Google: People Also Ask

September 8th, 2023 at 2:15:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Does the Moon have an atmosphere?

Quote:
According to NASA, the moon was once thought to have virtually no atmosphere. However, recent studies have confirmed that the moon does indeed have an atmosphere consisting of some unusual gases, including sodium and potassium, which are not found in the atmospheres of Earth, Mars or Venus. The density of the atmosphere at the moon’s surface is comparable to the density of the outermost fringes of Earth’s atmosphere where the International Space Station orbits. The lunar atmosphere has less than 1,000,000 molecules per cubic centimeter, which is what we consider to be a very good vacuum on Earth

Don't suggest they advertise no helmet needed.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 9th, 2023 at 11:50:25 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
it seems like you could turn that around and say to someone "there's about a million molecules per centimeter" in the lunar atmosphere and impress them with how much that is
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 9th, 2023 at 12:03:02 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: odiousgambit
it seems like you could turn that around and say to someone "there's about a million molecules per centimeter" in the lunar atmosphere and impress them with how much that is

I can see the headline already. 'Since Biden has taken office scientists are now reading a million molecules per cu centimeter of atmosphere'. If it can be raised further it might be livable for man.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 11th, 2023 at 10:22:02 AM permalink
odiousgambit
if you ask the google machine "what is the difference between a Jacobite* and a Jacobin?" you don't get a ready answer

so I had to cobble this together

Jacobites advocated the Restoration of James II and his line of the Stuarts; Bonnie Prince Charlie comes to mind.

the Jacobins come up as a modern group unless you ask "who were the Jacobins in history"

A Jacobin (French pronunciation: ​[ʒakɔbɛ̃]; English: /ˈdʒækəbɪn/) was a member of the Jacobin Club, a revolutionary political movement that was the most famous political club during the French Revolution (1789–1799). The club got its name from meeting at the Dominican rue Saint-Honoré Monastery of the Jacobins.
__

What were the Jacobins known for?

The Jacobins were members of an influential political club during the French Revolution. They were radical revolutionaries who plotted the downfall of the king and the rise of the French Republic. They are often associated with a period of violence during the French Revolution called "the Terror."

* fairly recently an answer on Jeoparydy!
September 13th, 2023 at 4:46:45 AM permalink
odiousgambit
I suspected I knew but wasn't sure

>>>

what is a chef's kiss?

What does chef's kiss mean? Chef's kiss is a gesture and expression meant to show something is perfect or excellent. The gesture is made by pinching the fingers and thumb of one hand together (often in an OK sign), kissing them, and then tossing them dramatically away from the lips.

__

Yes, this came up as "people also ask"

Why chefs are good in bed?

The Secret Sex Lives of Chefs

Indeed the skills and emotions involved in producing a great meal are exactly those at play in making great sex: passion, timing, sensitivity, the adventurous appetite, the brilliant chance of pace, the shock of surprise.

September 13th, 2023 at 4:52:45 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: odiousgambit

Indeed the skills and emotions involved in producing a great meal are exactly those at play in making great sex: passion, timing, sensitivity, the adventurous appetite, the brilliant chance of pace, the shock of surprise.

All of a sudden, I had an image of Andy praising Aunt Bee's apple pie.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 15th, 2023 at 5:16:57 AM permalink
odiousgambit
origin of hand over fist?

The term has a nautical history. It meant climbing a rope by hand on board a sailing ship. As you reach up, your hand closes over your fist below it. The term hand over fist evolved from making progress up a rope to making progress generally, and then only to making money.
__

What does hand over fist actually mean?

Rapidly, at a tremendous rate, as in He's making money hand over fist. This expression is derived from the nautical hand over hand, describing how a sailor climbed a rope
__

Where did the expression hand and foot come from?

Over the centuries the term came to mean doing everything that the “master” needed done by hand (personal care like dressing) or foot (fetching). Written records note the use of this term in the 1300s, but the concept predates it's use and has applied for as long as there have been privileged classes.
__

When should hand over hand be used?

What is Hand Over Hand Prompting? - Goally Apps & Tablets for ...
Hand over hand guidance is when someone helps you do a task by guiding your hands. For example, when playing a video game, someone can show you how to control the character. This technique is used when you're learning a new skill and need help with the physical part to develop the skill and become more independent.
September 15th, 2023 at 6:23:22 AM permalink
rxwine
Head over heels. (which is normal position in my experience)
September 16th, 2023 at 3:30:13 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Hunting season is starting, and Orion is rising. Orion's sword always points south, but as it moves the spot changes. From what I can tell, at one point it must point directly south, but I couldn't find this stated. In the morning [you don't see him in the day] the spot goes from S/SE to S/SW as the season goes on.

I cobbled this together. My comments in brackets

>>>

Does Orion always set in the same direction?

In the northern hemisphere, Orion rises in the east on his back, travels across the southern sky, then sets on his face in the west. In the southern hemisphere, he likewise rises in the east on his back, but he travels across the northern sky to then set on his face in the west. [also, at the same time of the morning, the place you see Orion in the sky goes from East to West, from being on his back, to being on his face. In the summer you don't see him anymore]
__

where does Orion's sword point?

The Sword does indeed point to a spot on the horizon that is close to due south when the Sword is near vertical (as in this image), but it is a less dependable guide when it is well off-vertical [but good enough for rough navigation needs, especially if you know the S/SE:S/SW thing]

September 17th, 2023 at 5:50:18 AM permalink
odiousgambit
We just got a Jersey Mike's in my area

I pronounce it pretty good. They use Cappacuolo a lot and I've decided to ask for it myself when buying deli meats

>>>

Capicola, coppa, capocollo, or cappacuolo, is a type of ham that gets its name from the cut of meat it is made from. This cut spans from the neck of a pig to the fourth or fifth rib, connecting the head, called capo, to the shoulder, called collo