In the News II

February 23rd, 2024 at 3:55:36 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Riverjordan
I agree that the ADULT deserved to be shot 👍, but I don't get why you'd want the innocent victim who is just a 10 year girl shot as well. 😳

Overpopulation.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 23rd, 2024 at 8:50:52 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Quote: Riverjordan
I agree that the ADULT deserved to be shot 👍, but I don't get why you'd want the innocent victim who is just a 10 year girl shot as well. 😳

It'll happen sooner or later in modern day America, so why wait?

Nowdays doing "homework" means practicing at the range so you can hit as many of your classmates as possible.
February 24th, 2024 at 11:14:26 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Reanna Valentine's mugshot even looks like a remorseless Demon. 😳🥶😱 Her mugshot is one of the scariest looking Mugshots I have ever seen! 🥶😳😱
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
February 28th, 2024 at 5:02:30 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I used to buy batteries all the time at the dollar store. Never food or drugs though.

Quote:
Family Dollar Stores agreed to dole out $41.6 million for storing food, cosmetics, drugs and medical devices in a rat-infested warehouse in Arkansas for years, court records show.

By accepting the plea, the company admitted to shipping products until January 2022 from its Arkansas distribution center, where the FDA found evidence of live rodents, dead and decaying rodents, rodent feces, urine, odors and evidence of gnawing and nesting, court records show.

Some employees reported dead rats showing up in deliveries to the stores.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 28th, 2024 at 6:00:56 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Survey studies are the least reliable, but...

Quote:
In this study, researchers reviewed survey data collected for 430,000 adults from 2016 through 2020 to examine the association between cannabis use and adverse cardiovascular outcomes including heart disease, heart attack and stroke. The survey data was collected through the Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, a national, cross-sectional survey performed annually by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The researchers specifically investigated whether cannabis use was associated with adverse cardiovascular outcomes among the general adult population, among people who had never smoked tobacco or used e-cigarettes, and among younger adults (defined as men under age 55 and women under age 65) at risk for heart disease. They also factored in the number of days per month that people used cannabis.

The analyses of found:

Any cannabis use (smoked, eaten or vaporized) was independently associated with a higher number of adverse cardiovascular outcomes (coronary heart disease, myocardial infarction and stroke) and with more frequent use (more days per month), the odds of adverse outcomes were even higher. The results were similar after controlling for other cardiovascular risk factors, including tobacco and/or e-cigarette use, alcohol consumption, body mass index, Type 2 diabetes and physical activity.
Both daily and non-daily cannabis users had an increased risk of heart attack compared to non-users; daily cannabis users had 25% higher odds of heart attack compared to non-users.
The odds of stroke for daily cannabis users were 42% higher compared to non-users, with lower risk among those who used cannabis less than daily.
Among younger adults at risk for premature cardiovascular disease (defined as men younger than 55 years old and women younger than 65 years old) cannabis use was significantly associated with 36% higher combined odds of coronary heart disease, heart attack and stroke, regardless of whether or not they also used traditional tobacco products. A separate analysis of a smaller subgroup of these adults who had never smoked tobacco cigarettes or used nicotine e-cigarettes also found a significant association between cannabis use and an increase in the combined odds of coronary heart disease, heart attack and stroke.
“Our sample was large enough that we could investigate the association of cannabis use with cardiovascular outcomes among adults who had never used tobacco cigarettes or e-cigarettes,” Jeffers said. “Cannabis smoke is not all that different from tobacco smoke, except for the psychoactive drug: THC vs. nicotine. Our study shows that smoking cannabis has significant cardiovascular risk risks, just like smoking tobacco. This is particularly important because cannabis use is increasing, and conventional tobacco use is decreasing.”

Study background and details:

Survey participants were ages 18-74, with an average age of 45 years.
About half of the participants self-identified as female. 60.2% self-identified as white adults, 11.6 self-identified as Black adults, 19.3 self-identified as Hispanic adults and 8.9% self-identified as other.
Nearly 90% of adults did not use cannabis at all; 7% used it less than daily; and 4% were daily users. Among current cannabis users, 73.8% reported smoking as the most common form of cannabis consumption. More than 60% of total respondents had never used tobacco cigarettes; 28.6% of daily cannabis users had never used tobacco cigarettes; 44.6% of non-daily cannabis users had never used tobacco cigarettes and 63.9% of participants who did not use cannabis had never used tobacco cigarettes.

https://newsroom.heart.org/news/cannabis-use-linked-to-increase-in-heart-attack-and-stroke-risk

Not like i'm really surprised. There's practically nothing you can use that's free ride with no downside.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 28th, 2024 at 11:11:04 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
McConnell stepping down as Senate Minority Leader after the election. I hope the Republicans can pick an adult to replace him. I’m wondering if I’m a Democrat if I’m happy about this? The devil you know versus the devil you don’t? I’m
February 28th, 2024 at 11:53:57 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: SOOPOO
McConnell stepping down as Senate Minority Leader after the election. I hope the Republicans can pick an adult to replace him. I’m wondering if I’m a Democrat if I’m happy about this? The devil you know versus the devil you don’t? I’m

I heard that they are likely to elect a John.
February 28th, 2024 at 1:43:51 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO

Mitch McConnell is evil.

But he was good at his job, just like Nancy Pelosi was an amazingly effective Speaker.

Whoever replaces him won’t be nearly as effective.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 29th, 2024 at 11:24:06 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote:
“You have made it a top priority to address ‘extremism’ amongst our total force, and this act of horrific violence—in support of a terrorist group—raises serious questions about how this individual was allowed to serve on active duty,” Cotton (R-Ark.) wrote to [Secretary of Defense] Austin Wednesday.

Oh, come on, Senator Cotton, everybody knows they were only rooting out *right-wingers* . Anybody who wasn't cheering for Hamas was probably considered a possible problem, not the other way around. Sheesh.

https://nypost.com/2024/02/28/us-news/aaron-bushnells-self-immolation-sparks-pentagon-inquiry-from-tom-cotton-on-how-he-was-allowed-to-serve/
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
February 29th, 2024 at 11:35:06 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Quote: ams288
Mitch McConnell is evil.

But he was good at his job, just like Nancy Pelosi was an amazingly effective Speaker.

Whoever replaces him won’t be nearly as effective.

Evil, yes But influential and occasionally a foil to drumph.
Now to you get a drumph croney?