In the News II

November 26th, 2023 at 2:02:34 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Gandler
I don't follow the analogy? What is the "leftist narrative" on George Floyd? I don't think anyone thinks he was a good person, but did not deserve to be killed as he did. The cop can be guilty and Floyd can be a scumbag, both things can be true. In any case I do not know of anyone who has been beheaded for bashing Floyd.

My conspiracy theory hot take still is that both of them knew each other and there was more to the story (they both worked "security" at the same sketchy nightclub.) They both probably deserved prison time.
OK, putting aside the terrible riots ... oops I mean peaceful but fiery protests ... that destroyed billions in property and got people killed, all in the name of George Floyd... putting that aside and just looking at what happened, I'll accept that Chauvin was a scumbag if it's so. I don't care to defend him, I'm looking at other things.

Yes, I agree there was likely prior interaction between these two. Additionally, I suspect strongly that the administration of the city helped get Floyd killed by allowing the knee hold on the neck. I also suspect that didn't kill him directly, possibly didn't even contribute, likely it was the drugs. I don't think the trial produced much in the way of "the truth" so I am using words and phrases like 'likely' and 'I suspect' and "possibly' . The Leftist Narrative has the certainty to not only not use these words like I did but wants to bash anybody who does.

Getting back to the rioting aftermath, that Narrative realizes it must justify that aftermath since the Left fully supported the madness. This is why I say there are so many Jacobins and would-be Jacobins involved. Floyd became a Christ-like symbol against police brutality. A role he doesn't fit very well.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 26th, 2023 at 6:21:13 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
A fascinating example of the not so subtle bias in the media surrounds the “March for Israel” in Washington. How many people were at the pro-Israel rally? If you read any Israeli paper or the Fox News website, the answer is 290,000, which is a number that the organizing groups say they got from following security-checkpoint reports throughout the day. If you read most other media, such as Reuters, the New York Times or the Washington Post, there were either “thousands” or “tens of thousands.

If you want to check Google to research it Fox News comes up 10th. Yah there is no manipulation of the MSM by the lefties.

You could post this a 6th time and it won’t make it any less dumb.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 26th, 2023 at 7:13:18 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
You could post this a 6th time and it won’t make it any less dumb.

There are none so blind as those that will not see.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 26th, 2023 at 7:15:27 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
There are none so blind as those that will not see.

I was just mocking your five posts of the same thing in a row.

I did not know, nor care about any marches. I don’t care about Israel or Palestine.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 26th, 2023 at 7:25:25 AM permalink
kenarman
Quote: ams288
I was just mocking your five posts of the same thing in a row.

I did not know, nor care about any marches. I don’t care about Israel or Palestine.

Only 1 post on my screen. You had 5?
November 26th, 2023 at 7:27:57 AM permalink
kenarman
Only 1 post on my screen. You had 5?

Whoops you are right. If I post one more time think I can convince you?
November 26th, 2023 at 8:26:04 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Quote: odiousgambit
OK, putting aside the terrible riots ... oops I mean peaceful but fiery protests ... that destroyed billions in property and got people killed, all in the name of George Floyd... putting that aside and just looking at what happened, I'll accept that Chauvin was a scumbag if it's so. I don't care to defend him, I'm looking at other things.

Yes, I agree there was likely prior interaction between these two. Additionally, I suspect strongly that the administration of the city helped get Floyd killed by allowing the knee hold on the neck. I also suspect that didn't kill him directly, possibly didn't even contribute, likely it was the drugs. I don't think the trial produced much in the way of "the truth" so I am using words and phrases like 'likely' and 'I suspect' and "possibly' . The Leftist Narrative has the certainty to not only not use these words like I did but wants to bash anybody who does.

Getting back to the rioting aftermath, that Narrative realizes it must justify that aftermath since the Left fully supported the madness. This is why I say there are so many Jacobins and would-be Jacobins involved. Floyd became a Christ-like symbol against police brutality. A role he doesn't fit very well.

The boot lickers use a lot of conjecture, speculation and conspiracy to support their position, Problem is, none of it find support from the known objective facts.
November 26th, 2023 at 10:19:39 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
The conviction was a political decision not a decision based on criminal law.

Twelve people made a political decision? Chauvin's lead counsel sure sucks at excluding jurors.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 26th, 2023 at 10:20:15 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: GenoDRPh
The US Supreme Court thought otherwise...

That would be the conservative majority SCOTUS, wouldn't it?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 26th, 2023 at 10:22:38 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: Gandler
Quote: odiousgambit
to doubt the leftist narrative about George Floyd to a Progressive is similar to dissing Muslim tenets to the face of a true believer of that faith.

David Horowitz can be relied upon to have the facts. I think there is a new book coming out too, but if so googling isn't finding it for me

I don't follow the analogy? What is the "leftist narrative" on George Floyd? I don't think anyone thinks he was a good person, but did not deserve to be killed as he did. The cop can be guilty and Floyd can be a scumbag, both things can be true. In any case I do not know of anyone who has been beheaded for bashing Floyd.

My conspiracy theory hot take still is that both of them knew each other and there was more to the story (they both worked "security" at the same sketchy nightclub.) They both probably deserved prison time.

Yeah, I've been trying, 'Both things can be true,' with people my whole life, Gandler, but eventually I learned to give up on reason.

With that, I'm as ridiculous as anyone else politically-motivated is, except my political positions are geared towards as many people dying (but not by way of violence) as possible and people just generally doing whatever the hell they want.

Also, having dealt with what constitutes liberals these days, I've come to the conclusion that I'd hate to see a single tax penny spent to directly benefit anyone.