minimum

__

What age group is quiet quitting?

'Quiet quitting' has a lead demographic: Young, educated American men. Men aged 25 to 39 worked 16 fewer hours annually — voluntarily as opposed to layoffs — between 2019 and 2022, while men with at least a bachelor's degree cut back 14 hours, the most among groups, researchers from Washington University found
September 7th, 2023 at 12:38:13 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Why do people say 'that's all she wrote?'

That's all she wrote is an American phrase, and most attribute its origin to the Dear John letters sent during World War II. A joke made the rounds in which servicemen compare their Dear John letters, one being a pages-long good-bye letter, one consisting of a few sentences, and one simply saying “Dear John”
September 7th, 2023 at 4:19:01 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit
Why do people say 'that's all she wrote?'

That's all she wrote is an American phrase, and most attribute its origin to the Dear John letters sent during World War II. A joke made the rounds in which servicemen compare their Dear John letters, one being a pages-long good-bye letter, one consisting of a few sentences, and one simply saying “Dear John”

The audaciousness of writing only "Dear John" is both hilarious and sad at the same time. If I had been the recipient of such a letter, I would have to chuckle and complain at the same time. "That b***h only sent me a f****** "Dear John" and wave the letter around like a special prize to all my fellow soldiers.
September 7th, 2023 at 5:54:33 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Be sure and get your nicotine

>>>

What does a lack of nicotinic acid cause?

[such] deficiency results in a condition known as pellagra. Pellagra includes the triad of dermatitis, dementia, and diarrhea and can result in death

also called niacin, vitamin B3

___

can you get nicotinic acid from tobacco?

Tobacco contains nicotine alkaloid in high concentration which is a promising component for the production of nicotinic acid using hot concentrated nitric acid. Nicotinic acid which sometimes called niacin is a vitamin B complex compound which can be used in pharmaceuticals, and food plants.
__

Is nicotine and nicotinic acid the same thing?

This is a real case of mistaken identity. It`s probable that your friend was reading about nicotinic acid. Although the name is similar, it has nothing to do either with smoke or the nicotine found in tobacco. Nicotinic acid also is called niacin, as well as vitamin B-3
September 7th, 2023 at 11:26:43 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Be sure and get your nicotine

>>>

What does a lack of nicotinic acid cause?

[such] deficiency results in a condition known as pellagra. Pellagra includes the triad of dermatitis, dementia, and diarrhea and can result in death

also called niacin, vitamin B3

___

can you get nicotinic acid from tobacco?

Tobacco contains nicotine alkaloid in high concentration which is a promising component for the production of nicotinic acid using hot concentrated nitric acid. Nicotinic acid which sometimes called niacin is a vitamin B complex compound which can be used in pharmaceuticals, and food plants.
__

Is nicotine and nicotinic acid the same thing?

This is a real case of mistaken identity. It`s probable that your friend was reading about nicotinic acid. Although the name is similar, it has nothing to do either with smoke or the nicotine found in tobacco. Nicotinic acid also is called niacin, as well as vitamin B-3