In the News II

March 4th, 2024 at 5:40:15 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: OnceDear
We all get different search results, but you need to search for it in double quotes.
Anyhow, it seems to be a phrase pretty much only used by yourself and Karice.
It's pretty quirky to use an expression that exclusively.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Karice is one of my "Friends," LMAO! 🤭 Not Friends, but "Friends," 🤭
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
March 4th, 2024 at 5:47:27 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
I have mixed feelings about a likely Florida law becoming effective in Oct 1st. Basically, targeting the homeless who "camp" or rather sleep in the streets. On the one hand I'm right there pointing out no one is changing anything by giving handouts to the street people. Even the dumbest animal will keep going to a busy intersection if that is where the handouts are. (just like my local stray cat feeding neighbor)

I think it might be ruled unconstitutional as to the right to assemble and it will likely be challenged.

I was in New Orleans this last week for a cruise. Lots of camps there under the overpasses. I noticed a lot of their tents had stolen highway cones in front of the door/opening to the tent. I was wondering if that symbolizes something? Like “hey, I’m in here right now.” ???
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 5th, 2024 at 4:02:35 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
A federal appeals court on Monday upheld a ruling that blocked Florida from enforcing a law, backed by Gov. Ron DeSantis, that restricts how private companies teach diversity and inclusion in the workplace.

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit ruled Monday that the “Stop Woke Act” “exceeds the bounds” of the U.S. Constitution’s First Amendment right to freedom of speech and expression in its attempts to regulate workplace trainings on race, color, sex and national origin. The appeals court upheld a federal judge’s August 2022 ruling that said the same.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 5th, 2024 at 2:27:21 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
In regards to Victoria Nuland resigning:

Fire behind smoke.

Let's see if they imprison this war-monger or at least rat on a few.
March 6th, 2024 at 11:16:57 AM permalink
rxwine
I don’t know if there was boom or bust in the hearing aid industry when they stopped requiring prescriptions, but I just saw a story about Dexcom releasing a CGM monitor that doesn’t require a prescription in the summer. FDA already approved it. (Continuous Glucose Monitoring). . Might be of investor interest.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 6th, 2024 at 11:18:43 AM permalink
DoubleGold
It looks like Blackrock is losing about $100 million just today on NYCB:

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/NYCB/holders
March 6th, 2024 at 12:49:19 PM permalink
DoubleGold
Right after I posted that, the stock went up 45% from the low on Mnuchin news injecting $1 billion.

Weird how Blackrock recovered like that.
March 6th, 2024 at 7:40:49 PM permalink
rxwine
I don't think this is going to make the far right hate the Dept of Education any less.

Quote:
Liberty University fined $14m over ‘culture of silence’ around sexual assault
Christian evangelical institution punished victims ‘for violating the student code of conduct’ as ‘assailants were left unpunished’

Liberty University has been hit with a $14m Department of Education federal fine for creating “a culture of silence” around sexual assault, failing to support victims of violence and then failing to properly report them correctly under the law.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/mar/06/liberty-university-fined-sexual-assault
March 7th, 2024 at 4:14:12 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
At an Evangelical university? No way. I’m shocked.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 7th, 2024 at 6:10:22 AM permalink
Riverjordan
A Driver who rented a car from Getaround was the VICTIM in a car crash and SHE got a ticket even though the driver who hit her fully admitted fault.🤨😵‍💫😳😱 You might be wondering,"Wait. She's the VICTIM and the other driver fully admitted fault, so why did SHE get a ticket? 🤨😵‍💫😱😳

It turns out, Getaround rented her a car that had expired tags! 😱😳😵‍💫🤨 That was only known to her after she was the victim in a car crash! She did her own investigation and Getaround wanted to charge her a $125 investigation fee when she once again did her own investigation, and they tried to exhort for an extra roughly $1,000! 😱😳😵‍💫🤨 Once again, she's the VICTIM in the car crash, not the one at fault!

She contacted the news and the news questioned Getaround and Getaround "soon," saw the light," and apologized that the VICTIM was treated so unfairly and took "Action," and waived the "$125 investigation fee," and dropped the roughly $1,000 they wanted her to pay. Funny how they saw the light after she went to the news and they got questioned by the news. 😒🙄 None of this should have happened to the VICTIM in a car crash in the first place! 🙄😒
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.