In the News II

November 2nd, 2023 at 9:14:35 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146
1.). It could have been sarcastic.

2.) The outlet who shared the officer doing that might have put him up to it/staged.

Few posts deserve the SureJan.gif response more than this one.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 2nd, 2023 at 10:27:29 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
Few posts deserve the SureJan.gif response more than this one.

I mean, there was a time I'd throw Trump a sarcastic, "Sieg Heil," if I ever saw him, but these days, it would be all over social media and people would choose to interpret it as a serious gesture and proof that Trump is supported by Neo-Nazis.

Besides, 20% of your liberal shill posts would deserve the same gif. Probably best that we don't needlessly clog up the forum with gifs trolling each other.

Beyond that, lots of things on social media are staged. Most of the, "Karens freaking out," videos are staged. Some of the nonsense that people spew on social media are done with no purpose beyond getting the pathetic dopamine rush that seeing the engagements causes.

Quite simply, I don't trust anything to be as it appears. At least, not necessarily. I suppose it's 90%-ish that the cop meant it unironically, but I don't think it's a mortal lock.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 2nd, 2023 at 10:44:59 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
As far as the comment that we had peace under Trump in the Israeli War thread, as far as I can tell, Trump has lied, cheated and stole in everything he's involved in. He's the only US President, I'd really want to know what deals he's making behind the scenes to achieve peace.

I don't doubt he works like a Bernie Madoff. You make sure someone gets money while you're stealing more from others. And then you fill all the paths with lawyers, delays and settlements to last as long as possible.

There's nothing to trust about the guy.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 2nd, 2023 at 10:56:17 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I mean, there was a time I'd throw Trump a sarcastic, "Sieg Heil," if I ever saw him, but these days, it would be all over social media and people would choose to interpret it as a serious gesture and proof that Trump is supported by Neo-Nazis.

Besides, 20% of your liberal shill posts would deserve the same gif. Probably best that we don't needlessly clog up the forum with gifs trolling each other.

Beyond that, lots of things on social media are staged. Most of the, "Karens freaking out," videos are staged. Some of the nonsense that people spew on social media are done with no purpose beyond getting the pathetic dopamine rush that seeing the engagements causes.

Quite simply, I don't trust anything to be as it appears. At least, not necessarily. I suppose it's 90%-ish that the cop meant it unironically, but I don't think it's a mortal lock.

If the dumbass really is a police officer, he should be fired.

Ain’t no reason, satire or not, for any police officer to be blatantly flashing white power symbols at anyone.

And people wonder why so many of us hate the police!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 2nd, 2023 at 10:58:14 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: ams288
If the dumbass really is a police officer, he should be fired.

Ain’t no reason, satire or not, for any police officer to be blatantly flashing white power symbols at anyone.

And people wonder why so many of us hate the police!

I didn't even know what the white power symbol looked like. If he had turned his wrist slightly and used all of his fingers, he'd have been throwing a Four Horsemen salute. I agree that it would be inappropriate context for a police officer to do that even in satire.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 2nd, 2023 at 11:01:33 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
1.). It could have been sarcastic.

2.) The outlet who shared the officer doing that might have put him up to it/staged.

3. Who cares. If it was a black officer doing the black power fist the media would love it.
The President is a fink.
November 2nd, 2023 at 11:03:23 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
3. Who cares. If it was a black officer doing the black power fist the media would love it.

That's the Nation of Domination salute. They could be taken the most seriously when Farrooq was the leader, but they were the coolest when The Rock and Owen were co-leaders.
November 2nd, 2023 at 11:12:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
That's the Nation of Domination salute. They could be taken the most seriously when Farrooq was the leader, but they were the coolest when The Rock and Owen were co-leaders.

Don’t know the black salutes. Do remember hearing two black Olympic med winners lost their medals for Clooney the black power thing on the podium and some people whined about it.

Meanwhile tie PC crowd calls the “OK” hand sign some white supremacy thing. So all in all I say who cares. The cop may get a chewing out from his captain. He is more than likely a a trump hater making either a joke or bad attempt at firing up the other haters as the a Trump family have no connections to any kind of white supremacy movements.
The President is a fink.
November 2nd, 2023 at 11:16:19 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Don’t know the black salutes. Do remember hearing two black Olympic med winners lost their medals for Clooney the black power thing on the podium and some people whined about it.

Meanwhile tie PC crowd calls the “OK” hand sign some white supremacy thing. So all in all I say who cares. The cop may get a chewing out from his captain. He is more than likely a a trump hater making either a joke or bad attempt at firing up the other haters as the a Trump family have no connections to any kind of white supremacy movements.

Whatever the case, I'd just fire him and be done with it, unless the union protects him. Not a good look for a cop regardless of his motivation, as AMS stated.
November 2nd, 2023 at 11:59:16 AM permalink
GenoDRPh
Threads: 0
Whatever the case, I'd just fire him and be done with it, unless the union protects him. Not a good look for a cop regardless of his motivation, as AMS stated.

Public officials should eave no room for inconsistencies in interpretation of their words or actions. A white power solute is just that-a white power solute and is meant as a white power symbol by someone who stands behind it's meaning. If he didn't stand behind its meaning, then it was racist cop's job to make his interpretation and meaning as satire or whatever clear. The tie doesn't go to the runner on this one. He's a cop, wearing a badge and gun, and is always on duty and is always on the field in the game.