In the News II

November 26th, 2023 at 10:27:59 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: odiousgambit
OK, putting aside the terrible riots ... oops I mean peaceful but fiery protests ... that destroyed billions in property and got people killed, all in the name of George Floyd... putting that aside and just looking at what happened, I'll accept that Chauvin was a scumbag if it's so. I don't care to defend him, I'm looking at other things.

Yes, I agree there was likely prior interaction between these two. Additionally, I suspect strongly that the administration of the city helped get Floyd killed by allowing the knee hold on the neck. I also suspect that didn't kill him directly, possibly didn't even contribute, likely it was the drugs. I don't think the trial produced much in the way of "the truth" so I am using words and phrases like 'likely' and 'I suspect' and "possibly' . The Leftist Narrative has the certainty to not only not use these words like I did but wants to bash anybody who does.

Getting back to the rioting aftermath, that Narrative realizes it must justify that aftermath since the Left fully supported the madness. This is why I say there are so many Jacobins and would-be Jacobins involved. Floyd became a Christ-like symbol against police brutality. A role he doesn't fit very well.

Look, the Orange Oaf was in office at the time. He could have ordered the Army up there to give the crowds fifteen minutes to disperse and then kill everyone who doesn't. Did he do it? No. As a result, you had all of the property damage as well as giving the impression that future riots would similarly be tolerated.

It was the same thing with the so-called, 'Autonomous zone,' how did that experiment go, anyway? They should have been given fifteen minutes to leave the affected area, then those who failed to comply killed on sight.

The D.C., "Insurrection," as well, obviously. THAT would have saved money, also. You don't have to have a trial for the dead.

I mean, maybe if someone says they can't breathe and you remove your knee from that person's neck...just maybe...these simple misunderstandings about what actually caused that person's death can be avoided.

I wonder if Chauvin went into the coroner's office and held up Floyd's head like he was taking a picture with a deer he fell? That's honestly what that still of him on the street kind of reminded me of.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 26th, 2023 at 1:25:20 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Mission146
I mean, maybe if someone says they can't breathe and you remove your knee from that person's neck...just maybe...these simple misunderstandings about what actually caused that person's death can be avoided.
for sure.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 27th, 2023 at 5:55:56 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Never really looked at why the rumor went out about Biden wanting to ban gas stoves. He doesn't support it. But this must be it.

Quote:
A chemical linked to a higher risk of leukemia and other blood cell cancers creeps into millions of homes whenever residents light their gas stoves. A new Stanford-led analysis finds that a single gas cooktop burner on high or a gas oven set to 350 degrees Fahrenheit can raise indoor levels of the carcinogen benzene above those in secondhand tobacco smoke. Benzene also drifts throughout a home and lingers for hours in home air, according to the paper published June 15 in Environmental Science & Technology.

Well, my mom got leukemia in her 40's. Cooked over a gas stove all that time. Linked? I don't know.

https://news.stanford.edu/2023/06/16/cooking-gas-stoves-emits-benzene-2/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 27th, 2023 at 7:36:09 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
Never really looked at why the rumor went out about Biden wanting to ban gas stoves. He doesn't support it. But this must be it.

Well, my mom got leukemia in her 40's. Cooked over a gas stove all that time. Linked? I don't know.

https://news.stanford.edu/2023/06/16/cooking-gas-stoves-emits-benzene-2/

Some cities are restricting and banning gas appliances as part of their climate change reduction program. Vancouver, BC is even banning gas furnaces in new builds. California has multiple gas appliance bans in name of climate change.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 27th, 2023 at 7:48:59 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
Some cities are restricting and banning gas appliances as part of their climate change reduction program. Vancouver, BC is even banning gas furnaces in new builds. California has multiple gas appliance bans in name of climate change.

None of which has to do with Biden.

Yet dumb righties like Ted Cruz keep lying about a Biden “gas stove” ban.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 27th, 2023 at 9:13:31 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: kenarman

Cities bringing the fight to the enemy, and leading from the front. Good for them.
November 27th, 2023 at 1:37:47 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
this is just anti-fossil fuel stuff masquerading as something else
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 27th, 2023 at 2:14:39 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I am not a fan of gas, before I even worried about environmental stuff. Lots of dangers having gas lines in your home. Appliances are more expensive, (much more expensive if you need to install gas lines,) yes the average hourly cost of using a gas appliance is lower, but to achieve these savings you need to use the same appliances for many years. Also, it is just another utility account to track and deal with.

I do not think it should be banned (though I support local governments being able to ban it if they choose, as the safety and logistical issues need to be worked out locally.) But, I do not think a Federal ban is the right answer (currently, it may be one day.)
November 27th, 2023 at 2:16:08 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
None of which has to do with Biden.

Yet dumb righties like Ted Cruz keep lying about a Biden “gas stove” ban.

Correct. It’s not Biden. It’s just part of the liberal/progressive/Democrat party agenda many ‘middle’ voters are rebelling against. The Republicans are likely going to nominate by many objective standards the worst Presidential candidate in history, and he is leading in the polls. Despite the overwhelming opposition to Republican abortion stances. Is it his Trump) charming personality or the OVERALL DEMOCRAT AGENDA?
November 27th, 2023 at 3:33:50 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Correct. It’s not Biden. It’s just part of the liberal/progressive/Democrat party agenda many ‘middle’ voters are rebelling against. The Republicans are likely going to nominate by many objective standards the worst Presidential candidate in history, and he is leading in the polls. Despite the overwhelming opposition to Republican abortion stances. Is it his Trump) charming personality or the OVERALL DEMOCRAT AGENDA?

That’s an easy one: it’s Biden’s age.

The “Democrat agenda” keeps doing quite well in all these off-year elections that the GOP keeps getting shellacked in.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman