In the News II

March 3rd, 2024 at 1:13:07 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Must be to deter illegal immigrants, and most US citizens.

Quote:
A bill that would repeal the right to a lunch break has been approved by a committee of the Kentucky state legislature.

The measure would also remove the right to 10-minute breaks if approved by the full Kentucky House of Representatives.

The bill would also would not have to pay minimum wage for anything that is not considered the "principal" work activity. That could include putting on a work uniform or other preparations.

It would also eliminate the need to pay time and a half overtime on the seventh consecutive day of work for people working at least 40 hours a week, as well as preventing employers from being punished for not paying minimum wage and overtime pay when employees travel to and from their place of work.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kentucky-bill-eliminating-work-break-rights-rings-alarm-bells/ar-BB1jgkfz?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=31964707a82f4849b024696779d2698a&ei=20
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 3rd, 2024 at 2:26:34 PM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine

This is the kind of things Republicans do when they are in office. Their perfidiousness is naked and obvious. This is what the good people of Kentucky voted for, and it's for them and their elected representatives to deal with, and if desired, to fix.
March 3rd, 2024 at 5:19:06 PM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: GenoDRPh
This is the kind of things Republicans do when they are in office. Their perfidiousness is naked and obvious. This is what the good people of Kentucky voted for, and it's for them and their elected representatives to deal with, and if desired, to fix.

"The bill is sponsored by the committee's chair, Republican Phillip Pratt, who owns a landscaping business called Pratt's Lawn and Landscape."

"Pratt said he resented any implication that he had filed the bill to help himself, the Kentucky Lantern reported."

How do such shysters get elected?
Maybe they sold the idea as 'paid meal times' and 'all working hours will be paid at the same rate as overtime'
March 3rd, 2024 at 5:22:15 PM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: odiousgambit

Sorry matey, I have no idea what that means.
March 3rd, 2024 at 5:36:59 PM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/kentucky-bill-eliminating-work-break-rights-rings-alarm-bells/ar-BB1jgkfz?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=31964707a82f4849b024696779d2698a&ei=20

Setting labor back to the nineteenth century.

Surprisingly, most states don't require meal or rest breaks.

Time and a half overtime pay is assured by federal law under the Fair Labor Standards Act. Kentucky law cannot supersede that.
March 4th, 2024 at 1:33:28 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: OnceDear
Karen,
Is "Ragged and Dragged" a Floridian expression or just a Karen expression? I've only ever read it in your posts and here you fit it in twice.

Amusingly, I googled it and immediately found YOU using the expression on a Michael Jackson forum and mygnrforum, neither of which I'd ever even heard of.

https://www.mjjcommunity.com/threads/was-i-in-the-wrong-for-cussing-her-out.201319/

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/225823-bucketegg-and-i-are-different-people/

You and your socks dominate google searches for that expression! That's quite an achievement.

Funny. When I google ragged and dragged, I get links to ragged definitions and dragged definitions. 🤔

I had heard ragged and dragged as "Insulting someone," and I thought it sounded catchy and now I say it myself often. 😀
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
March 4th, 2024 at 1:43:34 AM permalink
OnceDear
Quote: Riverjordan
Funny. When I google ragged and dragged, I get links to ragged definitions and dragged definitions. 🤔

I had heard ragged and dragged as "Insulting someone," and I thought it sounded catchy and now I say it myself often. 😀

We all get different search results, but you need to search for it in double quotes.
Anyhow, it seems to be a phrase pretty much only used by yourself and Karice.
It's pretty quirky to use an expression that exclusively.

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.
March 4th, 2024 at 3:24:44 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: OnceDear
Quote: odiousgambit

Sorry matey, I have no idea what that means.
Reading about what Karen is 'into' gives me the creeps and makes me shudder
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 4th, 2024 at 4:35:01 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I have mixed feelings about a likely Florida law becoming effective in Oct 1st. Basically, targeting the homeless who "camp" or rather sleep in the streets. On the one hand I'm right there pointing out no one is changing anything by giving handouts to the street people. Even the dumbest animal will keep going to a busy intersection if that is where the handouts are. (just like my local stray cat feeding neighbor)

I think it might be ruled unconstitutional as to the right to assemble and it will likely be challenged.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 4th, 2024 at 4:45:19 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Where I am, the beach is close, as are the mountains.

It's a beautiful city, possibly the most beautiful in the world.

The downside is, some of the mountainsides are slum areas controlled by gangs with weaponry.

So although I reside in an affluent area, poor persons (usually children) come to the area, from not far away, for cash.

I even had one person come into a small restaurant where I was eating and ask for cash.

The owners don't allow it but kids quickly slip-in and out without being noticed.