In the News II

February 29th, 2024 at 11:40:44 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: OnceDear
Evil, yes But influential and occasionally a foil to drumph.
Now to you get a drumph croney?

At what point during his presidency was McConnell a foil to Donny?!!?

He only became one once Donny lost and tanked the Georgia senate runoff.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 29th, 2024 at 2:34:48 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Wendy's had the STUPID idea to introduce surge pricing for FAST FOOD. They got ragged and dragged so hard, they regretted their choice the very next day and backpedaled. Even Burger King roasted them saying stuff like,"No surge pricing here, get a free Whopper with $3 purchase!" 🤣
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
February 29th, 2024 at 4:00:37 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Riverjordan
Wendy's had the STUPID idea to introduce surge pricing for FAST FOOD. They got ragged and dragged so hard, they regretted their choice the very next day and backpedaled. Even Burger King roasted them saying stuff like,"No surge pricing here, get a free Whopper with $3 purchase!" 🤣

Great, now they will just raise the prices all the time.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 1st, 2024 at 4:30:47 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
FAIL. You rarely ever (if ever) have to have a hamburger. But a ride somewhere, that's a different matter.

Bell telephone was doing surge pricing long ago. But there weren't a lot of options to talk to someone over several hundred feet away, or farther.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 1st, 2024 at 4:43:24 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
Where's the beef? :)

You ate it Ralph. LOL
March 2nd, 2024 at 2:06:12 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: DRich
Great, now they will just raise the prices all the time.

Wendy's after getting ragged and dragged for that AWFUL surge pricing idea, implied that they would be giving DISCOUNTS instead. 😉🤭🤣 Customers call the shots with their wallets and when Customers refused to go with Wendy's surge pricing idea, Wendy's backpedaled fast and even are giving DISCOUNTS instead. Wendy's got greedy, plain and simple. Inflation wasn't giving them enough money, so they decided to try to get even MORE money with the awful surge pricing idea and got ragged and dragged instead and regretted it and backpedaled hard and are giving DISCOUNTS now! 🤣🤭
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
March 3rd, 2024 at 1:45:02 AM permalink
OnceDear
Threads: 11
Wendy's after getting ragged and dragged for that AWFUL surge pricing idea, implied that they would be giving DISCOUNTS instead. 😉🤭🤣 Customers call the shots with their wallets and when Customers refused to go with Wendy's surge pricing idea, Wendy's backpedaled fast and even are giving DISCOUNTS instead. Wendy's got greedy, plain and simple. Inflation wasn't giving them enough money, so they decided to try to get even MORE money with the awful surge pricing idea and got ragged and dragged instead and regretted it and backpedaled hard and are giving DISCOUNTS now! 🤣🤭

Karen,
Is "Ragged and Dragged" a Floridian expression or just a Karen expression? I've only ever read it in your posts and here you fit it in twice.

Amusingly, I googled it and immediately found YOU using the expression on a Michael Jackson forum and mygnrforum, neither of which I'd ever even heard of.

https://www.mjjcommunity.com/threads/was-i-in-the-wrong-for-cussing-her-out.201319/

https://www.mygnrforum.com/topic/225823-bucketegg-and-i-are-different-people/

You and your socks dominate google searches for that expression! That's quite an achievement.
March 3rd, 2024 at 5:19:23 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Karen,
Is "Ragged and Dragged" a Floridian expression or just a Karen expression? I've only ever read it in your posts and here you fit it in twice.

Amusingly, I googled it and immediately found YOU using the expression on a Michael Jackson forum and mygnrforum, neither of which I'd ever even heard of.

https://www.mjjcommunity.com/threads/was-i-in-the-wrong-for-cussing-her-out.201319/

You and your socks dominate google searches for that expression! That's quite an achievement.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 3rd, 2024 at 8:07:31 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Karen,

Oh my god. She plagues other forums with socks too.

What a sad existence…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 3rd, 2024 at 9:59:27 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51

I agree, they will give discounts. Raise the prices of all items and discount them during slower times. Pretty much exactly what surge pricing is.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.