2 votes (66.66%)
1 vote (33.33%)
No votes (0%)
No votes (0%)

3 members have voted

August 3rd, 2022 at 4:38:13 PM permalink
missedhervee
Threads: 96
If China retakes Taiwan we are screwed, people: they make most of the chips our electronic devices need to use, and China also makes a lot of chips: we don't in America anymore.

Bravo Pelosi: stand up to the Chinese, let them know that the US is not to be trifled with.
August 3rd, 2022 at 4:46:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: missedhervee
If China retakes Taiwan we are screwed, people: they make most of the chips our electronic devices need to use, and China also makes a lot of chips: we don't in America anymore.

Bravo Pelosi: stand up to the Chinese, let them know that the US is not to be trifled with.

Hard to do when Biden is owned by China. Trump stood up to China 5 years ago. People like yourself screamed he was starting a trade war.
The President is a fink.
August 3rd, 2022 at 5:07:40 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: missedhervee

I would agree if they take it over soon, but if they give us two years we will be fine.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 3rd, 2022 at 5:12:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
People don't need a new iphone every year.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 3rd, 2022 at 5:15:23 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: rxwine
People don't need a new iphone every year.

I am proud to say that I still have an iphone 6.
August 3rd, 2022 at 5:27:45 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: DRich
I am proud to say that I still have an iphone 6.

I've never had an IPhone
Always go with cheaper android and am very happy with it
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 3rd, 2022 at 9:58:29 PM permalink
terapined
Ed, would you be in favor of the USA going into a full war with China over Taiwan?

Obviously I would for reasons different than most. To me war is the ultimate game of strategy and I would like to see how those strategies would play out.

Taiwan would kick China's ass and China knows it
They have been seriously preparing for an invasion for over 70 years. This is a huge mountainous island that has spent some serious coin on defense
There are 3 ways to go
Declare independence
Status quo. Everything is fine as is
Negotiate to join China
For the Taiwan people and their President, the clear majority prefer status quo
The way Taiwan views it. They are an independent country and continue to act that way. No declaration needed.
I think the status quo will remain for the foreseeable future as both countries are close trading partners.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 4th, 2022 at 4:58:59 AM permalink
DRich
Quote: terapined
Taiwan would kick China's ass and China knows it

I am not knowledgeable about Taiwan's defenses but If I was China I would just send long range munitions for the first few years until Taiwan capitulates.
August 4th, 2022 at 5:12:44 AM permalink
terapined
I am not knowledgeable about Taiwan's defenses but If I was China I would just send long range munitions for the first few years until Taiwan capitulates.

Missiles are a 2 way street
China is so close, they can easily be attacked
Can you imagine missiles hitting Beijing
I think China wants to avoid war with Taiwan
They have had over 70 years to invade.
What's holding them back?
Maybe a missile attack :-)
This ain't Ukraine.
This is a thriving economy for over 70 years investing an enormous amount of money in weapons
August 4th, 2022 at 5:13:13 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

Taiwan has 250mi range missiles. The Taiwan Strait is 110 mi wide.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 3 of 6<123456>