In the News II

November 24th, 2023 at 4:26:48 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Or, just have medically-assisted suicide centers. That and abortion are forms of healthcare worth spending public dollars on, in my opinion, as both result in net cost savings.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 24th, 2023 at 6:37:37 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146
Or, just have medically-assisted suicide centers. That and abortion are forms of healthcare worth spending public dollars on, in my opinion, as both result in net cost savings.

Oh oh, you're going to trigger OG on euthanasia.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 24th, 2023 at 11:41:53 AM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
Did they get taken for a ride instead of a cruise?

Three year cruise canceled...oops..."Sorry, no ship."

Scam or stupidity?

cruise canceled
November 24th, 2023 at 11:44:11 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: rxwine
Oh oh, you're going to trigger OG on euthanasia.

I contributed upthread

meanwhile, no, I'm not looking to support special suicide centers, you're right about that
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 24th, 2023 at 6:32:15 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Terrible news:

Quote:
BREAKING: Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer convicted of murdering George Floyd, was stabbed by another inmate and seriously injured Friday at a federal prison in Arizona, a person familiar with the matter told @AP

A shame the other prisoner couldn’t finish the job!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 24th, 2023 at 9:13:51 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: ams288
Terrible news:

A shame the other prisoner couldn’t finish the job!

Cheering the stabbing of an innocent man that was railroaded for the death of a black man that OD. There are no words to describe what I think of that sentiment that won't get me banned from the site.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
November 25th, 2023 at 4:06:56 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: kenarman
Cheering the stabbing of an innocent man that was railroaded for the death of a black man that OD. There are no words to describe what I think of that sentiment that won't get me banned from the site.

“Innocent man”

The murder was captured on video. A jury found him guilty. I know you’re not good with words, but under no reasonable definition would any intelligent person call that “innocent.”

The world will be better off when he is dead.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 25th, 2023 at 6:00:41 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
“Innocent man”

The murder was captured on video. A jury found him guilty. I know you’re not good with words, but under no reasonable definition would any intelligent person call that “innocent.”

For a guy who is "innocent" he sure did a good job looking guilty of throttling the guy with his knee.

Kind of reminds me of the blaming the suspect for running or some other reaction that cops say caused them to shoot or beat down the guy when they catch him. Chauvin literally did everything to make himself look guilty. Too bad, I guess, eh.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 25th, 2023 at 8:08:56 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I think the "rules of engagement" [as they call it in war] are what turned out bad for George Floyd and Chauvin both

Once everything cops do got video recorded, everything changed. No longer could police use brutality to control perps. Now, this is obviously a good thing ... but there are unintended consequences too. What exactly are the police supposed to do? The choke holds some of them were using as a replacement to beating with nightsticks became banned, because it could kill

As I remember it, they first said the knee on the neck thing was said to be recommended by the police dept., then backed off from that. Well, I believe in fact they had told the police it was OK to do it, claims to the contrary dubious ... OK, maybe not the way Chauvin did it

Then there are those who say the hold was not what killed Floyd. I say, also, the paddy wagon was way too slow in coming.

There's a book coming out
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 25th, 2023 at 9:13:32 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
“Innocent man”

As usual you are firmly stuck in your MSM filtered bubble of fake news. The original prosecutor on the case recommended no charges in the case. The original autopsy report showed the cause of death was heart failure, likely from the high level of drugs in his system. Our lefties couldn't have that since they saw a chance to further destabilize the country. The original prosecutor was removed and a more compliant prosecutor appointed. The original autopsy report was destroyed, the original prosecutor saw it and both he and the doctor that did the first autopsy confirm what it contained.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin