In the News II

October 30th, 2023 at 2:45:44 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Gandler

It is good to be wary of China. And, no American should ever travel there. But, there is no reason to be paranoid of China. They are not going to be forming a modern dynasty anymore than ISIS is going to be forming a modern caliphate (as much as their propaganda says otherwise.)

In ten years from now China is going to e a shell of what it is today. Their economy will have tanked, their currency will have tanked, their workforce population will have tanked, they will struggle with both fuel and food. these are the things that will make them the most dangerous. Don't be surprised when China takes part of a weakened Western Russia.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 30th, 2023 at 3:07:11 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: DRich
In ten years from now China is going to e a shell of what it is today. Their economy will have tanked, their currency will have tanked, their workforce population will have tanked, they will struggle with both fuel and food. these are the things that will make them the most dangerous. Don't be surprised when China takes part of a weakened Western Russia.

I agree with this, I am cautiously optimistic, but I think China is on track for a massive crash in the next 10-20 years. I don't think China will be the next global dominating superpower, I think in a few decades they will be falling apart. Their system is just not sustainable. Of course, this does not change today. People who dispute this talk about the massive growth in the last decades, but this overlooks the last thousand years of sharp declines and fracturs after they try for too much power. I think China and Russia have similar problems, they are fading in strength and are acting overly powerful to make up for this. They will both be around for some time, but they are not going to be the next U.S. or England.

A lot of people overestimate the strength of our enemies. There is no threat for America. I have massive issues with America, but it is truly the strongest nation in history (and probably will be until nations become largely irrelevant.)
October 30th, 2023 at 5:27:06 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: Gandler
I agree with this, I am cautiously optimistic, but I think China is on track for a massive crash in the next 10-20 years. I don't think China will be the next global dominating superpower, I think in a few decades they will be falling apart. Their system is just not sustainable. Of course, this does not change today. People who dispute this talk about the massive growth in the last decades, but this overlooks the last thousand years of sharp declines and fracturs after they try for too much power. I think China and Russia have similar problems, they are fading in strength and are acting overly powerful to make up for this. They will both be around for some time, but they are not going to be the next U.S. or England.

A lot of people overestimate the strength of our enemies. There is no threat for America. I have massive issues with America, but it is truly the strongest nation in history (and probably will be until nations become largely irrelevant.)

The problem with that idea is that the US is in the middle of a massive crash already. Out of control debt, military in crisis, can's house its people ......
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
October 30th, 2023 at 5:33:36 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: kenarman
The problem with that idea is that the US is in the middle of a massive crash already. Out of control debt, military in crisis, can's house its people ......

As opposed to China? Are any of these stats (even using the most generous-CCP sponsored- metrics- better than the U.S. ?) Do we have more debt per GDP than China? Do we spend less on our military per GDP than China? Do we have a higher portion of homeless population than China? I am not sure that I even understand this argument even if we give the CCP full credit?
October 30th, 2023 at 6:57:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Talor Swift accused of time travel.

Finally!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/taylor-swift-accused-of-time-travel-after-suspicious-1981-commercial-surfaces/ar-AA1j7kuL?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=db27c2387d6049ada46dbbb08242ee9e&ei=49
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 30th, 2023 at 7:03:55 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine

Did DoubleGold write that article or something?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
October 31st, 2023 at 4:36:06 AM permalink
DoubleGold
Threads: 30
I was about 4-5 years old sitting at a table inside my parent's house, with a piece of paper and a pencil.

The other kids were coloring in coloring books, trying to not get the color outside of the edge of the image lines.

I asked my mother to tell me something impossible, so I could figure out a solution.

She told me to draw a square circle.

I worked on a solution for several hours (circles).

But I never forgot that day (circle) and it stayed with me for decades (circles) until I figured it out.

If time was a circle (cycle, or one wheel, not bicycle with two wheels nor tricycle with three wheels nor Presidential cycle with four wheels), then I could square the circle circumference mathematically.

Solution = circle * circle.

Or cycle * cycle.

Or one year * one year = one year.

So all I had to do was draw a circle and show my mother.

As in, e = mc2.
November 1st, 2023 at 4:11:07 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
50th annual Greenwich Village Halloween Parade last night.

Anyone in costume can join the parade.
November 1st, 2023 at 4:10:51 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Police officer flashes white power symbol at Don Jr as he enters courthouse:

https://x.com/leaningleftshow/status/1719812302256619523?s=46&t=YzY5S35GIt5OOF8vvdFyAA

So many bad apples…
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 2nd, 2023 at 7:43:39 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
Police officer flashes white power symbol at Don Jr as he enters courthouse:

https://x.com/leaningleftshow/status/1719812302256619523?s=46&t=YzY5S35GIt5OOF8vvdFyAA

So many bad apples…

1.). It could have been sarcastic.

2.) The outlet who shared the officer doing that might have put him up to it/staged.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman