1 vote (33.33%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

3 members have voted

August 4th, 2022 at 1:36:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Riverjordan
It's the principle. She proved herself to be a hypocrite by getting her hair done during the Shutdowns after she herself upheld the Shutdowns of non essential Businesses.

One set of rules for the people, another set for herself.
The President is a fink.
August 4th, 2022 at 1:49:15 PM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
One set of rules for the people, another set for herself.

Rules for thee, but not for me, all right.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
August 4th, 2022 at 3:47:29 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
It's the principle. She proved herself to be a hypocrite by getting her hair done during the Shutdowns after she herself upheld the Shutdowns of non essential Businesses.

I don't expect perfection from politicians
They are human and I expect that
It's much ado about nothing on the scale of horrible things a politician can do
It's nitpicking such a minor thing
Wouldn't it make sense for an anti masker to cheer her on for not wearing a mask :-) You go Nancy, proud you took off the mask.
Come on. Cheer her on :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 4th, 2022 at 3:52:56 PM permalink
terapined
Rules for thee, but not for me, all right.

I never ever viewed it as a rule.
That's why Nancy never bothered me
Seems only male Karens are getting upset
It's common sense to wear a mask to prevent the spread of a deadly virus. I follow common sense, not rules.
I don't want to get sick
I'm having too much fun on a multi year trip of a lifetime.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 4th, 2022 at 9:07:13 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Quote: terapined
I never ever viewed it as a rule.
That's why Nancy never bothered me
Seems only male Karens are getting upset
It's common sense to wear a mask to prevent the spread of a deadly virus. I follow common sense, not rules.
I don't want to get sick
I'm having too much fun on a multi year trip of a lifetime.

Love that you think you have common sense.
August 5th, 2022 at 4:06:16 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Mooseton
Love that you think you have common sense.

It's gotten me to a comfortable retirement
Life is good under Biden :-)
August 6th, 2022 at 6:58:33 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: DRich
I don't think China wants a war either. I expect at some point they will just do a naval blockade around the island to prevent imports and exports.

I think that way as well, but I would have never expected Russia to launch missiles on Kiev. If it is you goal to eventually incorporate Taiwan into China, you can't exactly expect to do that peacefully if you first kill a million civilians.

On 11 November 2021, the CCP declared Xi's ideology the "essence of Chinese culture".
This is the third fundamental resolution of the CCP since its inception, and symbolically raises him to the same level of prestige as leaders Mao Zedong and Deng Xiaoping. In March of 2023 he will have reached a decade as president, like his two predecessors. After that he will become Preisdent for Life.

Xi Jinping President (14 March 2013–present)
Hu Jintao President (15 March 2003 – 14 March 2013)
Jiang Zemin President (27 March 1993 – 15 March 2003)

Talking to my friends in a bar today, they speculated that there is no way Nancy Pelosi went rogue with this trip. They think this trip was orchestrated by the White House to test Xi Jinping before he becomes President for Life.
August 7th, 2022 at 5:24:17 AM permalink
Riverjordan
Threads: 23
Nancy Pelosi has received Sanctions for her Taiwan trip. You know she messed up really bad when she received Sanctions.
Alec Baldwin's gun should have been CGI. Would have prevented the tragedy. Facts.
August 7th, 2022 at 5:32:26 AM permalink
terapined
Nancy Pelosi has received Sanctions for her Taiwan trip. You know she messed up really bad when she received Sanctions.

Yawn
Poor China is having a meltdown over freedom
F**k China
I support the freedom of ANY US citizen to visit my home country of Taiwan
Freedom is important
You can't let China determine who can and can't visit our trading partners. Taiwan was the United States' 10th largest supplier of goods imports in 2020.
You absolutely positively cannot let China dictate where our politicians can and cannot travel.
August 7th, 2022 at 5:58:20 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27

You mean from China? You realize how many people they ban and sanction? Russia does the same thing to U.S. Congress people who vote against them. Its meaningless....

(Actually a quick Google search and Russia has sanctioned the majority of members of congress, if you are one of the few who has not been sanctioned by Russia or China, you should probably be removed, because only total isolationists and pro-reds are on that list....)

Being sanctioned by a bad country is a good sign that you are on the right side.
Page 5 of 6« First<23456>